Dreadnought Theme [ support topic ]

On 9/2/2020 at 8:33 PM, bosss said:

how get sidebar block in line with forum (board life status with latest scores) and how get less space between sidebarblocks

Hi,

Add in custom.css

#ipsLayout_mainArea,
#ipsLayout_sidebar {
    vertical-align: baseline;
}

this will make the widgets stick in line if you wanted to

as for the other screenshot, i dont know what you want to do with the pointed areas in the screenshot! 😕 

24 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

Hi,

Add in custom.css

#ipsLayout_mainArea,
#ipsLayout_sidebar {
    vertical-align: baseline;
}

this will make the widgets stick in line if you wanted to

as for the other screenshot, i dont know what you want to do with the pointed areas in the screenshot! 😕 

How make pointed area to get less space between sidebar blocks

On 9/1/2020 at 8:40 AM, Ryan M said:

@TAMAN My forum users and I are having trouble when making posts because the formatting icons all look the same, almost like an overlapping icon image is hovering over all of the correct icons. See screenshot below.  This happens in just about all browsers and even mobile versions.2088484491_formattingtoolbar.thumb.png.008d168aba335bc6f47164e904ef8bfd.png

IPS v4.4.10

https://nexus.eotir.com/ 

Hi,

This https://nexus.eotir.com/ seem to be using a very old Dreadnought theme version 😕 

You need to download the last version for ips 4.4.x in marketplace if you still want to use it

7 hours ago, TAMAN said:

Hi,

Yes please reinstall your theme or upgrade the theme through IPS marketplace 🙂 

You also do not need to install two copies of the theme to make light and dark version 

you have palette options which was recently added in IPS 4.5 version of Dreadnought theme.

Do you mean the pages templates for footer,news ticker, and swiper slider?

if so just go to dreadnought theme file in marketplace and scroll to the bottom of the page there is an additional download button for the templates

Hi,

thank you for your feedback.

About downloading the theme : i'm not able to download it for 4.4 version

I only have the possibility to login to marketplace from 4.5 version but i'm not on 4.5 version :s

Edited by Olivier Frascone
10 hours ago, TAMAN said:

You also do not need to install two copies of the theme to make light and dark version 

you have palette options which was recently added in IPS 4.5 version of Dreadnought theme.

I need to load a different custom.css with light and dark to change a lot of elements from light to dark in a quite complex Pages frontpage.

With the new switch (which is indeed a better solution than a theme) I can no longer load a different custom.css for light and dark directly. I've solved this by making a javascript that checks for

$("#ta_colorizer").hasClass("taP_dark")

and

$("#ta_colorizer").hasClass("taP_light")

and disables/enables a css link in the header based on this.

This feels like a bit of hack though, any other way to load a different css based on the palette?

3 hours ago, sbr said:

With the new switch (which is indeed a better solution than a theme) I can no longer load a different custom.css for light and dark directly. I've solved this by making a javascript that checks for

$("#ta_colorizer").hasClass("taP_dark")

and

$("#ta_colorizer").hasClass("taP_light")

and disables/enables a css link in the header based on this.

No this has nothing to do with header or adding a class to header, i also cant provide support for any kind of template modifications.

3 hours ago, sbr said:

I need to load a different custom.css with light and dark to change a lot of elements from light to dark in a quite complex Pages frontpage.

I cant understand what you trying to accomplish.

With the theme palette you can change your site to Dark/Light.... plus 3 more color schemes.

and you can also customize any of the dark/light... colors in the palette 

6 hours ago, Olivier Frascone said:

I only have the possibility to login to marketplace from 4.5 version but i'm not on 4.5 version :s

Not sure whats going on, the new ips marketplace confuses me lol  

I will send you the theme with a message 🙂 

Taman

2 hours ago, TAMAN said:

No this has nothing to do with header or adding a class to header, i also cant provide support for any kind of template modifications.

I don't think you understand, this is my workaround to solve the issue. I just mentioned it as it probably is a necessity for a lot of people.

2 hours ago, TAMAN said:

I cant understand what you trying to accomplish.

When you have two different themes for light and dark you can add a different custom.css to each one of them:

img1.jpg.e4cab1158218e2d4b046fd0480bbe074.jpg

The reason you'd want to do this is because you have elements on your page that is custom made in Pages.

Say you have a dark page that looks like this:

img2.thumb.jpg.ebee08b898b9f9ea1df58c3cd20c970d.jpg

Now without a custom CSS if you switch to Light it might look like this:

img3.thumb.jpg.5b754ebfaf34cba3c561bd50d0921c02.jpg

But since you now run a light theme you also want your custom elements to be light and look something like this (some color differences here, it's just a mockup):

img4.thumb.jpg.b22786b451c65c78d601c2eeda4987bd.jpg

So ideally there should be a way to load a custom CSS with the palette switch, else you can't have any custom elements on your page as they won't switch.

As I said I've done a workaround to this, but it would be more streamlined if this was a part of the theme 🙂

Edited by sbr
22 hours ago, sbr said:

So ideally there should be a way to load a custom CSS with the palette switch, else you can't have any custom elements on your page as they won't switch.

