• Added compatibility to Achievements
    • When a raffle is drawn
  • Added compatibility to Webhooks
    • When a raffle is drawn
  • Added a new page (Winners Wall) to display all winners from all raffles
  • Adjustments when a raffle is cloned
  • Templates enhancements

Suggestion for Winners Wall.

Add ability to sort or display Category or date range. Members want to see who won specific Raffles and most recent Raffles.

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Michael R said:

Suggestion for Winners Wall.

Add ability to sort or display Category or date range. Members want to see who won specific Raffles and most recent Raffles.

Thanks!

Ok, will take a look in a future version. Right now there’s a new (pending) version to fix permissions issue in the wall. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello Adriano, I just ran my first raffle and want to know if there is a known issue with the plugin? Based on the odds of winning, and there was only 18 participants, it seems very suspicious for first, second and third place winners to have a combined total of just over 3% chance of winning.

Thanks so much

image.thumb.png.e8e49a28730564b1a6577003379442df.png

Hello Adriano, ok, so there is a definite problem, and for all I know it's my fault, LOL, anyways, I did a second raffle with similar fishy results, so I ran a third just to be sure. On this third one there was 10 entrants that I had everyone get one ticket, so they all had a .48% chance of winning. I then did the 11th entrant and had them get 200 tickets, so their % chance of winning was 95%. That person with a 95% chance of winning didn't come in 1st, 2nd or third. Any thoughts  🙂   Thanks so much!

image.thumb.png.fcf15bcad5ec626f0fe2f2cb6833a02b.png

I already told you how it works. You can buy 100 tickets, still the one who purchased 1 can win because winners are picked randomly. Have you ever tried lottery in your life? That’s the same. There are people that buys hundreds of $ in tickets and that doesn’t guarantee they will win.

If you want the one who purchased more to win just because he purchased more, then this resource doesn’t fit your needs as it doesn’t let you choose the winner manually.

Edited by Adriano Faria

Thanks Adriano, ok so let me try and understand this

My raffle had 11 participants with the below number of purchased tickets

Name # of Tickets % chance to win
Participant 1 200 95.24
Participant 2 1 0.48
Participant 3 1 0.48
Participant 4 1 0.48
Participant 5 1 0.48
Participant 6 1 0.48
Participant 7 1 0.48
Participant 8 1 0.48
Participant 9 1 0.48
Participant 10 1 0.48
Participant 11 1 0.48

What was participant 1's chance of winning

• .48% which is 1 in 11
  • or would it be closer to 95%

The raffle plugin said it was 95.24%

image.png.dc5bb477290e3cecfb44e9ac6f878667.png

Thanks so much

3 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

The ODD is just a number based in the tickets. The app picks the winner randomly. 
If you’re not happy, then provide a way via suggestion to do it.

I may take into consideration and change it, if it makes sense to me.

Thanks so much, so your answer is her chances were .48% chance of winning?

OH ok! Now I see the problem, I assumed because it showed in the app that her percent chance of winning was 95%... that she had a 95% chance of winning.

So yea, I would definitely suggest changing it so that the percent chance the app shows, is their actual percent chance of winning. So at 95% you are almost guaranteed to win it. Otherwise it is confusing to the participants to see such a high % of winning, and never winning a raffle.  THANKS MATE!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...