Raffles System

• 1 month later...

@Adriano Faria Hi,

I found a bug :

4U8Jotl.png

I'm trying to reinstall the app but the bug appears again..

Step to reproduce

• Create à Lotery (Giveway) with an Administrator account
• Add one prize
• Try to access the page with a Member account

The bug appear when i add a prize. Without prize, members can see the lotery..
Actually i have the latest IPS version (4.3.6). (with old IPS version 4.3.3 i have not this bug.)

Thank you

Edited by Metmet
12 hours ago, Metmet said:

@Adriano Faria Hi,

I found a bug :

4U8Jotl.png

I'm trying to reinstall the app but the bug appears again..

Step to reproduce

• Create à Lotery (Giveway) with an Administrator account
• Add one prize
• Try to access the page with a Member account

The bug appear when i add a prize. Without prize, members can see the lotery..
Actually i have the latest IPS version (4.3.6). (with old IPS version 4.3.3 i have not this bug.)

Thank you

Do you have something related to Raffles in your logs? If so, post it here. 

Do you have Commerce?

28 minutes ago, Metmet said:

@ Adriano Faria  Salut

Vous pouvez voir l'erreur générée chaque fois qu'un membre atteint la loterie.

9Xk7Zfk.png

Et oui j'ai le commerce.

English, please!

EDIT: for some reason, it didn't create the language bit for the category. That's weird. Anyway, go to your ACP and copy this category. Give the same name and description. It will create a new one; then you go to the public side and move the giveaway to the new one. Then back to your ACP, delete the first category you've created.

Let me know if it works, otherwise I'll provide a query to add the language bit in the lang table.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 1 month later...

I have just created a new raffle (I only do this once a year so far) and my members are seeing this error when clicking on the raffle. I am using the current version. I've checked all of my settings and everything seems fine as far as I can tell. The support tool comes up fine as well. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

2018-12-22_11-53-07.png

• 2 weeks later...

@Adriano Faria: I can't install it.

I get "Sorry, you do not have permission for that!"

2C133/4 The application you are attempting to install appears to be installed already. To reinstall the application you must first uninstall it.

I am using the main admin account and I have no issues installing anything else, or upgrading apps.

-Edit-

I didn't attempt to upgrade, I had uninstalled the old version but for some reason it seems to have re-added 'raffles' to the list of installed applications but it won't install.

Edited by Joey_M
1 hour ago, Joey_M said:

@Adriano Faria: I can't install it.

I get "Sorry, you do not have permission for that!"

2C133/4 The application you are attempting to install appears to be installed already. To reinstall the application you must first uninstall it.

I am using the main admin account and I have no issues installing anything else, or upgrading apps.

-Edit-

I didn't attempt to upgrade, I had uninstalled the old version but for some reason it seems to have re-added 'raffles' to the list of installed applications but it won't install.

In the file description:

THIS IS NOT AN UPGRADE of the old app (for IP.Board 3), so if you used the old app you probably still have data from the old app in your database, take a read on Manual.pdf in the zip file or request support BEFORE you install this app.

21 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

In the file description:

THIS IS NOT AN UPGRADE of the old app (for IP.Board 3), so if you used the old app you probably still have data from the old app in your database, take a read on Manual.pdf in the zip file or request support BEFORE you install this app.

I deleted the raffle entries in the past @Adriano Faria.

I just searched phpMYADMIN just incase and I can't find anything, I also ensured I had deleted the folder but considering I re-uploaded 3.3 files and deleted the previous ones - I can't see how the application would still be there.

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

Send a PM with ACP credentials. I’ll take a look tomorrow in the morning. 

Will do.

I have found this...

SELECT *  FROM `mydatabase`.`core_applications` WHERE (CONVERT(`app_id` USING utf8) LIKE '%raffle%' OR CONVERT(`app_author` USING utf8) LIKE '%raffle%' OR CONVERT(`app_version` USING utf8) LIKE '%raffle%' OR CONVERT(`app_long_version` USING utf8) LIKE '%raffle%' OR CONVERT(`app_directory` USING utf8) LIKE '%raffle%' OR CONVERT(`app_added` USING utf8) LIKE '%raffle%' OR CONVERT(`app_position` USING utf8) LIKE '%raffle%' OR CONVERT(`app_protected` USING utf8) LIKE '%raffle%' OR CONVERT(`app_enabled` USING utf8) LIKE '%raffle%' OR CONVERT(`app_hide_tab` USING utf8) LIKE '%raffle%' OR CONVERT(`app_website` USING utf8) LIKE '%raffle%' OR CONVERT(`app_update_check` USING utf8) LIKE '%raffle%' OR CONVERT(`app_update_last_check` USING utf8) LIKE '%raffle%' OR CONVERT(`app_update_version` USING utf8) LIKE '%raffle%' OR CONVERT(`app_disabled_groups` USING utf8) LIKE '%raffle%' OR CONVERT(`app_disabled_message` USING utf8) LIKE '%raffle%' OR CONVERT(`app_diagnostic_url` USING utf8) LIKE '%raffle%' OR CONVERT(`app_default` USING utf8) LIKE '%raffle%')

Should I try deleting it? I have tried to find the lines for the SQL Toolbol but it came back saying they couldn't be found etc.

Is it possible to change the description text under these two radio options?

0e1bd02a6f5fb7603d69d1c8d02093d6.png
I'd like to reword it and add on to it so my members understand more clearly what can and can't happen based on what they choose.  I tried using the localization method, but I guess these aren't using a language string.

Edited by Alismora
4 hours ago, Alismora said:

Is it possible to change the description text under these two radio options?

0e1bd02a6f5fb7603d69d1c8d02093d6.png
I'd like to reword it and add on to it so my members understand more clearly what can and can't happen based on what they choose.  I tried using the localization method, but I guess these aren't using a language string. 

23 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Yes. Go to your ACP and change to whatever you want in the Languages. 

It has to be a language bit. I’ll take a look. You probably didn’t find because it has bold words in the middle of the string. Search, for example:

”you can monetize your site”

and 

“user will not be able to”

cM9H964.png

On 1/2/2019 at 12:36 PM, Adriano Faria said:

I don't think it's possible as a payment gateway is required in the checkout process:

cUomytI.png

How does people pay with their account credit? (I'm just trying to understand this so I can recommend this method to people).

Could you please tell me how I can fix something within the template so that it matches my site, it's simple but I can't figure it out. I'll PM you @Adriano Faria - this is a great application. 👏👏