Raffles System

11 minutes ago, ekforum said:

When you click on 'all participants' it shows the members who have joined.

Could contain: Page, Text, Logo

The join date under the member is incorrect:

Could contain: Text
But time stamps pop the forum seem to be fine, just that bit. 

Are you using the latest version? This was fixed in version 1.6.7:

6WQNM9q.jpg

Make sure you haven’t templates edited from this app.

On 3/27/2023 at 7:31 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Make sure the template raffles -> view -> participantsListRows isn't edited (button REVERT will show up). If it is, click in the REVERT button to get the latest version of the template.

Thanks. Looks to be not modified. 

Could contain: File, Webpage, Page, Text

8 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Probably removing its record from core_queue table via PHPMyAdmin.

So even with the app disabled, this keeps coming back.  I deleted the entry for Raffles from core_queue and restarted the rebuild but it comes back.

Please let me know when you get a chance to review this as I can't rebuild the achievements currently and they are missing.

9 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Have you tried to run the queue manually? It will certainly throw the error.

I did, I had to unlock the queue in order to re-run it. A bunch of other tasks were getting blocked by the lock.  Once I cleared the lock, they completed but Achievements seems to just terminate.  There's no other achievement tasks/processes queued up in the core_queue table other than the raffles one at the time.  Not sure if deleting that messes up the rest of them or what, but it never finalizes and updates the rank/achievement displays.

5 hours ago, Clover13 said:

I did, I had to unlock the queue in order to re-run it. A bunch of other tasks were getting blocked by the lock.  Once I cleared the lock, they completed but Achievements seems to just terminate.  There's no other achievement tasks/processes queued up in the core_queue table other than the raffles one at the time.  Not sure if deleting that messes up the rest of them or what, but it never finalizes and updates the rank/achievement displays.

Sent you the php to replace in your install. Reply the PM please.

On 3/30/2023 at 7:55 AM, ekforum said:

Thanks. Looks to be not modified. 

This print is from the IPS Default theme. Your default theme is another and it was still wrong BUT it is a child theme... as I'm not a designer, I'm not sure how that is supposed to work. Anyway, making the proper change, everything is ok now.

Edited by Adriano Faria
19 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Hi @Adriano Faria, looks like Raffles needs the relevant update to get past the 4.7.9 upgrade. Many thanks in advance 🙂

Could contain: Page, Text

Just installed the marketplace version and I see no problem with it:

- No message or app locked in Applications:

2C79wCD.jpg

- No error pointed by the PHP8 Compatibility Scanner:

o57Ogjn.jpg

- No error in front end.

pCGyVsw.jpg

Where did you usee that message?

20 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Hi @Adriano Faria, looks like Raffles needs the relevant update to get past the 4.7.9 upgrade. Many thanks in advance 🙂

Could contain: Page, Text

Pretty sure that is not a message that stops you from upgrading (it does say "After the upgrade process is complete...") nor is it a message indicating the app needs to be updated by the developer.

It's a message that you need to update your installed application, as there is a later version available. If you don't currently have 1.7.0 installed then there's your answer.

32 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

It's a message that you need to update your installed application, as there is a later version available. If you don't currently have 1.7.0 installed then there's your answer.

Thanks both for the quick replies. I seem to have 1.6.8 and not 1.7.0 although its not telling me there is an update to it. Could contain: Text, Page

Like how the system software is:

Could contain: Logo, Text

The original upgrade message will allow me to update the software but if its any resources are under the 'needs updating' section, the software automatically disables this. I usually check my applications with some of the authors if they ever do go into that section before upgrading, as I don't want it to be disabled.

EDIT - Apologies for the wasted messages @Nathan Explosion @Adriano Faria. I've just asked for an update to check apps and teh 1.7.0 has popped up.

Do we think this is an issue with IPS updates function? I've popped in the AdminCP a few times today and that should auto check everytime I go in rather than me manually clicking it.

Show fuller screenshots 😉

See the below - the important bit that may be relevant to you is the fact that it is "Custom", which means that I manually installed it instead of instaled it via the Marketplace. In that case, the app would need to have a call-home address (usually the developer's website) in it to retrieve the latest version information. It's not required if the source is the Marketplace though, as it retrieved from the MP instead.

Could contain: Text, Page

If your entry shows MarketPlace then click the "Check for updates" button at the top of the applications listing, and you'll likely end up with an available update.

Just now, Nathan Explosion said:

Show fuller screenshots 😉

Learnt my lesson the hard way 😅 although I would say its very rare I have to click that 'Check for Updates' button. It usually checks the updates every time the page refreshes or at least when I log into AdminCP. The Raffles update must've been made available literally in the last hour to everyone otherwise I'd say IPS may just have a small bug with their updates function.

Funnily enough, all mine are Marketplace ones as Iknow with custom ones I may have more potential issues with updates on upgrades! 😄 Its why I usually wait for yours and Adriano's updates via that way rather than installing custom. Especially with regular releases that seems to knock out apps and plugins a little more regularly just because of teh compatibility check. Thanks for your help with this one!