Community

About This File

Links Directory is an application that provides your community with a member driven web directory. Allow members to submit websites for approval in categories you define. Users can comment and rate on other member’s submissions. You can also mark websites as official affiliates, fostering traffic between friends.

Features

• Submit links to websites along with a title, description, and an image generated from extensible APIs: Sneak.pw, WebThumbnail, Thumbshots (requires an API Key) and Upload field. You can also save the image locally, which will reduce the API call. Image is updated when you update the link. Admin can choose if new links are moderated, per category.
  • Submit comments to links. Admin can choose if new comments are moderated, per category.
  • Rate links using the star rating system used throughout the IPS4. Per category setting.
  • Integrates to Share Links to share or email inks.
  • Ability for users to report potentially offensive content or broken links using the built-in Report Center
  • Search integration: search links along with the rest of your community’s content
  • Supports item marking, allowing your users to see what links have been added or commented on
  • Integrates into Activity Streams.
  • Supports the built-in tagging system including prefixes.
  • Support for notifications such as new links and comments on user links.
  • Ability to follow/like categories and individual links.
  • Unlimited categories of links, plus unlimited depth of parent-child relationships
  • Category Icons
  • Drag & drop reordering of categories in the ACP.
  • Per-category permissions to show category, view links, submit links, add comments, and avoid approval queues
  • Provide “link back” code so other websites can link back to yours.
  • Mark links as official affiliates and display them in a different section on the Links Directory index
  • Integrates into IPS4 Moderating system, which all commons permissions, such as pin, unpin, delete, feature, move, etc.
  • Per-category Permissions allowing you to specify which permission sets are allowed to view category, view links, add links, edit links, comment, rate, and avoid moderation at a granular level.
  • Robust Admin Restrictions.
  • Integration with the Advertisements system
  • Integration with Sitemap system to include links in your sitemap
  • Ability to create RSS feeds of all links
  • Integration with ACP Live Seach (Links categories)
  • Support Extra Fields so you can define different fields per category
  • Friendly URLs for links and categories
  • Ability to configure the Links Index page to display the blocks you want
  • And much, much more!

Notes

• Each purchase entitles you to use of Links on one Community installation.
  • Upgrade tested only from versions 4.1.1 and 4.1.0. So if you're using an older version, update to 4.1.X first.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

About This File Links Directory is an application that provides your community with a member driven web directory. Allow members to submit websites for approval in categories you define. Use

I've removed two posts from this topic as there's no need to allow a support topic to descend to what is not far off insulting. Lets try to keep it civil. Thank you.

What's New in Version 5.4.5: New Features: From now on you can convert a review to a comment. A new moderator permission will control who can use the feature. From now on the link U

Next version will have an option to manually upload the thumbnail, if you're using any API: Commerce integration too. ETA: A month or so.

OK. Will do it. 

Yes: Actually, I've made a clean in a lot of things that I thought was not necessary. But this and a few other things I decided to keep but all of them are perfectly removeable by settings.

I will release 5.0.2 probably during the weekend but yet without Commerce integration... still untested as it should. New features: Type of Content field: Admin will be able to choose betw

What's New in Version 5.4.7: New Features: New setting to control the minimum image dimensios when uploading link thumbnail New setting to control the file size when uploading link

If you edit a file, yes. I'm not very interested in do this change. Download applications\links\sources\Link\Link.php and change the canCreate method to: public static function canCreate( \IPS\Me

Thanks @Adriano Faria!  You're the best.  🙂

Thanks Adriano.  I have a request.  Is there a chance you can rename the app and drop the word "directory"?  Right now it shows up in my menu as "Links Directory" and I'd like to see it shortened to s

Not a bug. You simply can’t search in extra fields on IPS4.  You can search only in TITLE and in the CONTENT. The extra fields model adds this search field but it is totally useless as you can’t searc

@Carsen Klock Go to ACP -> Members -> Groups -> Guests -> Links Directory. Enable the permission to access the app.

