Raffles System

This application will allow members to create and manage raffles and giveaways on your board.

Notice:

• Compatibility: IPS 4.2 only!
  • Requirement: Commerce: https://invisionpower.com/features/commerce
  • THIS IS NOT AN UPGRADE of the old app (for IP.Board 3), so if you used the old app you probably still have data from the old app in your database, take a read on Manual.pdf in the zip file or request support BEFORE you install this app.
  • Each purchase entitles you to use Raffles System on one Community installation.
  • Be aware that may have local laws regarding paying for the tickets unless you are registered as a non-profit organization, or have special authorization to do so. Some sites like Paypal usually shut accounts down or even can take actions against the accounts of people using their site in that manner.

Features:

• Ability to choose which type of content per category: only Raffles, only Giveaways or both
  • Up to 100 prizes per raffle/giveaway (category setting)
  • Restrict members participation per raffle/giveaway by:
    • Tickets per member (raffles only)
    • Number of participants
    • Content count
    • Reputation points/likes
    • Number of days as member
    • Groups
  • Multiple participants per raffle/giveaway (participants can buy more than one ticket (raffle only) to increase their odds)
  • Unlimited categories of raffles/giveaways with permissions,  extra fields, plus unlimited depth of parent-child relationships with a lot of settings, permissions and extra fields
  • Category Icons
  • Integrates to Commerce, so you can choose a specific payment gateway, tax, fee and comission and use multi-currencies
  • Ability to force users to fill the price in currencies
  • Ability to switch between currencies with a click to display raffle prices
  • More...

Suggestions and Bugs report:

Account:

4 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Random. It will run and pick winners randomly.

Ok, integration with a 3rd party might be useful. We use random.org to ensure that there is no tamping with the selection. If set to manual is it possible to export a list for copy/paste to something like random.org?

No, no export thing and honestly I don't have any intention to do such thing. This app uses a random script to pick unique winners so I don't see a need for this.

foreach( \IPS\Db::i()->select( '*', 'raffles_participants', array( 'rp_raffle_id=?', $raffle->id ), 'rand()', array( 0, count( $raffle->getParticipants() ) ) ) as $row )
		{
			$winners[] 				 = $row['rp_member_id'];
			$uniqWinners[ $row['rp_member_id'] ]     = $row['rp_member_id'];
		}

Hi,

Re - Be aware that may have local laws regarding paying for the tickets unless you are registered as a non-profit organization, or have special authorization to do so. Some sites like Paypal usually shut accounts down or even can take actions against the accounts of people using their site in that manner.

We are thinking of using this to increase registrations so to avoid the above, can members get a ticket for free and can we restrict it to one raffle ticket per member?

Just now, Unlucky said:

We are thinking of using this to increase registrations so to avoid the above, can members get a ticket for free and can we restrict it to one raffle ticket per member?

Yes... you want to create GIVEAWAYS only, where only one ticket is allowed, but that's not paid; it's free!

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

Yes... you want to create GIVEAWAYS only, where only one ticket is allowed, but that's not paid; it's free!

Hi,

Yes exactly. So we can go on social media and say we have a new raffle - to enter simply register to get your free entry

Plus mailshot existing members to entice them to revisit and log back in etc

Do you offer a discount for 2 purchases lol

2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Buy 2 and I'll give you another resource as a "discount'.

I'll leave this clear: this only applies to @Unlucky or to somebody else who buys 2 RAFFLES SYSTEM and not Raffle System and any other resource... Posting this because I'm receiving PMs. ^_^

Still, "GIFT" or "DISCOUNT" is a $10-15 resource, not another resource that costs same $35! :rofl:

Hello,

im ipb 3.4 user but im planing upgrade to 4.x (4.2 to get working your script) but i mean that i dont know what everything working and this is my question: In user profile can you see what he won and what giveaways he created? Any new tab with history? If no you have plans to do something like this or only if i will pay you will do this?

Im sorry for bad English.

4 minutes ago, Chuchma said:

Hello,

im ipb 3.4 user but im planing upgrade to 4.x (4.2 to get working your script) but i mean that i dont know what everything working and this is my question: In user profile can you see what he won and what giveaways he created? Any new tab with history? If no you have plans to do something like this or only if i will pay you will do this?

Im sorry for bad English.

Yes, it has all raffles, comments and reviews created in the profile content (left side), just like topics, etc.

I will add a tab with prizes won in next version.

:)

Hello,

i have last questions (for now.. ?) (i hope). Because i dont need troubles with a law so:

1) Admin can turn off  "Raffles" type option and use only option "Giveaways"?
2) If i will only use option "Giveaways" i dont need buy  "Commerce"?

