Dreadnought Theme [ support topic ]

On 9/23/2020 at 3:26 PM, TAMAN said:

Hi,

Please contact IPS 

hello,

I contacted IPS support, and it was the IPS license which expired, so I renew it and managed to upgrade IPS to 4.5 !

We are using multiple copies of the same theme on our forum, but with diffrent colors combinations, this allows us to switch between dark an light theme for example.

you can see hereunder all the copies we've created. The first ones (with pascalou in the name) are old drafts without all the final tweaks (only accessible for admins), the 2 last ones in the list are used by all the users.

774434281_ThemeCP.thumb.png.b3e282eab24cf7638905c0e910d6ff43.png

I linked all my themes to the marketpalce "DreadNought theme" in order to be able to apply the update, and wanted to start the upgrade with the fist one (draft for testing). it was done successfully. So I wanted to do the same with the other ones, but when I get to the marketplace page, I can't update anymore: This resource is already installed and up to date

2045971183_Error-versionused.thumb.PNG.39f3ab82da626947d142e2594093ccc0.PNG

So now I'm stuck with the Default theme in version 2.2.4, and i can't upgrade it anymore because it has been applied on a dreft/test copy!!!

Could you please tell me how can I upgrade the other themes  or at laest the one set as "default"?

If I delete the first draft theme (in 2.2.7 now), will I be able of applying the update the Default theme we are using? or i might be stuck without anyway to apply the update again ? (i'm affraid to try this).

I contacted IPS support first and below is their answer:

Hello, you can only have one item installed and linked to the marketplace I'm afraid, you would have to get with the author of the theme and obtain a download of this theme to install it again.  

Please help me, because my dreadnought license expires on 10/01.

Regards.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Been running this for some time and quite enjoy it (thank you for the work and updates). I ran into a problem though that I'm hoping I could get some help on as I didn't catch on to it early on and now I've got a grumpy community. 🙂

We use (NB40) Secondary Group Icons on the site and people dig the hell out of them. At the moment, only the Admin and Moderator badges are showing up, nothing from any of the other secondary groups (where they do challenges, etc). I'd very much like to be able to bring this back to the community. Can I get some help/ideas here on what to change/update/etc? I'm not a code king, so use small words and pictures if you can. 🙂

Thanks!

On 1/26/2021 at 9:02 PM, Nathan Caroland said:

Can I get some help/ideas here on what to change/update/etc? I'm not a code king, so use small words and pictures if you can. 🙂

Hi, 🙂 

sorry but i dont understand clearly 

Do you mean this plugin  https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/7609-nb40-secondary-group-icons/ 

it doesn't work on Dreadnought theme and you want to update it on your website?

Edited by TAMAN
On 10/2/2020 at 11:17 PM, bosss said:

How (disable)  color pallete in theme settings and remove color switch button from forum page?

Do not need color button switch!

regards

color_switch.png

On 10/20/2020 at 1:52 PM, Mikkel-T said:

I'd like to know this too.

Hello,

You can disable it in Palette tab in Theme settings 

ed267e59089121d1b643983163dde9fd.png

On 9/30/2020 at 10:02 PM, PizzaNapo said:

Could you please tell me how can I upgrade the other themes  or at laest the one set as "default"?

If I delete the first draft theme (in 2.2.7 now), will I be able of applying the update the Default theme we are using? or i might be stuck without anyway to apply the update again ? (i'm affraid to try this).

On 9/30/2020 at 10:02 PM, PizzaNapo said:

Please help me, because my dreadnought license expires on 10/01.

Hello,

You can download the latest installed theme version (in your case the draft one )

cfa60589cf36cc315a2873ba9316dc2e.png

and btw you can also use the dark/light mode setting in palette tab

ced8ef1b926e21955f3c8ccd1c2987f3.png

with that users can use 5 different theme colors just like if you have made 5 copies of the same theme for multiple color selection  🙂 

db31ebe453862daa8264880db73b0f28.png

9 hours ago, Sethhh. said:

I just checked the theme and I saw this. Do you have any idea why?'