I just started to review all these API and will probably replace them or fix the ones who can be fixed. The problem here is that the vast majority is paid or the free package is very limited. Exa

@AlexWebsites, will send you a PM now with a new version so you can test. What was done: - Regarding APIs: Switched from Webthumbnail.org to Miniature.io dropped Sneak.pw (it seems

Just like I did on Classifieds, it is now available on LD for IPS 4.3: More features and to make suggestions for the IPS 4.3, go to http://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/forum/17-sug

In the app settings -> Link View you can enable and reorder blocks at your wish.  EDIT: Index view, sorry.  

I set 10 as max as you can see. I’ll increase in next version. 

What's New in Version 5.4.6: New Feature: New setting to allow users to add duplicate Link URL Fix: Share image on social media Set the default MySQL Storage Engine in

That's because you've tried before and the upgrade routine can't delete files. This file was removed from the package. Access via FTP and delete the file applications/links/setup/upg_500032\Upgrade.ph

Impressive knowledge of your product and Invision! It worked. Thanks!

It is happening with all apps. We are discussing this with IPS. It's a change they made in 4.1.13. We say it's a bug. They don't. We are waiting for an official reply. There's nothing to worry ab

Hello @Adriano Faria, how about adding Google as Thumbnail API? It's fast AND free. The Link Directory from xenMade uses it. It also has the option if no thumbnail is uploaded, Google is used aut

What's New in Version 5.3.0: Compatiable with IPS 4.4 only!

What's New in Version 5.4.0: Compatible with IPS 4.4 ONLY! New features: Packages*: added package system por paid submissions ( Commerce required ) Create packages free or pa

What's New in Version 5.4.1: New feature: add setting to hide link submitter across the Links Directory app. Authorship will keep showing up in core areas, like search results, activity streams

https://screenshotmachine.com/apiguide.php unsupported Free account owners are not allowed to call our API using HTTPS protocol. You should make request to  http://ap

The app captures the screenshot of the page. Logo is a image that you can upload manually.

Next version. It will be availabe next week. I'm finishing the Commerce integration (you will be able to charge for link submission to monetize your site).

I like to leave things as an option to the admin. So I added a new setting per category:   If enabled, the address field will be available to the user when submitting/editing the link:

I have not changed there all basic parts as i have it also done at other FURLs before - just a little bit shorten and put some prefix there as it work normally Because of that it was not my first

Just asked them as I have doubts on this: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/449833-sitemap-generator/ EDIT: Reply: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/449833-sitemap-generato

Categories isn't a widget; it's a contextual sidebar so it's position is hard-coded and will always appear above widgets and nothing above it. Advertisement: Examples: - Downloads

Well I have reported it already that address cannot be displayed correctly. It is not shown under the map and the pin for the location is set at center of the town, the street is ignored https://invis

Ok. Got the key from @PrettyPixels. I'll take a look.

Screenshotmachine fixed. Trying to add another feature. I'll update it today later or tomorrow.

I must have missed that thumbshots is shutting down http://www.thumbshots.com/Support/Articles/tabid/93/EntryID/47/Default.aspx

What's New: Version 5.2.5.1: Removes Thumbshots from the app: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/430442-links-directory/?do=findComment&comment=2767412 Note: if you use T

Thanks so much for the fix/update! 🙂

For anyone who wants to see a Demo... The Links Directory with over 450 links... https://www.mymilitia.com/links/ The Links Directory set as default app on IPS .... https://www.forumregister

The only way possible on IPS4: You choose a country and start typing the address: Those options will appear when you click in the LOCATION field.

Same here

I’ll take a look when 4.4 is out. Tks. 

A map would be great, using the Google maps API?

Seems to be a server issue according to ips so don't worry about this one, thanks

What's New in Version 5.3.1: Fix blank page when editing a link Compatiable with IPS 4.4 only!

Ty for the fix!

Thanks for the update to 4.4

Looks great.  Going to buy it shortly and replace my Pages directory. Just a couple of questions wrt to the Commerce integration. In the images I see a What's new Block and  Random Links blo

Yes. I have a version that will work with packages, so you can set in the packages the settings for the submissions: pin and/or feature. It's under tests. I have only one user using it and I di

Great.  I bought one for now, I don't need the commerce stuff on this site, and no rush on the one that does.  Looking forward to it. JM

Sure. Tab Submissions when create/edit a category. 