Thank You.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks very nice and I'm considering buying one or two as soon as I upgrade my communities to IPS 4.2 :)

Top quality as all of your products, @Adriano Faria!

The link to your suggestions forum didn't work for me.

I have some questions though, I think most of them are suggestions for future releases:

1. Could it be possible, maybe in a future release, to integrate the checkbox field for bulk mail ("send me news and informations" / "allow email by admin"), which is displayed on the registration screen and in the notification settings, as a new restriction criteria for raffles/giveaways? It's very important to me, as I only want members to take part in raffles/giveaways, if they receive my email newsletters...

I would be really nice, too, to have some more restriction options:

# bulk email (most important)
    # personal message system activated
    # check for custom profile fields (f.e. gender)
    # birthday field in profile (members have to be 21 or 18 years old according to laws, depends where your community is located)

2. Automatic adding participants to the raffles/giveaways: Sometimes, I would like that my whole community takes part in the raffle/giveaways without further action by them (they are forced to take part), or, that I could add all participants that match my special restrictions criteria, all at once. Any chance for this? What I mean is this: any function to bulk adding participants according to my criteria/restrictions. I have xxx.xxx users and I want a lot of them to take part automatically.

3. I read it integrates to IP.Commerce. So far so good. But is it possible to restrict the application to only one payment gateway? I want to use "Points Economy" as a payment gateway, and only Points Economy, but I'm using other payment gateways for downloads and the shop.

I think it can only show currency prices (f.e. USD), not points instead of a real-world currency, or?

4. You can configure, that participants can buy more than one ticket only to increase their odds. Great! But could I restrict it on 1 ticket / 1 day f.e. I want my members to visit my community as often as possible, so it would be nice to limit the ticket sale on a hourly/daily/weekly basis.

If there would be a bulk adding function (2.) it would be great if it could repeat the automatic adding daily/weekly...

5. Are there any compact sidebar widgets planned? F.e. for 1st, 2nd, 3rd winner (displaying the winners for a week until the next raffle starts). Or showing the 1st, 2nd, 3rd prizes (during ticket sale time).

6. Can I hide the raffle settings on the frontend? I only want to show the title as a "raffle motto" and keep some informations as a secret... If members don't match, they are denied, or get an error message.

7. Is any integration to the "Automation Rules Application" planned?

8. Can I duplicate former raffles/giveaways to reissue them as a new raffle/giveaway?

I know, a lot of suggestions at once :lol: 

Thanks very much for this great application!

Edited by Cyboman
14 hours ago, Cyboman said:

Top quality as all of your products

Tks. :)

The link to your suggestions forum didn't work for me.

Actually, it was open only in development stage. Now it is locked for clients only.

Could it be possible, maybe in a future release, to integrate the checkbox field for bulk mail ("send me news and informations" / "allow email by admin"), which is displayed on the registration screen and in the notification settings, as a new restriction criteria for raffles/giveaways? It's very important to me, as I only want members to take part in raffles/giveaways, if they receive my email newsletters...

I would be really nice, too, to have some more restriction options:

# bulk email (most important)
# personal message system activated
# check for custom profile fields (f.e. gender)
# birthday field in profile (members have to be 21 or 18 years old according to laws, depends where your community is located)

• Email: honestly, no. I don't see any sense in restrict by something that the member can change. See: he goes to a raffle/giveaway, see this restriction, then he goes to his settings and enable this. He grants his participation and then he disable it again.
  • Personal message: no, because this app uses the built-in notification system. I don't send any PM. User choose what he wants in the Notifications Settings.
  • Custom Fields: not sure.... it can open a huge lack of things to validate, etc.
  • Age: Ok, in a future version, althought the user, again, can enter any value he wants and then change after enter in the raffle. It's not secure.

Automatic adding participants to the raffles/giveaways: Sometimes, I would like that my whole community takes part in the raffle/giveaways without further action by them (they are forced to take part), or, that I could add all participants that match my special restrictions criteria, all at once. Any chance for this? What I mean is this: any function to bulk adding participants according to my criteria/restrictions. I have xxx.xxx users and I want a lot of them to take part automatically.

You can do that already:

Capturar.png

I read it integrates to IP.Commerce. So far so good. But is it possible to restrict the application to only one payment gateway? I want to use "Points Economy" as a payment gateway, and only Points Economy, but I'm using other payment gateways for downloads and the shop.

You can choose a specific payment gateway:

Capturar.png

I have no idea how Points Economy" works... if it adds a payment gateway, then you can use it.

