Raffles System

57 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Did you read the Manual.pdf as requested in file description? You probably used the old version. 

Leave a PM with ACP access. I’ll take a look tomorrow (if I’m able to) or monday morning. 

I read it, but it is a new installation and I had no previous version before, not even on 2.x or 3.x....

Monday is absolutely fine, I'll send you the ACP data then, if my investigations will be unsuccessful. Thanks and enjoy the weekend! :) 

2 hours ago, Donald Meek said:

where do i edit restricionts such as content amount rep points etc etc where do i edit these?

foujnd it have to create it from start can not edit it

Some restrictions appears only when you create a raffle. That is to avoid to change them and let members stay in raffle when they shouldn’t. 

• 3 weeks later...

I hope this isn't one of those "stupid questions" but here goes. Does this application allow me to restrict the creation of raffles to specific groups while allowing other groups to enter? Not quite sure how to set that up...

YEP...stupid question all right! I found it!!!

Edited by JTHastings

OK, I have set up my first Giveaway and all was well UNTIL I started adding Prizes. The pictures I add will not go away from one prize to the next and they defy all my attempts to remove/delete them. Now my prizes are all messed up with the wrong pics. Am I missing something or is this a "bug"?

Update: I cleared everything out of the database for prizes HOWEVER the uploaded pics remain in the Editor and I can't get rid of them (see pic).

2017-11-23_2-54-45.thumb.jpg.ebcc2d37c589727a20aa0ce0a7d2c611.jpg

Edited by JTHastings
Updated with Pic
7 hours ago, Unlucky said:

It's probably my OCD coming out but it would be nice if the text was aligned level for Participants and Prizes and the bottom line lined up

It's slightly out on my raffle page here:

https://www.walkingfootball.com/raffles/raffle/1-win-a-bala-sport-astro-ball-for-your-walking-football-team-in-our-free-to-enter-raffle/

Can you please show a screenshot? Not sure what you mean.

55 minutes ago, JTHastings said:

OK, I have set up my first Giveaway and all was well UNTIL I started adding Prizes. The pictures I add will not go away from one prize to the next and they defy all my attempts to remove/delete them. Now my prizes are all messed up with the wrong pics. Am I missing something or is this a "bug"?

Update: I cleared everything out of the database for prizes HOWEVER the uploaded pics remain in the Editor and I can't get rid of them (see pic).

2017-11-23_2-54-45.thumb.jpg.ebcc2d37c589727a20aa0ce0a7d2c611.jpg

You added images to the raffle description. There’s a place to add prizes.  Ok, it seems you got that. 

So are you saying you can’t delete the attachments by simply clicking in the trash can in the images?

1 hour ago, JTHastings said:

57 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Can you please show a screenshot? Not sure what you mean.

You added images to the raffle description. There’s a place to add prizes.  Ok, it seems you got that. 

So are you saying you can’t delete the attachments by simply clicking in the trash can in the images?

I just tested and it works fine:

Waiting for more details.

Here's what's going on today. I got everything cleared out and started over from scratch.

I Created 15 prizes each with only one picture representing the prize (no pictures in the actual description area). So far so good.

Then I went back to prize #6 and selected "EDIT" and attempted to change the prize picture. It failed to upload the new pic with error "There was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200". I tried several times and problem remains...Error -200. I also tried the same process with prize #1 and was greeted with the same error...

So, I am afraid to try adding any additional pictures to the descriptions if I can't even change the primary prize picture. Something just doesn't seem right with how the system (database) is handling Edits to Pictures, it should be a simple process of click Edit, Delete pic, add new pic...but it's not working for me.

2017-11-23_9-18-00.jpg

54 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Ok, I’ll try to reproduce it. If it’s a issue, will be fixed. 

Thanks Adriano, I appreciate it.

Also, I just noticed that you can actually delete a raffle/giveaway but you can't just delete a single prize...at least I didn't see one. If it's not an available feature then I would suggest it be added in an upcoming update.

Just gave it a try with the following results.

I went in via "Edit" and added 2 pictures to the description for Prize #3. It put the pictures in like I would expect.

I went back in via "Edit" for prize #4 with the intention of adding a different picture to that description. The 2 pictures I uploaded for Prize #3 were already in the editor attachment box and will NOT delete and show up in the prize #4 description. Clearly, this is not working correctly when trying to add pictures to the description. I suspect something similar to the fix above but you're the expert, not me!

2017-11-23_22-06-45.jpg

2017-11-23_22-05-55.jpg