Links Directory

1 hour ago, Bliss99 said:

It's working! Thank you very much for helping to fix that so quickly! Really appreciate it.

I have a separate question - We have an extra field called "ownership" that everyone has to fill out while they are setting up a link. We would love a way to display "ownership" as a block on the side so folks can filter based on ownership. Do you have any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

It would also be great to filter links by location - do you have any suggestions on how to accomplish that?

1 hour ago, Bliss99 said:

It would also be great to filter links by location - do you have any suggestions on how to accomplish that?

Not possible due to the address data. It is stored in a json array.

3 hours ago, Bliss99 said:

Do you have any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

You will have to call the links_field_X in your block, where X is the field ID.

Edited by Adriano Faria
On 6/5/2020 at 12:58 PM, Adriano Faria said:

No I didn’t say I would add this. I said I will see when I start to work on a new version. I won’t release a new version before IPS 4.5 and most likely won’t add this. Don’t count on it.

This app isn’t ajaxed; you have to enter all the data, except image. 

You don't need ajax to fetch the meta tags with all the informations so you don't have to enter everything manually
It's the simply the same messengers are using to add a quick preview when you share a link.

On 6/8/2020 at 2:16 PM, Bliss99 said:

On 6/8/2020 at 3:21 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Not possible due to the address data. It is stored in a json array.

You will have to call the links_field_X in your block, where X is the field ID.

@HeadStand can you help us figure this out?

10 minutes ago, Bliss99 said:

can you help us figure this out?

I won’t add this, mate. I know what is required, like break the address field in country, city, bla bla bla, but I don’t make workarounds. That won’t be added to this app.

You can probably hire other dev to make as a plugin to you.

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

I won’t add this, mate. I know what is required, like break the address field in country, city, bla bla bla, but I don’t make workarounds. That won’t be added to this app.

You can probably hire other dev to make as a plugin to you.

Yes, I was talking to @HeadStand for assistance, I tagged her in that comment.

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, mardiv said:

Miniature is not working, only grabbing screenshot. Screenshotmachine is working,

Well, I’ll retest it (again).

This is at least 5 times in this same topic in other pages. It’s a FREE service. Use the option to rebuild the thumbnail in the link actions menu. It may be offline now for a thousand reasons that I have nothing to do and if it doesn’t work, then simply choose another provider.

I’m not responsible for 3rd-party service as stated in the Terms to purchase this file. 

Edited by Adriano Faria

Asking again, how about using Google for thumbnails instead? It's much faster and better than the services that are implemented at the moment.

public function getThumbnail()
    {
        try
        {
            $ch = curl_init('https://www.googleapis.com/pagespeedonline/v5/runPagespeed?rule=null&strategy=desktop&url=' . $this->link->url);

• 3 weeks later...

[UPDATE: Found this option as 'Manual Thumbnail Upload' in the Edit Link 🙊]

I would find useful if links could have thumbnails auto generated as well as optionally manually uploadable.

From time to time I am not happy with the auto generated thumbnails and I don't seem to have any way how to upload my own image (without changing the settings in ACP each time). Have I missed anything?

image.png.53e3722136ca6f05b4f694d335fdcfe0.png

Edited by svit
59 minutes ago, svit said:

I would find useful if links could have thumbnails auto generated as well as optionally manually uploadable.

That’s how it is. If you use any API different than UPLOAD, then you’ll have an option in the Link Actions menu in link view to upload manually the image. 

You don’t need to change the API. 👍

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Chris59 said:

My board 4.5.1
Links directory 5.5.0

Wanted to update to Links directory 5.5.1 but i can't *This resource is already installed and up to date*

already.png.7ec98947cbd418035f19257b0a347f46.png

This kind of thing is handled by IPS. There’s nothing we can do. Submit a ticket.

EDIT: before that, make sure you click a few times to check if there are new versions.

Edited by Adriano Faria