Go to category and set a price for the submission. After you will see the notice when submitting a link and the invoice will be created after submission.  Packages ia ready and in tests. It sho

Sure. It’s pretty flexible. 👍 I’ll post screenshots later. 

Ok, from now on, as requested, use the Tracker: http://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/tracker/linksdirectory/ If you don't have an account, create it and I'll change your group. Than

@Sonya*, I just approved and changed your account to the proper group. Please, submit ONE report per issue. Thank you.

Thank you. @Martin1980 asked for a map. What you mean by filter? Where?

Awesome upgrade!

Screenshotmachine did not work at all for me.... i switched to urlbox.io and everything works fine. So: Screenshotmachine: Not working for me urlbox.io: Works fine If i could help testin

Thank you 🙂

Sure. Sent you a PM with credentials. You are admin/mod, so you can see the Admin CP too.

Ok, I’ll add a setting. Currently you can edit a file to allow this. Let me know if you want me to show you how to do it. 

I’ll take a look. 

That worked!  Thank you very much! David

Pin and feature are a IPS4 feature and appears in all apps (Forums, Gallery, Blog, Records from Pages, etc.). Pin will make the record appears first in the category listing. It’s the same of pinn

Will be addressed on 5.0.1.

Sorry, it works!  I have expected to see the block at the right side where categories are. However this one is shown above the WHAT'S NEW block. It took a while to see where the block is. It's very ho

The address itself don’t; the text of what you selected yes. This is fixed and I’ll release a new version yet this week.

There’s no space there to add custom fields but if you want to edit your template, use $link->customFields() or something like that. Take a look in the view template. 

Because $cfields comes from the php. In indexBlock don’t. My bad   Have you tried?  -------------------- @Bluto, try: {{$fields = $link->customFields();}}  

Works perfect.  Thanks @Adriano Faria  For anyone else looking to use link directory extra fields in other places / templates (inside the links app). {{$fields = $link->customFields();}} {

You better use same size for all icons. You can see the last one is smaller.  But I’ll take a look in next version. 

It’s a language bit. Change it in ACP -> Customization -> Languages.

In a future release, would it be possible to have an option to turn off the duplicate link protection? I'm working on a project which duplicate links isn't an issue.  I couldn't find any settings

OK. I’ll post here within an hour (when I reach my PC).

You have to edit a file in order to allow same URL: It's in my TODO list a setting to this. A new version must be out until the weekend.

Open applications\links\sources\Link\Link.php and find: $return['url'] = new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Url( 'link_url', ( $item ) ? $item->url : '', TRUE, array( 'allowedProtocols' => array( 'http

That’s not how it works. I can only sort by one column and it is rating. Number of ratings do not count here. Same happens in Downloads, etc.

I need to see if I can make a workaround. I’ll let you know tomorrow. 

Yes. I can see the "wrong" sorting in downloads as well https://invisioncommunity.com/files/category/163-utilities-and-stats/?sortby=file_rating&sortdirection=desc 

Then I won’t take a look. It’s a core thing. I mean, probably a workaround can be applied somewhere but I rather do it properly following IPS pattern.  I’d suggest you create a topic in Feedback

This one has a free option - http://www.shrinktheweb.com/

I use the Screenshot Machine option, and got the Pay as You Go "pack" for €20 which gives you 2000 screenshots, which I've found to be more than enough for me. I store them locally. Once in a while, n

@Unlucky, when I tested Screenshot machine awhile ago, it does not allow HTTPS websites on their free plan. It will return "Unsupported" https://www.screenshotmachine.com/apiguide.php

Many thanks @Adriano Faria - after giving you ACP access everything is working perfectly now and going down well with members. Great app and support.

I'd say so, it works fine for me. I never tried their free version first, though, but I too was going to suggest that maybe having the free version was why your screenshots didn't work.

