Links Directory

What I'm trying to explain is that I will would like to configure several categories and have each category viewable only in a particular forum.

So for instance we have a "data protection" forum. I like to have a "data protection" links category that have that visible only in the relevant forum.

We have a "court procedure" forum and I would like to be able to configure a category which appears only in that forum.

That doesn't seem to be possible

Which PHP version?

I have latest IPS and LD version working right now on my board: https://www.sosinvision.com.br/index.php?/links/

But it is PHP 7.4.

Make sure:

• You're using the latest LD version
    • your last download isn't for the latest version
  • Your template isn't edited, so go to it and see if the REVERT button is active. If it is, click on it.
Edited by Adriano Faria
On 7/31/2021 at 3:53 PM, GoGators said:

I'm getting the following error message:

I can confirm the error using PHP 8!

Here goes a quick fix, as already has a pending version to this app in the marketplace.

Edit the following templates links -> front -> browse -> categoryRow and subcategoryRow and find:

{{if method_exists( $table, 'canModerate' ) AND $table->canModerate()}}

Change to:

{{if $table AND method_exists( $table, 'canModerate' ) AND $table->canModerate()}}

Save.

2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I can confirm the error using PHP 8!

Here goes a quick fix, as already has a pending version to this app in the marketplace.

Edit the following templates links -> front -> browse -> categoryRow and subcategoryRow and find:

{{if method_exists( $table, 'canModerate' ) AND $table->canModerate()}}

Change to:

{{if $table AND method_exists( $table, 'canModerate' ) AND $table->canModerate()}}

Save.

That did not work for me.

Good Morning Adriano..  curious if the new version (when it gets approved and posted) will it have the ability to have a default sort for the links?  I have links in my clubs (which is very cool thank you) and I would like to default to Alphabetical order versus newest link first but it currently doesn't appear possible.  So when someone clicks on links they get a jumbled mess instead of a clean a-z view.

Just curious and if its not coming, hopefully a suggestion for a future version would make my life way easier.

3 minutes ago, DJ ZAh said:

curious if the new version (when it gets approved and posted) will it have the ability to have a default sort for the links?  I have links in my clubs (which is very cool thank you) and I would like to default to Alphabetical order versus newest link first but it currently doesn't appear possible. 

This is a feature since the first version of this app:

TNJVFlM.png

But the sorting isn't available in Clubs. I can add in a future version.

5 minutes ago, DJ ZAh said:

So when someone clicks on links they get a jumbled mess instead of a clean a-z view.

This is personal. Mess to me is to have a new record or new comments in the 10th page instead of the first.; they will become unnoticed if the user doesn't user Activity Streams regularly.

3 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

This is a feature since the first version of this app:

TNJVFlM.png

But the sorting isn't available in Clubs. I can add in a future version.

This is personal. Mess to me is to have a new record or new comments in the 10th page instead of the first.; they will become unnoticed if the user doesn't user Activity Streams regularly.

I appreciate the feedback.  I can see your point but it probably depends on how people use Links.  For the clubs I'm using it more like Bookmarks so they know what they are looking for versus a community where everyone is submitting a bunch of links where you would want to latest at the top.

So I suppose its personal preference for how I'm using Links in the clubs to have it a-z and use Activity for the latest links or even a Custom Block that shows latest links/comments/reviews in the club for those links.  That would be cool.  Then you get the best of both worlds. 🙂

On 8/2/2021 at 12:10 PM, Adriano Faria said:

It did to me. Send a message with ACP access please. I’ll take a look later. 

Okay, I read your message again and realized there were two templates to edit.  I got it working now.  When will you make this fix permanent?

6 minutes ago, GoGators said:

Okay, I read your message again and realized there were two templates to edit.  I got it working now.  When will you make this fix permanent?

As I said:

On 8/2/2021 at 10:28 AM, Adriano Faria said:

IPS has to approve it first as I can’t remove pending version.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

On 12/4/2021 at 9:47 PM, kmk said:

I want to add my club as link directory item, but the URL is too long... It contain Chinese caracters.

Url field is a MEDIUMTEXT. It accepts a Lot of data. If the url of your field is bigger than this, then you won’t be able to use it.

On 12/4/2021 at 9:47 PM, kmk said:

We already have visit website button, could you let us remove the URL address below of the image and name? 

The button does not contain the URL and people are used to the URL where it is since the first version for IPS4.

Edit the view template and remove it in your install. You’re free to do whatever you want in your install, including change the Url field from mediumtext to text, it’s just not supported. You’re on your own.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

thank you very much for this great application 👍

I am contacting you because I have a problem with the mobile version the information and the text goes below the image:

4077D1E9-B900-4F2F-9850-07C90A1D18F9.thumb.jpeg.90d158a56aa5b896bf7e04e1f2c52a39.jpeg

and I would like to know how to see the stars of the votes directly on the listing without having to click on it to see it.

Thank you very much

2 hours ago, CiberBob said:

Hi,

thank you very much for this great application 👍

I am contacting you because I have a problem with the mobile version the information and the text goes below the image:

4077D1E9-B900-4F2F-9850-07C90A1D18F9.thumb.jpeg.90d158a56aa5b896bf7e04e1f2c52a39.jpeg

and I would like to know how to see the stars of the votes directly on the listing without having to click on it to see it.

Thank you very much

There is no problem. That is how it was designed. 

As it is a cosmetic thing and it isn’t crashing your board, I will take a look at this when I have to upgrade the app again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2022 at 1:13 PM, Adriano Faria said:

According to their documentation, missing the secret key. I really don’t remember (need to install this and check), is there a setting to add the secret key? I know there’s one that doesn’t require; not sure this is the one. If it is, it seems they changed it.

There is no setting to use the Screenshotmachine's secret key.