Raffles System

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

You can't edit CSS in IPS 4.7.0 anymore, AFAIK, so you would need to add your changes to the custom.css.

I thought I wasn't going mad then. Do I copy and paste your code below into this place so it overrides whats already there?

Could contain: File, Webpage, Page, Text

.sosRafflesPrizesCell{
    background: #000;
    border-radius: 5px;
    min-height: 68px;
    padding: 10px;
    position: relative;
}
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, ADKGamers said:

Could contain: Text, Page

I'm getting this error when the giveaway winners are posted in the discussion topic:

https://www.adkgamers.com/forums/topic/85-giveawayrandom-games-giveaway/

It happens on both the default Invision Theme and the theme that we use on the site. 

Can't reproduce. Just created a raffle and expired it... seems ok to me:

S8qdTO5.png

Go to your ACP -> Customization -> edit your template -> Raffles -> front -> view and see if the template raffleWinners is edited; the REVERT button will be visible if it is. Click in the button to get the right version.

If it isn't, provide more details by posting the log entry of this error.

23 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Can't reproduce. Just created a raffle and expired it... seems ok to me:

S8qdTO5.png

Go to your ACP -> Customization -> edit your template -> Raffles -> front -> view and see if the template raffleWinners is edited; the REVERT button will be visible if it is. Click in the button to get the right version.

If it isn't, provide more details by posting the log entry of this error.

The REVERT button was not available to click on. I believe this is the error log:

#0 /home/XXXXXXXXX/system/Application/Module.php(154): IPS\_Dispatcher::i()
#1 /home/XXXXXXXXX/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(18229): IPS\Application\_Module::get('core', 'members')
#2 /home/XXXXXXXXX/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->userPhoto(Object(IPS\Member), 'medium')
#3 /home/XXXXXXXXX/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(6787): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('userPhoto', Array)
#4 /home/XXXXXXXXX/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_raffles_front_view->winnerRow(Object(IPS\raffles\Raffle), Object(IPS\Member), Array, 1)
#5 /home/XXXXXXXXX/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(2839): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('winnerRow', Array)
#6 /home/XXXXXXXXX/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_raffles_front_view->raffleWinners(2, Array)
#7 /home/XXXXXXXXX/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(866): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('raffleWinners', Array)
#8 /home/XXXXXXXXX/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_raffles_front_submit->updateTopicWithWinners(2, 'giveaway', Array)
#9 /home/XXXXXXXXX/applications/raffles/tasks/Winners.php(158): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('updateTopicWith...', Array)
#10 /home/XXXXXXXXX/applications/raffles/tasks/Winners.php(96): IPS\raffles\tasks\_Winners->updateTopicWithResult(Object(IPS\raffles\Raffle), Array)
#11 /home/XXXXXXXXX/system/Task/Task.php(274): IPS\raffles\tasks\_Winners->execute()
#12 /home/XXXXXXXXX/system/Task/Task.php(237): IPS\_Task->run()
#13 /home/XXXXXXXXX/applications/core/interface/task/task.php(72): IPS\_Task->runAndLog()
#14 {main}

20 minutes ago, ADKGamers said:

The REVERT button was not available to click on. I believe this is the error log:

#0 /home/XXXXXXXXX/system/Application/Module.php(154): IPS\_Dispatcher::i()
#1 /home/XXXXXXXXX/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(18229): IPS\Application\_Module::get('core', 'members')
#2 /home/XXXXXXXXX/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_global->userPhoto(Object(IPS\Member), 'medium')
#3 /home/XXXXXXXXX/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(6787): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('userPhoto', Array)
#4 /home/XXXXXXXXX/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_raffles_front_view->winnerRow(Object(IPS\raffles\Raffle), Object(IPS\Member), Array, 1)
#5 /home/XXXXXXXXX/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(2839): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('winnerRow', Array)
#6 /home/XXXXXXXXX/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_raffles_front_view->raffleWinners(2, Array)
#7 /home/XXXXXXXXX/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(866): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('raffleWinners', Array)
#8 /home/XXXXXXXXX/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_raffles_front_submit->updateTopicWithWinners(2, 'giveaway', Array)
#9 /home/XXXXXXXXX/applications/raffles/tasks/Winners.php(158): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('updateTopicWith...', Array)
#10 /home/XXXXXXXXX/applications/raffles/tasks/Winners.php(96): IPS\raffles\tasks\_Winners->updateTopicWithResult(Object(IPS\raffles\Raffle), Array)
#11 /home/XXXXXXXXX/system/Task/Task.php(274): IPS\raffles\tasks\_Winners->execute()
#12 /home/XXXXXXXXX/system/Task/Task.php(237): IPS\_Task->run()
#13 /home/XXXXXXXXX/applications/core/interface/task/task.php(72): IPS\_Task->runAndLog()
#14 {main}

Sorry, still no issues here:

You probably have corrupted data or something.

Is this happening in ALL raffles/giveaways, including a new one? If I create one there right now, will happen?

Send your board URL and an unrestricted ACP account. I'll create one and will test.

16 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Sorry, still no issues here:

You probably have corrupted data or something.

Is this happening in ALL raffles/giveaways, including a new one? If I create one there right now, will happen?

Send your board URL and an unrestricted ACP account. I'll create one and will test.

Yeah, I even created a new one yesterday with only 1 prize and it still occurred.  I'll get you that information. 

22 hours ago, ADKGamers said:

Yeah, I even created a new one yesterday with only 1 prize and it still occurred.  I'll get you that information. 

Thank you. I have identified a situation where this can happen. You board is fixed:

k7sG0kV.png

The fix isn't retroactive as post content is text. I have edited the dates in this giveaway and run it again.

Will update the marketplace file.

Tks.

• 2 weeks later...

why don't we add support for Raffle Balance its self? so each customer buys ticket and prize will be raffled on winners but balance USD or LTC or BTC or whatever to the winners? would be brilliant

Edited by Bakako
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, I had a draw running for about 5 days, strangely no one entered it. Only then did someone message me saying that they can not take a ticket.

I have created a new test draw, checked the user permissions and the test account I used should be able to enter, but the same, the button is red saying that they can not participate. 

I have the latest forum software and running PHP 8.x, not sure why it isn't working as user permissions appear to be correct and prize added etc. Is this a known issue, any idea how to fix it so that I can start some prize draws again?

Many thanks!

3 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Click in the red button and a popup will show up with the reason.

Could contain: Page, Text

However, that is incorrect, as I am using a test account in the member group. So should be able to enter.

I also ran a draw for about week, with 0 participants, as they were unable to enter also, despite correct user group.

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Page, Text

9 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Also, check the permission for these groups in the category:

QcIqsQT.png

This message only appears in the user group can't participate due to lack of permission.

Yes, you are absolutely correct, it was that. So complete user error, 🙈 thank you so much for helping!

What does the 'review raffles' column relate to? Is it a review system (same like in the forum store of products) that members can leave reviews of the draw, if enabled? Or or has a different meaning?

6 minutes ago, ekforum said:

What does the 'review raffles' column relate to? Is it a review system (same like in the forum store of products) that members can leave reviews of the draw, if enabled? Or or has a different meaning?

Yes, to enable the Reviews system in the raffle/giveaway:

SaD0GPH.png

Currently, anyone can review but I guess it's a good idea to have the option to allow reviews from those who have participated in the raffle/giveaway.