Even didn't delete the files in the uploads folder, the column in DB is null, which makes the API to grab the image again. That's how it should work. I'll take a look in delete files from UPLOADS

no not us

Ok, I'm dropping the PAID links feature and will add a Package module. New version yet this week.

I have a buddy of mine next to me. I told him, watch this, I'm going to have to edit the template 😉 I win! Okay, I'll start digging. Any chance you can point me... Nah, never mind, I'll go in and play

Thank you! It's a pity that I cannot react 10 times with "thank you" I would do 😃

Yes, it can. I can provide a file edit to remove the field requirement if you wish.

It's and editor like any other across the suite. All you have to do it click twice in the image and resize it.

I'll take a look next week when I have to release a new version... if that's something that will demand too much work for now, I'll do it.

Sorry.... my fault.  I figured the extra field problem out right after I posted my inquiry. Thanks.

Working fine now. It was probably a temporary issue.   

The first error probably comes from a resource I’m working. Tks for letting me know.  I just moved you to Links group. You are now able to view the forum and Tracker category. 

Thanks for replying.  I've already found another way to do what I want without using the gallery widget at all.  I just had to look a little deeper.  Sorry, for bothering you with dumb questions.

Didn’t start to work on a new version yet, sorry. 👍

What's New in Version 5.4.8: Adjustaments in the setting to control the minimum image dimensios when uploading link thumbnail Adjustaments in the link submission routine Added abi

Works perfect!  Thanks!

Yes. I cannot open a ticket for 3rd party app. But it seems to have the same behaviour/issue with your widgets. That's why I thought that I inform you. Probably when they solve the issue with Gallery,

Can you PM me as well?

Thanks for letting me know Adriano.  I have joined into the party.... I hope other's will too.

What's New in Version 5.4.10: New Feature: Introduces link weight so you can show important links first in the links listing (category view) New setting to enable weight in Links

Ahhh ok sorry 🙂 will try this Adriano 🙂 Thanks and well job perfect code pretty .. easy Really nice

I’ll take a look. It had a few changes in the manual upload in latest version. 

@Adriano Faria had an interesting situation come up today sir, A user added a link to his website in his club, then went to add a link to his website in the main site links directory and it is se

I will add these in the new version. I'll see how it goes then I can add the others.

What's New in Version 5.4.11: New Feature: Integrate with Members Shop Earn points when submitting a link Earn points when getting a link pinned Earn poi

What's the upgrade procedure from 3.4.x to 4.1.x? Currently I am still on 3.4.x, doing testings for 4.1.x.

Ok, next version. I just released a new version yesterday. 👍

Refresh on Link Actions menu on link view.  I’m not responsible for 3rd-party service as I already explained several times in this topic. If a screenshot provider isn’t work, then switch to anoth

Hi, the refresh did not work. I understand. I switched to Screenshot machine back and now the SSL error is gone. Ill check it out and let you know. If i can use the screenshot machine its great. 

Hi @Adriano Faria . Can i request a new feature? I want to keep the links even when the site stops, is offline or quits. Is there a way to change the URL to a dummy one so the reactions on a link will

That’s possible but I don’t understand what you mean by “quits”. I have no idea what you mean with this: I’ll try anyway. The link image and thumbnail has always its path updated when you

No. HIDE means remove it from public view. It’s the zebra CSS class. It’s used everywhere, including forums index.

ModeratorCP -> Hidden Content. Then you will see all apps and their content: item (links in this case), comments and reviews.

Got it - ok! Loving all the details here. It would be great to have a 5 minute video starter guide, would probably save you a lot of time!

If you mean widgets in the sidebar, no. LD doesn't has a "index controller", only the browser, which is the same from caregory. Maybe in a future version, like IPS5, when I'll probably have to make th

Ok. I’ll wait for the other issue above and will release a fix yet this week. 

Impressed how quickly you did this. Thanks Adriano!!!!

