Links Directory

1 minute ago, ZakRhyno said:

I can confirm this as well it not showing up. I open up a ticket before finding this post and they stated it was only for 4.6 but base on the information above if the owner can't see the addon because it mislisted for early versions I can see what IPB was trying to do but in this case they may need to be a fix to this issue so other problem with other applications and user don't have a similar problems. I did reply to the support ticket I have with this post, waiting for a reply.

That's how marketplace is now. If I set a file as 4.6 only, as this is now, you can't download prior versions (4.5, etc.). FWIW, the newest version is 4.6 only because it has a 4.6 feature that will produce an error in 4.5.

But if you want a 4.5 version, I will have to send you via message... not sure it will make any difference too because your install is marked as MARKETPLACE and not custom, so you won't be able to update.

1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

That's how marketplace is now. If I set a file as 4.6 only, as this is now, you can't download prior versions (4.5, etc.). FWIW, the newest version is 4.6 only because it has a 4.6 feature that will produce an error in 4.5.

But if you want a 4.5 version, I will have to send you via message... not sure it will make any difference too because your install is marked as MARKETPLACE and not custom, so you won't be able to update.

The system should allow user to install older version compatible to their versions. As 4.6 is still coming out with tons of bugs I like to wait before upgrade my main system to it. But, there should still be an option to install it via the Marketplace that IPB is making us use. Still there is room to fix this issue with Marketplace if there is a version that is working for it should allow you to see it as it should compare what you have running and see what version you have listed for the Marketpleace that you made for 4.6, 4.5 and 4.6 etc. 

17 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

@Jordan Invision It might be nice to alert the entire customer base of these changes instead of putting the marketplace developers in a tough spot having to explain your business decision and deal with the customer angst that's bound to happen in the days ahead.

3 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Yes, it should.

From what I was told so far there is really no solution to allow the system to add older versions from within the software. I think it would be more of the software not allow this to happen the way it was made. They did say they will be talking to the Marketplace authors about this issue no fix for it yet. As customers paying for a service but yet can't get it via there system are we out of luck? Do we have to wait for months for a fix? I do have concerns and hope they can apply some patch to the software to address these issues and and allow user to download their products.

Edited by ZakRhyno
7 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Yes. New version is IPS 4.6 only, as stated:

Perfect, thank you for the prompt reply!

Will wait for some other applications to be updated to be compatible with 4.6 before making the upgrade. Appreciate all the hard work!

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/18/2021 at 8:00 PM, GoGators said:

Hello @Adriano Faria Everything installed nicely on the latest version IPB and Links, however it is not grabbing the image from the site via Miniature.io, so I selected "Rebuild Thumbnails" in the Tools menu and got the following error message.    

2021-06-18_19-58-54.thumb.jpg.b968b11d7db36d1af2b441618ac42c4e.jpg

I have the same results if it helps and I tried Screenshotmachine

links_rebuild_thumbs.thumb.png.562faca60c572bd7ffae58d9b998d68d.png

2 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

New version to fix the tool submitted to marketplace.

Did someone say it takes two weeks for us consumers to see the updates you submitted to marketplace?

Also..  I'm confused "Regarding the provider, choose another."  Are you referencing to use the minature.io vs screenshotmachine?  I only tried something different since minature.io wasn't pulling images.  trying to do my own troubleshooting and obviously failing at it.  I'll keep trying

Just now, DJ ZAh said:

Did someone say it takes two weeks for us consumers to see the updates you submitted to marketplace?

This is up to the marketplace moderators. It can take a day, two, a week, etc.

1 minute ago, DJ ZAh said:

Are you referencing to use the minature.io vs screenshotmachine?  I only tried something different since minature.io wasn't pulling images.  trying to do my own troubleshooting and obviously failing at it.  I'll keep trying

There's a setting to choose image providers. There are 4 or 5, if I recall. Most of them, paid. Of course you will have a better service if you pay for it. Free works but sometimes it's offline or has another temporary issue and may stay a couple of days offline, as I noticed sometimes.

