Links Directory

2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Take a look in System Logs to see if there's something logged.

Nothing in the Error Logs. I have also set the "Edit time restriction" to unlimited, but that does not help either.

You can click on "Edit", do your changes, but as soon as you want to save you run into the error I have posted earlier.

Edited by _Vault_
5 minutes ago, _Vault_ said:

Nothing in the Error Logs. I have also set the "Edit time restriction" to unlimited, but that does not help either.

You can click on "Edit", do your changes, but as soon as you want to save you run into the error I have posted earlier.

Do you have FTP access? If so, I’ll send instructions via message to edit a file then we’ll know the exact reason, as this is a core message. Then you revert the changes after get the error message. 

i’ll send a PM later when I reach my PC.

On 10/24/2020 at 12:14 AM, _Vault_ said:

Thanks.

Another issue.

Members can't edit their own links:

image.thumb.png.4fd02ad5c6b12a713ea4983ab0d2ade7.png

With the help of @Adriano Faria I was able to fix the issue by setting the correct permissions in:

ACP -> Members -> Groups -> edit a group -> Content tab -> Editing -> Can edit own content?

I had customized the settings there and turned one App off. By default members can edit "All" content. However it seems that when you have customized this before installing the Links app, the Link App also defaults to "off"

Thanks again

13 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Hey @Adriano Faria
Thanks for this. But I'm afraid it did not work.

Please note that we currently have Invision Community 4.4.10 and Links Directory 5.4.10 as we have yet updated to the latest because we are still waiting for another app that is vital to our community for its latest update so we can move on to Invision 4.5.x

Rally
(of Nigel's team)

Edited by Nigel Moore
39 minutes ago, Nigel Moore said:

Hey @Adriano Faria
Thanks for this. But I'm afraid it did not work.

Please note that we currently have Invision Community 4.4.10 and Links Directory 5.4.10 as we have yet updated to the latest because we are still waiting for another app that is vital to our community for its latest update so we can move on to Invision 4.5.x

Rally
(of Nigel's team)

Hey @Adriano Faria
After studying the plugin you sent and the area that shows the Comments/Reviews, I updated the  hook to call the commentReviewTabs() instead of linksTabs(). Work nows. Thank you very much!

On 11/3/2020 at 7:57 PM, Nigel Moore said:

Hey @Adriano Faria
After studying the plugin you sent and the area that shows the Comments/Reviews, I updated the  hook to call the commentReviewTabs() instead of linksTabs(). Work nows. Thank you very much!

I tried installing the file, and I changed the 2 locations on the file, as @Nigel Moore stated in his comment from "linksTabs" to "commentReviewTabs", but it did not seem to change. Is there an update for this?

@Adriano Faria

16 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

No, this is customization and I don’t help with it as stated on this file terms. I tried to help but I’ll stop because this is becoming a “support” thing... and it isn’t.

I’ve removed the attachment. 

No worries sir. I actually had changed my mind about switching the tabs.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

No, not a feature. That’s what you can do with Members Shop:

• Integrate with Members Shop
    • Earn points when submitting a link
    • Earn points when getting a link pinned
    • Earn points when getting a link featured
    • Earn points when a link has at least a specific number of hits

I was pretty much asking if the ability to be able to pay for a link to be featured or pinned with Member Shop points could be added in a future update, I'm assuming the answer is no. Thanks anyway.

On 12/3/2020 at 5:38 PM, Adriano Faria said:

There’s a setting “Show link to” if I’m not mistaken. 

Is it possible to change the link from the "Actual" url to the "Posted link" url?

If user posting google.com url, show as:

<a href="https://www.blablabla.com/boards/links/link/google-com/">Google.com</a>

Instead of:

<a href="https://www.google.com/">Google.com</a>

Edited by IceCore
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey @Adriano Faria
We recently upgraded from Invision Community 4.4.10 to 4.5.4 and also upgraded the Links Directory to version 5.5.2 
However, when we tried to upgrade, a message showed that we need to removed the old version so we can install the latest one. When we did that and installed the new Links Directory from the Marketplace, all our previous created Links Categories and Links Directories were gone. We had to rebuild the directories and the links from our backup and set the permissions. Also the settings has reverted to its default.

We would like to clarify what is the best process to follow when doing the upgrade as we might encounter the same problem when we upgrade again when there is a new release of the app.

Thanks.

Rally of Nigel's Team

Edited by Nigel Moore

If you uninstall then you will lose your data. You upgraded your board and probably didn’t match resources with marketplace. That’s a IOS Marketplace thing, not related to this resource specifically.

You should have submitted a ticket to IPS or asked here on this topic. After what’s done, there’s nothing else to do, unless restore backup, which you seem to have done.