Raffles System

1 hour ago, Matis Soppe said:

the string FREE which appears in the popular and expiring widgets and in raffles main page.

Just checked and I assume you don't have Commerce app? It was required before, thus I used the lang free from Commerce. If you want to edit templates manually, open the following:

• raffles/front/index/indexBlock
  • raffles/front/widgets/raffleRow
  • raffles/front/widgets/raffleRowES

Find:

{lang="free"}

Change to:

{lang='raffle_free_giveaway'}

Fix will come in a future version as it isn't crashing the app/board.

Thanks for the instructions!

I have newest ips/commerce installed, I looked and i only see this string key "free_shipping" in commerce app but not exactly key "free" and second one was what you mentioned "raffle_free_giveaway" which was also translated. I am just curios why i did not find it in commerce app or this was a mistake. Anyway, i'll change the key what you instructed and keep my eyes open for any issues and report them back to you. Thanks. 😉

image.thumb.png.6dcbd1274ee32eface378be5045030cc.png

Edited by Matis Soppe
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's New in Version 1.3.6:

New feature:

• Add ability to clone a raffle/giveway. A new moderator permission is available to enable this option in the Raffle Actions menu.
    • All relevant data will be copied to the new raffle/giveway, including prizes
    • New raffle/giveway will be crated in draft mode so you can choose a proper date to publish it.
Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After reading more about the legalities of Raffles, I've ready that it is basically illegal in the US, where I am based, unless you're set up as a non-profit. Do people still use it anyway?

Also, is it possible to use it the following way:

Instead of selling tickets to members of the forum in order for them to be eligibe to win a prize, can we use the raffle system with the Commerce Donation sysytem. So instead of selling tickets, I can just state that for every dollar that is "Donated", they will receive 1 ticket. Then I can pick a winner from those that have donated?

Is this way still considered illegal? I really would love to get this and integrate it on my forum. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, SC36DC said:

Instead of selling tickets to members of the forum in order for them to be eligibe to win a prize, can we use the raffle system with the Commerce Donation sysytem. So instead of selling tickets, I can just state that for every dollar that is "Donated", they will receive 1 ticket. Then I can pick a winner from those that have donated?

No.

5 minutes ago, SC36DC said:

Is this way still considered illegal? I really would love to get this and integrate it on my forum.

I’m not from US. You’ll have to get help with someone from there regarding local laws. 

Anyway, this is clear in the file description:

Be aware that may have local laws regarding paying for the tickets unless you are registered as a non-profit organization, or have special authorization to do so. Some sites like Paypal usually shut accounts down or even can take actions against the accounts of people using their site in that manner.

Moderators with proper permission can add manually members to raffle but this won’t generate an invoice for the members. If the raffles allows one ticket per member, then only one is allowed. If it allows more, than a input box with a number will show up. Default to 1.  Max = maximum number of tickets per member. But I’m not totally sure about this last part. That is what happens when purchasing tickets; not sure when adding manually. Would need to install the app and see.

8 hours ago, SC36DC said:

and apply an amount of tickets per person?

3 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

But I’m not totally sure about this last part. That is what happens when purchasing tickets; not sure when adding manually. Would need to install the app and see.

It does too:

hi5WZji.png

You can increase the number of tickets when adding manually a member.