Temporary fix available on https://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/tracker/linksdirectory/the-endpoint-does-not-have-a-valid-documentation-header-r506/ If you don't have an account in the

What's New in Version 5.4.2: New Features: Added widget for Best Reviewed Links Mark categorioes and subcategories read Fix: Fix error when saving extra fields when add

I'll take a look during the weekend to see if they have changed their API.

No. I have my own schedule. Was working in one app. Now I'm working on Invite then on this. User another. You have 3 or 4 options there!

Edit the Group on ACP -> Members -> Group and enable.

What's New in Version 5.4.3: Fix wrong category FURL when copying a category on ACP.

@Telemacus2 @Loren @pixie1506 @Davyc Please, download again and update your install. I just applied a fix I forgot: 👍

Thanks Adriano. I know... Duh. Note to all, even if you think you know what you're doing, you don't ☺️

What's New in Version 5.4.4: Fix error on review link Fix error for guests when browing categories (mark read)

Hi @Adriano Faria tx for the professionnal support of this great app

@Adriano Faria Can i have acces to your test site so i can have a play with this app please ?

I just ran into this same issue. Disabling Links Directory lets me generate an API key, and then everything still works fine after I re-enable it. I sent an API call to update a guest poster's na

I’ll release a version next week. Fix, if required, will be included in new version. 👍

Disregard, kept deleting and recreating and all is good.  I think I had to create a category that is generic (outside of the club) and once I had that category, I could create usable categories within

I love this app, I will be buying it soon!

I'm having so many problems with other applications on PHP7... a lot of them paid applications.  Nice to have on that works without an issue!   Thanks again for the wonderful app, get investment

No, as you also can’t have a topic in two forums or an image in two albums, etc. This is a core thing. 

Tx @Adriano Faria nice improvements !

Probably. Report this in the tracker please, I'll take a look when I have to release a new version.

It uses the ipsButton_normal style: <a {{if settings.links_linkview == 3}}target="_blank" {{endif}}{{if settings.links_nofollow}}rel="external nofollow" {{endif}}data-action="clickCounter" href

Edit the template links -> front -> view -> view.

There is no Featured Links widget. You mean the block in the index where you enable via settings? If so, it's random, which is better than a static list of records.

Every page load, as it isn't a widget. 👍

Sorry @Giray, my bad. I have this on a custom version for a client. Just added this in the new version: Should be out in a couple of days.

Wonderful application.  Works great on Nginx w/ PHP7.  Nice addition to the advertising system.  A++

File reuploaded. No new feature. Only a change for those who will upgrade from an older version to 5.4.2 of the app. If you're on current version (5.4.6), you don't need to upgrade it. Verison ke

Hi @Adriano Faria Tx for the latest improvements, Cant wait to see the Jobs app out ! By the way, for the Links app, would it be possible to add a min width for the uploaded images ? as

1: No  Grid view usually is for categories listing, not records. 2: Yes @ChrisTERiS

Thanks, so after a few hours Miniature did re-generate the thumbnail. @christopher-w unfortunately the free options are very hit and miss. Sliders and interactive boxes on websites seem to blank

It only works using a square size, like 120x120: I don't see anything wrong in the API code. I must be something in the provider.

Notice: maps will disappear from your links. Reason: This is for 4.1.13 users.

So far: - Settings:   - Category:   - Permission per group:   - Post Screen:

Done:

What's New in Version 5.0.4: New Feature: Added ability to submit reviews to links Added new statistic: New reviews by time period Links Directory now uses thumbnail to reduc

Please guys, download again and update your install. I made a tiny fix in the thumbnail stuff for those who aren't using images locally. It was causing an issue (thumbs weren't appearing). Simply donw

Fair enough. 

Any ETA for this needed feature?

Yes, fixed. I should release a new version sson to fix this and add missing digest email templates.

What's New in Version 5.0.4.2: Fix a missing language bit in Activiy Streams and Leaderboard.

For FEATURED LINKS, you have to add the Feed widget and select the option to list FEATURED links.

Not possible. It was made to  not allow duplicate.

Great app! Professional support! Thank you Adriano!

Note with stars? Please be clear.

Nice!  Thanks again for keeping your mods updated.  

