Links Directory

28 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

If you uninstall then you will lose your data. You upgraded your board and probably didn’t match resources with marketplace. That’s a IOS Marketplace thing, not related to this resource specifically.

You should have submitted a ticket to IPS or asked here on this topic. After what’s done, there’s nothing else to do, unless restore backup, which you seem to have done.

Ok thanks for the clarification.

@Adriano Faria Hello there. Would this work for as an 'offline directory' do you think? I run an automotive website and would like to have a directory of the local car dealers, local car repair shops, etc.

The demo link from the first page of this thread isn't working anymore, would you happen to have an example of this mod on a website so i can take a look?

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

What’s the problem?

Forum? It’s the category. Post? It’s the link description. 

I want to post a link via API, and I can't find the right place for this case... 😞

Where is the link value? it missing for the idea, I want to post a link inside a links category...

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

I honestly never used the API to post data, only to get data... but this is like any other app out there. You better ask how to use the Rest API in a support forum here on IPS.

I'm using the posting topic via rest API so I'm good but I need a parameter for posting the actual link, I think that something is missing.

I would suggest to review the API files, Some of the links in the php doc headers are wrong!

I would also suggest to fix all the hints to the forums & topics which happened by c&p the code, which are confusing clients (e.g. the forum reference mentioned above) While looking at the ticket, Ive also noticed some references to topics which should probably be links.

1 hour ago, Daniel F said:

I would suggest to review the API files, Some of the links in the php doc headers are wrong!

I would also suggest to fix all the hints to the forums & topics which happened by c&p the code, which are confusing clients (e.g. the forum reference mentioned above) While looking at the ticket, Ive also noticed some references to topics which should probably be links.

Sure, doing this. I also suggest to fix in Downloads comments:

/**
     * GET /downloads/comments
     * Get list of comments
     * @note        For requests using an OAuth Access Token for a particular member, only comments the authorized user can view will be included
     * @apiparam    string    categories        Comma-delimited list of category IDs
     * @apiparam    string    authors            Comma-delimited list of member IDs - if provided, only topics started by those members are returned
     * @apiparam    int        locked            If 1, only comments from events which are locked are returned, if 0 only unlocked
     * @apiparam    int        hidden            If 1, only comments which are hidden are returned, if 0 only not hidden
     * @apiparam    int        featured        If 1, only comments from  events which are featured are returned, if 0 only not featured
     * @apiparam    string    sortBy            What to sort by. Can be 'date', 'title' or leave unspecified for ID
     * @apiparam    string    sortDir            Sort direction. Can be 'asc' or 'desc' - defaults to 'asc'
     * @apiparam    int        page            Page number
     * @apiparam    int        perPage            Number of results per page - defaults to 25
     * @return        \IPS\Api\PaginatedResponse<IPS\downloads\File\Comment>
     */

I didn't look the others.

On 12/29/2020 at 11:01 AM, Adriano Faria said:

What's New in Version 5.5.3:

• Fix Rest API endpoints
  • Fix copy settings from categories
  • Fix sharing buttons on link view
  • Fix image dimensions checking for manual uploads
  • Rework in some templates
  • Drop columns from core tables and use own table in compliance with new marketplace rules

Thanks, updated the application without issues.. 

On 9/25/2020 at 6:21 PM, Adam Moore said:

I see the AccuWeather error now.

The Invision forum link I was trying to add isn't viewable by guests (https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/454968-search-within-category/?tab=comments#comment-2806174), most of the links I was trying to sort are this way. This database of links is just for myself, so I'm not worried about the links being viewable to guests. Is there some way I can add these links?

On 9/25/2020 at 6:46 PM, Adriano Faria said:

No.

I can add a setting in next version to disable it per category.

Well i had the same issue.

Here is how you can archieve this:

Disable check links: #
######################

Open "applications/links/sources/link/link.php" and replace:
(appears 2 times, change both)
------------------------------------------------------------

throw new \InvalidArgumentException( 'link_bad_url_url' );

with:
-----

//throw new \InvalidArgumentException( 'link_bad_url_url' );

replace:
(appears 2 times, change both)
------------------------------

$msg = \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->language()->addToStack( 'link_bad_url', FALSE, array( 'sprintf' => array( $response->httpResponseCode ) ) );
throw new \InvalidArgumentException( $msg );

with:
-----

//$msg = \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->language()->addToStack( 'link_bad_url', FALSE, array( 'sprintf' => array( $response->httpResponseCode ) ) );
//throw new \InvalidArgumentException( $msg );

Edited by Michael_
1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

The image is "picked" automatically when you browse the app. You don't need to upload one, unless you are using the UPLOAD in the image type. Are you?

I want to use the "Manual image upload" option to load other than screenshots if exist...

Im getting an error when trying to edit guest usergroup settings.
Other usergroups work fine.
Part of the error message:

Column 'links_g_contentcount' cannot be null

Probably just something minor. But i hope you can tell me how to fix it so i do not have to look deeper into this myself. 🙂