Raffles System

What's New in Version 1.0.4:

New Features:

• New setting to admin decide if users can buy tickets using Account Credit
  • Added number of prizes in Raffle view (prizes section)
  • Added basic member data (reputation points, joined date and content count) in Participants popup

Fix:

• Use the member currency (instead of defaut currency) when creating the invoice

I don't see to be able to access the support / suggestions threads. But I'm having a problem with my raffle. I created a giveaway with several prizes. I was trying to create a giveaway with 8 different copies of the same prize, but I couldn't figure out how. Instead I just created 8 identical prizes.

The expiration time has come and gone, but the raffle is showing up as expired instead of completed. What am I do wrong here? How do I complete the raffle and see the winners? The admin CP lists the raffle as expired, and shows the raffled ending time in the past.

5a21964fde64e_ScreenShot2017-12-01at12_49_05PM.thumb.png.ff89b9eb030050a330b9111625829b48.png

1 minute ago, Northeast Mountain Sports said:

I was trying to create a giveaway with 8 different copies of the same prize, but I couldn't figure out how. Instead I just created 8 identical prizes.

That's not a feature. I never see someone repeats prizes, that's not a regular thing and seems to be suitable only to your use, so I don't think I will implement this. You have to create them manually.

2 minutes ago, Northeast Mountain Sports said:

The expiration time has come and gone, but the raffle is showing up as expired instead of completed. What am I do wrong here? How do I complete the raffle and see the winners? The admin CP lists the raffle as expired, and shows the raffled ending time in the past.

If it's showing only expired that's why you choose to MANUALLY pick winners in the app settings:

WmxXSWQ.png

If that's the case, do what the message suggests: add the block in the ACP Dashboad and you'll see something like that:

5954e9bebf72f_5-ManualPickingWinners.png

On 12/1/2017 at 6:56 PM, Adriano Faria said:

That's not a feature. I never see someone repeats prizes, that's not a regular thing and seems to be suitable only to your use, so I don't think I will implement this. You have to create them manually.

Actually we could use it too. But I also created the same prize multiple times and worked around that problem :).

Tidbit...

I have a Giveaway up and running and it has 38 participants so far. When I view the participants on the first page the text header "CONTENT COUNT" is there where it's supposed to be (see pic 1). Then I select "Next" to go to page 2 and the text header "CONTENT COUNT" disappears, the count is there but not the text (see pic 2). I refresh the page and the text reappears (see pic 3). I go next to page 3, repeat above and so on for all pages. It doesn't do that for "JOINED", just "CONTENT COUNT".

2017-12-03_17-15-10.jpg

2017-12-03_17-15-49.jpg

2017-12-03_17-16-34.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/12/2017 at 9:23 PM, JTHastings said:

I have a Giveaway up and running and it has 38 participants so far. When I view the participants on the first page the text header "CONTENT COUNT" is there where it's supposed to be (see pic 1). Then I select "Next" to go to page 2 and the text header "CONTENT COUNT" disappears, the count is there but not the text (see pic 2). I refresh the page and the text reappears (see pic 3). I go next to page 3, repeat above and so on for all pages. It doesn't do that for "JOINED", just "CONTENT COUNT".

Fixed.

On 08/12/2017 at 2:27 PM, JTHastings said:

Suggestion for a future version: I for one would like to see the date that a particular member actually signed up for the Raffle/Giveaway on the Participants view. For me I would classify it as a "nice to have but not required".

- Raffle:

vpffaZq.png

- Giveaway:

EIbzerK.png

- Also addes suoport to Member History:

FuJWHuC.png

What's New in Version 1.0.5:

New Features:

• Added support to Member History in the following actions:
    • Join to a raffle (displays number of tickets purchased)
    • Joing to a giveaway
    • Leave a giveaway
    • Convert a Giveaway to Raffle
    • Convert a Raffle to Giveaway
    • Change the ticket price from a raffle
  • Added date when the member joined to a raffle/giveaway in the Participants popup

Fix:

• Missing language bit in in the Participants popup
Edited by Adriano Faria
9 minutes ago, JTHastings said:

Is there any type of written instruction anywhere that might walk us "non-programmer" types through the process of making a change to the language bits? :)

It's all in the section of admin panel where themes (styles) live. Language bits are in the section with languages. If you want to change something just choose English and click "translate" icon. You can search for anything you see on the page (so in this case "raffles" word) or just toy around with tools in the upper menu (quick translation for example).

Also check out help articles:

Edited by Nebthtet
1 hour ago, JTHastings said:

Ouch! and this is what's showing in the Activity Stream...15 people won the first prize and got notified....not good. Everything worked good right up until the winners were auto selected.

Dam I have a a raffle completing tomorrow - How can I avoid this happening?

Please help Adriano as I cannot afford to give away lots of the same prize

1 hour ago, Unlucky said:

Dam I have a a raffle completing tomorrow - How can I avoid this happening?

After doing some research I "think" it was just the status update on the Activity Stream that shows all 1st place, I can't be 100% sure but I also "think" the actual notifications that went to the Members has the correct prize awarded. The display of all the winners also was correctly done with the correct prize (although the format needs improvement for consistency).

If you want to be totally safe you might consider taking it off automatic and moving it to manual although I really believe you'll be fine as is.

10 hours ago, JTHastings said:

Ouch! and this is what's showing in the Activity Stream...15 people won the first prize and got notified....not good. Update: I "think" the actual notifications were correct. Everything worked good right up until the winners were auto selected.

2017-12-24_17-07-30.jpg

Notification and Activity Streams entries are two different things here and they don’t work together. 

Please, try to be more clear as possible when something like this haapens. All info I have now is: it’s a giveaway. I need to know how many prizes, etc.

9 hours ago, Unlucky said:

I know and it’s Christmas today, I have a life too, etc.  I’ll try to do something when I have all the info needed to do something. In the meantime, disable this feature: ACP -> System -> Content Discovery -> Streams -> Activity Stream Settings. Disable When a raffle is completed and winners picked.

6SYjSz9.png

Edited by Adriano Faria