What's New in Version 5.0.5.1: IPS 4.1.18 Compatibility version (quick edit of link title on Link view).  

Thanks so much for pointing that out I was searching in the "edit" mode and in the admin CP... sorry for being stupid...  

Similarly to my post in Classifieds thread  Would it be possible to think of reformatting the hook so that it is larger? Currently the thumbnails are very small which makes them illegible and fu

I use this on my custom.css :  .ipsThumb_tiny {     max-width: 120px;     max-height: 120px; } .ipsThumb_bg.ipsThumb_tiny {     width: 120px;     height: 120px; } .ipsThumb_

In the link view? Yes, it's possible but I think most people want to see the image on a higher size. Also, it wouldn't store the hit, which is fired by clicking in the button. So I don't think I will

Like that I've made on Classifieds or this I've made to Downloads https://invisionpower.com/files/file/8033-other-files-from-file-submitter/ ?

What's New in Version 5.0.6: New Feature: Added setting to display links from same category when you're browing a link. It will display 30 random links from same category. Fix:

Yes, it's a feature of IPS4, not specific from this app. Go to ACP -> System -> Advanced Configuration -> Friendly URL or something like that.

It seems that in the end it was an issue on my part. Everything seems to work now. @Adriano Faria was more than helpful with support. Thanks.

I can do some testing next week on this also. Thanks!

Yeah, it seems something has changed; it shows that you rate X starts of 5 but when you reload the page, it doesn't save and shows as it has no rating. Anyway, there won't be a new version for 4.1.X.

Thanks @Adriano Faria looking forward to the new version. I'm going to setup a dev site for 4.2 in a day or two and can test out the new version for you if you're still looking of testers.

I am. Let me know as soon as you can test it.

The 4.2 is available for tests in support board.

Didn't know there was a tracker.  Sounds good.  I'll report it there. How do I signup for that?  got it.

Ok, I'll change it in next version.

No. There's a blue button called VISIT WEBSITE that redirects you and update the hits counter.

Ah. Yeah, makes sense. Much better to have existing customers test out betas. Although, I don't speak for Adriano or anything so he might clarify the situation the next time he gets the opportunity to

I have no idea.

Not sure if tbere's any template edit. I'll check it later and will relly here.

I see what you mean! I added a language existing in another app that you probably don't have! In the meantime, you can you go to your ACP -> Customizations -> edit your skin template ( <

Feeds is a core feature and works in the same manner for all aps; I just inform my class (\IPS\links\Link). It isn't something I can change on my app. Anyway, I took note of this suggestion for a

Is there possible to add some features for SEO? metatags, FURL. And may be a gallery to show the product/service? Is it going to be any kind of integration with your future app classifieds?

Only Thumbshots requires an API key. When you select it on settings, the API key field appears.

What's New in Version 5.0.2: Fixes A few random issues reported New Feature Type of Content field: Admin will be able to choose between Editor WYSIWYG or a Textarea (plain tex

Damn... Forgot that. Will try later or tomorrow and will send you a n edited version.

I told you that twice yesterday:  

Soery, I will revisit this for the next version. I'm working on another app now.

There are two places you need to check: 1 - Groups. You must enable Guest group to access the app. This is a global permisson. 2 - Categories. Each category has.your own permission. Give Gue

Update, I found the problem!  There are actually three places where permissions to this plugin are stored: 1 - Group (Permissions) 2 - Categories 3 - Group (Edit) -- You have one more s

That's what I said here:  

There's a bug report on it for 5.0.3: http://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/tracker/linksdirectory/link-directory-not-logging-hits-r82/

I'm not aware of this. Does it happens with other apps? I don't see, for example, extra fields from Pages listed in Downloads. Or vice versa. EDIT: or mean types of extra field? If so, this

It seems to be a hook on Pages Extra Fields when it should have been hooked into Extra Fields model (core). Probably that's why it doesn't appear. Anyway, hard to say soemething without know what it i

Sure.

You're using 4.1.14 Beta. There's a change in URL: https://invisionpower.com/release-notes/ I can't update the file yet since it is Beta. It will be updated when it's released.