As I said I've done a workaround to this, but it would be more streamlined if this was a part of the theme 🙂

When you switch to dark/light... Etc) some unique css class names are added to Body tab

For example the palette light scheme class is named

. taP_lightMode

So you can use this to manually switch a custom element color to light if you wanted.

Or simply connect your custom page color to a theme color setting so it works with the palette switch  🙂

Edited by TAMAN
On 9/6/2020 at 12:04 PM, TAMAN said:

When you switch to dark/light... Etc) some unique css class names are added to Body tab

For example the palette light scheme class is named

. taP_lightMode

So you can use this to manually switch a custom element color to light if you wanted.

Or simply connect your custom page color to a theme color setting so it works with the palette switch  🙂

I'll try that, thanks! 👍

4 hours ago, sbr said:

I'll try that, thanks! 👍

Great!

If you get stuck just explain what you trying to accomplish, and I will help if it's related to styles and css customization only

Just make sure to post your code or links to check, because I cant do anything looking at Screenshots 🙂

Taman

Edited by TAMAN

And now I can't post either. It's as if the really old theme version got stuck, and I can't manually download the theme file from the marketplace. And I am afraid of deleting the theme as I have a lot of custom pages and the menu that were all built based on this theme. I'm afraid of wrecking the whole forum. They really should have made a manual update file or "reinstall" method for marketplace apps/themes/plugins, etc. If the update doesn't take, and it thinks it does, we are stuck. :/

postreply_error.thumb.png.41b4df21f2299a14cb2fb0751872d273.png

Edited by Ryan M
4 hours ago, Ryan M said:

I upgraded IPS to 4.5.1 and used marketplace feature to install/upgrade new theme. Still having same issue. 

3 hours ago, Ryan M said:

And now I can't post either. It's as if the really old theme version got stuck, and I can't manually download the theme file from the marketplace. And I am afraid of deleting the theme as I have a lot of custom pages and the menu that were all built based on this theme. I'm afraid of wrecking the whole forum. They really should have made a manual update file or "reinstall" method for marketplace apps/themes/plugins, etc. If the update doesn't take, and it thinks it does, we are stuck. 😕

postreply_error.thumb.png.41b4df21f2299a14cb2fb0751872d273.png

I can still see from your new screenshot that this is a very old dreadnought theme maybe from more than 2 years ago. and now even worse that its on IPS 4.5.1!

Please go to ACP > Themes and delete this dreadnought theme, and then install the new dreadnought theme for ips 4.5.x from ips Marketplace  🙂 

If this is the latest theme version from IPS marketplace, then you must have selected old template versions during the Theme Upgrade. this basically means you haven't upgraded anything and you still need to delete this and reinstall this theme as new.

Edited by TAMAN

Howdy,

Purchased and installed last week. Very pleased with it as I figure my way through on what I want to do on it.

One question I have, my headers/sliders - there is a layer over it on the forum that darkens it up. How can I go about changing that? I'd like for them to show up in the color and style that I'm designing, not as if they have a 'night' filter over them if I can help it. 

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Howdy,

Purchased and installed last week. Very pleased with it as I figure my way through on what I want to do on it.

One question I have, my headers/sliders - there is a layer over it on the forum that darkens it up. How can I go about changing that? I'd like for them to show up in the color and style that I'm designing, not as if they have a 'night' filter over them if I can help it. 

Thanks!

Hi,

Sorry i cant figure out what element. Can you please post a screenshot of it?  

Thanks for purchasing! 🙂 

Taman

I've upgraded to 4.5 and am trying the new export/import feature. Theme version 2.2.6.

It just doesn't seem to work for me - in fact whenever I click on any of the palette options in the ACP, after saving I just end up losing every single setting, whether I exported before the click, after the click, or whether I'm attempting to import.

And then weirdest of all, when clicking on the default palette option, I get the setup I created myself.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a tutorial on how to use this? Or is there a bug?

Edit:

Also, like sbr, we've got some custom blocks and the background of the block was hardcoded by the dev in the template. Could you please point to what variable needs to be used to support the dark/light theme colors?

Edited by Nakamura0114

Hi

11 hours ago, Nakamura0114 said:

It just doesn't seem to work for me - in fact whenever I click on any of the palette options in the ACP, after saving I just end up losing every single setting, whether I exported before the click, after the click, or whether I'm attempting to import.

There are no issues with it but i can agree it is confusing to work with it at this time

Clicking any of the palette options will automatically copy a preset of color values to your theme color options 

Which means you will lose the customization's if you dont save the theme

You will need to click Export button and then Save the theme. 

And then weirdest of all, when clicking on the default palette option, I get the setup I created myself.

Sorry for that, the default option was supposed to be deleted 

it does not do anything 

b6bd3fed351d6c2abf576fa54213d8c8.png

Edited by TAMAN

Thanks Taman, perhaps you could add a tooltip or expand on the text in this view?

I have also tried importing by saving my exported settings and then later inserting those again and saving. That part also didn't work.

Lastly, could you also please comment on this? I appreciate the support a lot!

Also, like sbr, we've got some custom blocks and the background of the block was hardcoded by the dev in the template. Could you please point to what variable needs to be used to support the dark/light theme colors?

16 hours ago, Nakamura0114 said:

You will need to use css variables like so

background-color: rgb( var(--theme-widget_bg) );

• 2 weeks later...