I think it can only show currency prices (f.e. USD), not points instead of a real-world currency, or?

Not sure what you mean.

You can configure, that participants can buy more than one ticket only to increase their odds. Great! But could I restrict it on 1 ticket / 1 day f.e. I want my members to visit my community as often as possible, so it would be nice to limit the ticket sale on a hourly/daily/weekly basis.

No.

Are there any compact sidebar widgets planned? F.e. for 1st, 2nd, 3rd winner (displaying the winners for a week until the next raffle starts). Or showing the 1st, 2nd, 3rd prizes (during ticket sale time).

In a future version, yes.

Can I hide the raffle settings on the frontend? I only want to show the title as a "raffle motto" and keep some informations as a secret... If members don't match, they are denied, or get an error message.

No but I can add a settng for this.

Is any integration to the "Automation Rules Application" planned?

No.

Can I duplicate former raffles/giveaways to reissue them as a new raffle/giveaway?

I can add a COPY option in the menu, so all you need is to set a new limit date/value.

I know, a lot of suggestions at once

Oh yeah. Hope I answered all. :)

I just added the age restriction and the setting to show the settings:

Capturar.png

image.thumb.png.39522d196423dfd6c02c48a5

image.png.a0e689cfb4a4f8e616bc588d4ba93c

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Setting to display Raffle/Giveaway settings:

image.png.12bb85e1d308f6a09410bdd75e8da4

image.thumb.png.51eadda2a72fce0fbc4612ce

image.thumb.png.28c2ef421d5e3651955dfd6b

Great news, I will buy very soon. :thumbsup:

But please let me clarify the following:

• bulk adding of participants: yes, it's possible like you showed me, but I think there should be an option, not to only add single members by name, but member groups (all group members at once). This might have been a misunderstanding. My communities have really a lot members and it would take a whole week to add all of them by inserting every member name manually :lol:

REQUESTED FUNCTION -> ADD member group to this raffle... EXCEPT the banned users

• bulk email field restriction: this directly corresponds to the feature above: bulk adding participants (member groups). If I could add member groups at once and restrict by "bulk email field description" in addition, then I would get only the ones that receive my newsletter (=the whole member group MINUS bulk email = OFF).

REQUESTED FUNCTION -> ADD member group to this raffle... EXCEPT banned users... AND EXCEPT the members of this group who have BULK EMAIL = OFF

The idea and sense of this was, that if I start a new raffle / giveaways irregularily, my members never know at what time I will start a raffle/giveaways. Exactly at this point of time, I could manually start a raffle with BULK ADDING MEMBER GROUPS, but only the members who have their bulk email field toggled ON.

The ones, that had EMAIL ON at this point of time, they're IN! The ones, that had EMAIL OFF at this point of time, they're OUT, no more chance for that raffle!

If I publish news to my community, f.e.

"only members with bulk email ON will participate in the raffle coming up anytime during the next month. Go here... to activate your bulk email & raffle function and take part NOW!"

really a lot of members would activate the bulk email feature to take part in the lottery.

In some countries, it is prohibited by law to send members bulk emails without their "conscious agreement". Hence I'm looking for a way, to make them happy by receiving my newsletters, as they would also take part in the lottery... email marketing is very effective, but according laws are becoming stricter all the time...

The BULK EMAIL FIELD RESTRICTION only makes sense, if you have the ADD MEMBER GROUP MANUALLY FUNCTION, and you can use both functions at the same time in combination

Just wanted to clarify, so you get the point what I meant and the email marketing strategy I'm thinking about.

Thanks a lot anyway, purchase will follow the next days :) 

I bought it and I like it so far. :)  Even without the group adding and special bulk email features above ^^ ;) 

But I experience the following issues:

• you can't change / modify the prizes once they have been defined? Even if no members have bought any tickets until now. I think an admin should be able to change prizes / prize logos and prize descriptions.

Why? I'd like to insert more detailed prize descriptions (enhance the raffle prize texts after publication), or the prize photos don't look good enough if I see them next to each other (after publication).

• if a raffle is expired / closed (and no members took part in the raffle), you can edit the expiration date on the frontend and the backend, but it still doesn't reopen... Can a raffle be reopened?

Thanks.

@Adriano Faria

I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong here.  I setup a new raffle - Restrictions are all off essentially (just testing.)  I set a ticket price and login with a test member account.  In the permissions this member account has permission to PARTICIPATE.  When I go to BUY TICKETS I get this:

Capture.thumb.PNG.d8db75064e4c2f9735768642f4554222.PNG

The error is confusing to me as I have NO LIMITS set - "UNRESTRICTED" is checked off.