Raffles System

On 8/16/2021 at 3:17 PM, Adriano Faria said:

PriCes or priZes? If you mean prizes, I really don't see any sense in add 100 prizes totally equals to each other. Can you elaborate or show a useful usage of this:?

-----------------------------------

Regarding the error of the author link in raffle/giveaway view, this is TEMPORARY FIX: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/438772-raffles-system/?do=findComment&comment=2862810

A new version (1.6.0.1) was submitted to marketplace to fix this issue. If you edited your template, click in the REVERT button as soon as you upgrade to the newest.

Ill try to explain an example, sorry if its not really understandable. (yes I mean prizes sry typo)

We wanted to give away 10-100 "Key" (those are kinda like licences) to our software, instead of generating 100 prizes manual, it would be great if we could generate 10-100 Bulk prizes with the same picture/description.

The other part would be, that we could pre-define a text or bulk "keys" or something that the winner will get automatically after they win.
Best solution would be probably to integrate Commerce somehow, and just give them a "product" after they won automatically that we ofc predefined before.

Regards

1 minute ago, BradTBP said:

Hi Adriano,

Just working on first raffle in a while.  It is not published yet, but when I save it for later publishing, I am seeing this:

image.thumb.png.831ba14ae8cc1089565186f8bb8c1f52.png

Any thoughts on what is throwing that error?

Thank you.

Brad 
TheBullsPen.com

Hello, there’s a link to the temporary fix (new version is currently pending approval) above your post.

On 8/16/2021 at 10:17 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Regarding the error of the author link in raffle/giveaway view, this is TEMPORARY FIX: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/438772-raffles-system/?do=findComment&comment=2862810

A new version (1.6.0.1) was submitted to marketplace to fix this issue. If you edited your template, click in the REVERT button as soon as you upgrade to the newest.

Go back to the template and click in the REVERT button if you applied the temporary fix. 

New version is available. 

• 1 month later...

If I have 2 payment methods set in commerce, and one of them is Paypal...
When I create a raffle, can I set it to only use one of the payment methods, since Paypal forbids raffles?
I would like to set it so that only the other method can be used. Don't know if this is possible with this app?

6 minutes ago, Brian Robinson_47676 said:

When I create a raffle, can I set it to only use one of the payment methods, since Paypal forbids raffles?
I would like to set it so that only the other method can be used. Don't know if this is possible with this app?

Sure. Go to the Raffles settings -> Commerce or Integration tab and choose the payment method  there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2021 at 1:42 PM, Brian Robinson_47676 said:

Just thought i'd ask as I only do free raffles atm...what payment methods can you set up that will take raffle payments?

Be good to know for the future when using this application if we ever did want to do one.

22 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Just thought i'd ask as I only do free raffles atm...what payment methods can you set up that will take raffle payments?

Be good to know for the future when using this application if we ever did want to do one.

Free raffles = giveaways and Commerce isn’t required. It won’t use any payment method. 

If you want to run Raffles, then Commerce is required and it will use any payment methods you have set-up in Commerce.

Thanks Adriano. I kind of knew how the functionality worked but it was more the fact that PayPal doesn't accept raffle payments so was interested to know what Payment Methods that you can set up in Commerce that can.

Apologies if I wasn't clear, happy to take the question off here as its not about a defect or problem, just impacts Raffles on when using it 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/6/2021 at 12:13 AM, BradTBP said:

Adriano,

When the raffle ends and is automatically drawn, it does not post winners to the message board thread as it used to.  It just puts words there:

image.thumb.png.bfcfdbb7c7d2dd290be97090f803d916.png

There are properly listed on the raffle/giveaway page, but not to the thread posted automatically for the raffle/giveaway.

https://www.thebullspen.com/topic/158404-ticket-giveawayhouston-at-bulls-pairs-of-club-access-tickets/

I get this too, is there any fix?

On 11/5/2021 at 9:13 PM, BradTBP said:

Adriano,

When the raffle ends and is automatically drawn, it does not post winners to the message board thread as it used to.  It just puts words there:

image.thumb.png.bfcfdbb7c7d2dd290be97090f803d916.png

There are properly listed on the raffle/giveaway page, but not to the thread posted automatically for the raffle/giveaway.

https://www.thebullspen.com/topic/158404-ticket-giveawayhouston-at-bulls-pairs-of-club-access-tickets/

On 1/21/2022 at 2:58 PM, watchhead said:

I get this too, is there any fix?

I just submitted a new version to fix this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Michael R said:

Has this been fixed? I am not seeing winners.

jjtRmCh.jpg
There’s a task that runs once per hour. This task will do the job. If your raffle finished a few minutes ago, just wait. This is like that since version 1 and works. You need to choose a forum in the category to create the topic when a raffle is submitted OR enable a forum and go to the raffle and in the Raffle menu choose Create Topic.

-----------------------------------------------

EDIT:

Just tested running manually the task:

- Raffle:

crAbW72.png

- Topic:

GDDUY7X.png

Edited by Adriano Faria