Question: Will there be an option to have reviews shown/enabled?

I can add reviews in a future version, no problem.

What's New in Version 5.0.3: Fixes: Compatibility version to IPS 4.1.14 Setting "Links per page" has no effect New Features: Added ability to set/unset a link as affili

@Adriano Faria i never said that you are guilty or similar, i always commend your app & work  .... just a try if you know something about an issue ... i will try some quieries later ... my fi

Sorry haven't seen, i will wait for your help then ... Have a good time 

I just re-saved them and the formatting was corrected. All good now.  

Got it... Thanks for pointing this out!

Btw, an account is created on my Support board (via Marketplace API) for those who buy (from now on) this (and Classifieds app): http://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/ Credentials: Username: same use

The API has access to what a guest see, so probably will show the login screen.

Good to know you will take a look at it for a future version. Can't wait to update to 4.2 and then this app too very pleased with it.

I have the 4.2 version for this apo for existing clients. If you buy it, you'll have an account created automatically in my support board, where you will be able to download the 4.2 version to test. 

I don’t have a Thumbshots paid plan so if you want me to test it, please send a PM with details and I’ll take a look tomorrow in the morning. 

Not currently. I’ll take a look for a future version. 

Right now a user can purchase a link in a category and once they purchase that link, it remains in the links directory forever (one time cost). I'm using the paid links option for 1 category call

I’ll rethink this for the IPS 4.3 version. 

@Adriano Faria Thanks! Just some other thoughts and ideas... 1.  Links Feed Slider Widget You might also want to consider adding a (Block Manager) widget which uses the same scroller at

@Adriano Faria would it be possible to have the "whats new" or/and "random links" as block too to place it at other parts of the system for example on a landing page or to get cross info at other

...which is already fixed. Do you want to test 5.0.1 before I release it?

Nice! webshots is now working for me and also tested Miniature.io and its is also working without storing files locally. Thank you. 

Sent. 

Sure.  Everything works great, haven't had a single issue besides the template error I got above.  Running 7.0.7 on Nginx.  

Something like that you mentioned... like I did in Classifieds, with packages, etc.

What's New in Version 5.2.0: Compatibility with IPS 4.3 ONLY! New features: Abilitiy to add color to Categories (just like forums) Abilitiy to manage blocks on index portal: yo

What's New in Version 5.2.1: Fix error on Link Feed template Compatibility with IPS 4.3 ONLY!

I think it would also be a great way to maintain the list. If you could quickly export the list along with an indication if the link was broken, you could then purge old or broken links and add new on

You can't. This is framework thingy, not from the app. Guests can't review in all other areas (Downloads, Gallery, Pages, etc).

I am using web thumbnail and its working fine for me.

Would it be possible to import a list of URLs?

What's New in Version 5.2.2: Link Feed template changed to block style (like on Links Directory What's New index block) Edit link page will now use same template of when you're submittin

I've upgraded and it looks good now : ? Thank you ! ?

This is related to the site or to the thumb provider. That happens quite a lot due to several reasons that I cannot control, like the provider is offline or having any temporary issue. There’s an

Yes, this app uses data from old version. Upgrade your board then buy this version if you already haven’t made it and upgrade Links Directory. New screenshots will be generated.  Let me know if y

That particular member is not allowed to submit links. Edit their profile on ACP and go to Links Directory tab:

Guest won't submit as they don't aren't a member.

I will release 5.0.1 today later.

My official reply to you is: they can't. Maybe in a future version I can review this. For now, I won't change this.

Ok thanks for considering and trying to help 

Go to ModeratorCP -> Deleted Content and delete it definitely there.

Ok, clear now. Just test on my online board (using phone) and I can’t  see a deleted link as a member. I’ll retest tomorrow in the morning when I reach my PC.

I can confirm the issue on Top Hits widget. Will release a new version as soon as I fix it. There won't be a "group permission". It will be like all other widgets: if you have permission to view t

I'm not saying your application is bad (yes it works), just the 3rd party thumbnail providers and I was trying to add my "2 cents" to the topic as well as my use of the rebuild tool. Just in case anyo

Pages app from IPS? No, not necessary. This has nothing to do with Pages. 

