Links Directory

• 2 months later...

Hello,
I have a rather strange problem: the links hide themselves.

the links are created and validated, then later on going back to the website I find them hidden without anyone touching them.

Is this a known bug? Do you have an idea of the problem ?

(sorry if it's not very well written, I'm French and I don't speak English)

Check your logs to see if another moderator is doing this or if you have auto moderation, etc.

It has a setting to hide or delete links from members when they are deleted or reported as spammers. Check the app settings to see if this is enable and if the authors of theses links are set as spammers or deleted. 

Edited by Adriano Faria
1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

Check your logs to see if another moderator is doing this or if you have auto moderation, etc.

It has a setting to hide or delete links from members when they are deleted or reported as spammers. Check the app settings to see if this is enable and if the authors of theses links are set as spammers or deleted. 

You may also want to check in settings the Link Checker. If enabled, it can hide or delete links not accessible anymore (http status different than 200).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

miniature.io doesn't require API key: https://miniature.io/docs#basic-usage

It's a free service; should be out for some reason and has nothing to do with the Links Directory app itself. There are a bunch of posts in this topics with same issue; they come and go with time.

I strongly recommend Screenshotmachine.

Agree with Adriano. I use screenshotmachine with no issues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I see people can mark where there location is on the map. It would be great if there was a way to search for businesses by location. A search bar at the top where you could put in a location then choose a category would really make this app great. Is this something you'd consider adding, or privately as a paid additional plugin perhaps?

6 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Not sure what you mean. It isn't a feature in this app. It has an address field which will show a map and that's all.

So for example, if I want to set up a category for shops that offer equipment repair, theres no way of someone searching specifically for one thats in driving distance of them. I understand this isn't really the purpose of this app, but for my own use it would open up a whole new range of possibilities. I'd be prepared to pay for a secondary plugin for your app that would achieve this. Unless of course you were prepared to make it part of the core app which would be awesome.

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

New version submitted to fix the incompatibility with IPS 4.7.2.

Lets hope IPB works fast... i just renewd the licence but still:  This resource is already installed and up to date

So my links are down... https://www.duken.nl/forums/index.php?app=links&module=links&controller=index 😞 Damn 4.7.2 upgrade. Really sucks when you use PHP 7....

Edited by Duken