123123123.thumb.png.91e45d3108b58c584a2d6e6e1d21fc10.png

Weird! it doesn't happen in localhost but live site 

i will probably need to update the theme for that..

thanks

Edit: @Sethhh. i just uploaded a new version fixing the issue

You should be able to update the theme in marketplace after it gets approved 

Edited by TAMAN
5 hours ago, Olivier Frascone said:

Hi,

in December i forget to renew the template, now i'm not able to renew it and it purposes to buy it again, is it normal ?

Thanks,

Olivier

Hi,

I don't think it's normal 😕I

If you have already bought it then you should be able to pay the renewal term without purchasing it again

But still I can't help you anyhow

You need to contact IPS about this

Edited by TAMAN
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Alex.OS said:

How can I fix it?

Something went wrong. Check the values provided on the marked tabs and try again.

Hi,

you will need to check the settings you are trying to edit they are also market as red 🙂 

On 3/19/2021 at 9:42 PM, TAMAN said:

Hi,

you will need to check the settings you are trying to edit they are also market as red 🙂 

Thanks & sorry, I was a bit retarded :D.

2 things I noticed on the latest version:

1. "Recently Updated" topics are no longer "Bold" when a new reply is unread there.

2. The colors are a bit different from previous versions.

Is there any way to "fix" these?

Thanks a lot again! 🙂

Edited by Alex.OS

1. "Recently Updated" topics are no longer "Bold" when a new reply is unread there.

Hi,

Recently Updated topics

i haven't modified anything in default widgets. they are all supposed to be same as default IPS theme. you might want to check the default IPS theme and see if you have the same issue there 🙂

2. The colors are a bit different from previous versions.

Is there any way to "fix" these?

I also havent changed anything in the colors since few versions back

but in the latest versions you have a palette setting included with 5 different color schemes 

so maybe you were using a diffrrent color scheme and now there is another one activated as default theme color maybe! 🙂 

9 hours ago, TAMAN said:

Hi,

Recently Updated topics

i haven't modified anything in default widgets. they are all supposed to be same as default IPS theme. you might want to check the default IPS theme and see if you have the same issue there 🙂

I also havent changed anything in the colors since few versions back

but in the latest versions you have a palette setting included with 5 different color schemes 

so maybe you were using a diffrrent color scheme and now there is another one activated as default theme color maybe! 🙂 

I see, maybe they changed things on latest IPS version :-?.

I've tried both dark presets and none of them have the same colors as before (for example hidden topics background is white instead of the red, and so on). 🙂

Thanks for your time anyway!

4 hours ago, Alex.OS said:

(for example hidden topics background is white instead of the red, and so on).

You can change the color in the settings. its in the Front-End-Colors tab

a66169648d19a1948f793cf5febd8774.png

i dont even remember when did ips added Moderated Light background color setting

I will have to refresh the color schemes in palette tab for next version 

2 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

You can change the color in the settings. its in the Front-End-Colors tab

a66169648d19a1948f793cf5febd8774.png

i dont even remember when did ips added Moderated Light background color setting

I will have to refresh the color schemes in palette tab for next version 

Thanks for your answer and time!

Looking forward it!

Edited by Alex.OS
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi @TAMAN

I am starting a new community (rather switching to Invision) and would like to use the Dreadnought theme. However, I much prefer the sci-fi planet background (coruscant-like) that you had on the last time I installed it (https://nexus.eotir.com) - is there any way to use that same background with my next purchase of the Dreadnought theme on a new installation? I saw your demo site doesn't have it either.

2 hours ago, Ryan M said:

Hi @TAMAN

I am starting a new community (rather switching to Invision) and would like to use the Dreadnought theme. However, I much prefer the sci-fi planet background (coruscant-like) that you had on the last time I installed it (https://nexus.eotir.com) - is there any way to use that same background with my next purchase of the Dreadnought theme on a new installation? I saw your demo site doesn't have it either.

I think i removed it daring last update but its now readded in the demo site and will probably be re-added in another theme update.

web-vbG5932-min.jpg.thumb.jpg.c050558d62ba6a52afe5c07c101c833c.jpg

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Howdy, will you be upgrading this to work with 4.6?

Hi,

only 2 templates are modified by me and last time i checked on beta 1 there were no template changes. so.... all works fine for this theme. 👍 in case of color mixes please let me know ^^

Edited by TAMAN