On my way friend keep up the good work

Ah, that was my issue. Thank you very much. And by the way, great support response time.

You downloaded a beta for tests purposes on my board. Here goes the readme.html file that will be in the final zip:

I will post in the topic when it's ready. I'm currently working on it. Give me a few minutes to fix it. File updated. Try again: http://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/files/file/

very good thank you  https://www.progungroup.com/index.php?/links/

Bugs and suggestion, please use the support board. http://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/forum/17-suggestions/ http://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/tracker/linksdirectory/

Top Notch Support! I added suggestion thank you

Tis' really best of both worlds situation , your software appears to already be top notch i merely present an idea to add new functionality. Your Software is superior to www.edirectory.com which is...

PLEASE, bug in the TRACKER! I'm not sure how to tell you in another way!

Seriously, @DieselMinded, what part of this text you don't understand?     I won't reply anymore.

There's a 4.2 version available for the purchases in my support board to be tested. The file on marketplace will updated when 4.2 is released. 

What's New in Version 5.1.0: Compatibility with IPS 4.2 - DO NOT USE IT ON IPS 4.1.X

Ok, didn't know that. Will take a look closer.

Upgrade to IPS 4.2. After that, upload the new version of this app.

Just a stupid question  , but I guess I need "pages" to install and use this application, don't I?  

Never mind. After a few more tries, it decided to work. :-?   Cheers.

I checked your fix and it is working now . Thanks for your support - problem solved

No change in APIs were made; only template edits. Anyway, I just tested on my site and they are offline too. We're on a weekend. They are free services, etc. Probably they are in maintenance.

Yeah thumbnail generation is not working, and when it is there are loading issues with trying to fetch images and failing. I've switched to manually uploading now. So it's ok

For this specific use, I'd suggest you use this https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/7756-sd-company-directory/  

Just bought my second copy. 

Thank you, sir. ?

Done.

What's New in Version 5.0.1: Fixes: Templates, missing language bits and a few random issues reported. New Feature: Added location field to the link, so a map will be displaye

What's New in Version 5.1.3: Fix: ArgumentCountError on embed feature for guests.

What's New in Version 5.1.4: Fix: Minissing language bit which was causing setting Linkback Code to not work. Updating your setting: Go to ACP -> Community -&gt

PM sent. No rush whatsoever. Thanks.

Hello ! ? I'm using version 5.2.1. I've cleared cache in the ACP and in my browsers, but the links feed still doesn't look good. It is too small and the text has a problem : Why don't

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

It was developed on PHP 7. :thumbsup:

Tested on 5.6.

I'm having so many problems with other applications on PHP7... a lot of them paid applications.  Nice to have on that works without an issue!  

Thanks again for the wonderful app, get investment for my forum.  :smile:

Edited by Bluto
13 minutes ago, Martin1980 said:

would it be possible to add a Google Maps (GEO) custom field?

Not sure how. There's no address field anywhere.

EDIT: the APP supports Extra Fields. You can use them. Not sure if that type is available on Core.

I am unable to edit the link on your demo site, is that right?

You are moderator. You should be able to. Anyway, there's a forum there where you can post bugs & suggestions.

I am unable to edit the link on your demo site, is that right?

Just tested and seems fine: http://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/links/link/12-facebook/&do=edit

What happens to you? Any error?

Edited by Adriano Faria
3 minutes ago, watchhead said:

I've added the app as a top level menu item but am getting a 500 error when trying to access it - the URL it's going to is ~/index.php?/links/

Have you tried to clear the cache or even restore the menu and publish it? Seems to be a cache issue.

If you don't know how to do it, PM me with ACP access and I'll take a look.

7 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Have you tried to clear the cache or even restore the menu and publish it? Seems to be a cache issue.

If you don't know how to do it, PM me with ACP access and I'll take a look.

Thanks for the speedy response - I've PM'd you.