Thanks for the info..  I only see three choices as shown below but can try a pay plan on the two bottom ones that appear to offer a pay plan and you enter your api info.  Miniature.io offers a pay plan but in the settings, you don't have a way to link your paid account to your local instance.

links_imageSettings.thumb.png.670432a7a9fe811d8896f6a5195ed843.png

Hi, I'm exploring the links directory application.

It looks extremely interesting.

I have some questions please:

• How can I configure the links directory so that it appears simply in it's own sub-forum?
  • How can I configure the links directories so there is only accessible to certain groups? I could see that it is possible to configure categories in this way, but I don't see how to configure the entire links directory.
  • Do you have to upload the thumbnail? Or is able simply to automatically retrieve a thumbnail image from the URL target?
  • Also it seems that the thumbnail is not directly clickable. You have to click a link to the side of the thumbnail. Is this correct?

I understand that you can configure it so that it checks each link once a week to make sure that the link is still working – is that correct?
If so then that is a very awesome feature.

I expect that I'll have some other questions when I have understood a little more. Thanks for helping me and for the support

Edited by BankFodder
1 hour ago, BankFodder said:

How can I configure the links directory so that it appears simply in a particular sub- forum?

I’m not sure what you mean. If you’re talking about permissions, it is like any other app out there; you can set which user groups will view the app tab (on Applications page). You can set which groups can use (per group). You can set which groups can view and submit links (per category). If you’re talking about layout, it is as it is. You’re free to change it in whatever way you want but changes aren’t supported so you’re alone if you want to customize it.

2 hours ago, BankFodder said:

How can I configure the links directories so there is only accessible to certain groups? I could see that it is possible to configure categories in this way, but I don't see how to configure the entire links directory

Like any other app, click in this app row in Applications page and then in the padlock that will show up in the front-end module. 

• Do you have to upload the thumbnail? Or is able simply to automatically retrieve a thumbnail image from the URL target?

By default it grabs automatically from a provider. The default one is free so from time to time it doesn’t work so there’s a REFRESH THUMBNAIL option in the Link Actions menu that will try to grab it after the record is created. You can also upload manually the thumbnail using an option in the same menu. 

You can also choose to not use any image provider and upload the thumbnails directly. You can change it in settings. 

• Also it seems that the thumbnail is not directly clickable. You have to click a link to the side of the thumbnail. Is this correct?

If you mean in link view, the thumbnail is an image and as such it will show it in full size on a lightbox when clicked. People won’t be see much details on a squared thumbnail. 

I understand that you can configure it so that it checks each link once a week to make sure that the link is still working – is that correct?
If so then that is a very awesome feature.

Yes. There’s a link checker and it will automatically hide or delete (depending on your choice) the records with HTTP status different than 200.

Thanks.

I think the only thing I don't really understand is for those groups which are configured to view the links directory, where does it appear?

We have a set of sub- forums in our "library". I would want the links directory to appear in those sub- forums and I suppose appear as a separate sub- forum.

I don't want it to appear on the main/home page.

So I would want to be able to place it amongst these sub- forums below

image.thumb.png.6802cded7bb280499085591b3ff8a6b1.png

So that it would appear as another subforum in the list:

image.thumb.png.b1f270691ac032483f1c48bfaff953f2.png

Is that possible?

I think the only thing I don't really understand is for those groups which are configured to view the links directory, where does it appear?

Admin CP -> Applications page -> click in the Links Directory row -> and then in the padlock that will show up in the front-end module. See Module Permission here: https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/security-and-rules/member-permissions-r305/

We have a set of sub- forums in our "library". I would want the links directory to appear in those sub- forums and I suppose appear as a separate sub- forum.

I don't want it to appear on the main/home page.

So I would want to be able to place it amongst these sub- forums below

I have no idea what you mean with this. This app doesn’t require Forums app at all so not sure why you use sub-forums in your question.