ftp access in Community In The Cloud?

Simon Woods

Sorry, as this is a cloud solution there is no FTP option as there should be no need for it as our software supplies the avenue to do most everything needed. If you do have a question or a need for FTP, please submit a ticket and we can always assess it and help you out ;) 

• 1 month later...

This really sucks for those of us hosting with you.  Since some of the items in the marketplace require uploading files means we have to create a support ticket each time we come across one that we want to use and then wait for the ticket to be responded to. Increases the install time for the customers.  Has to be a better solution.

4 minutes ago, Porthos1973 said:

This really sucks for those of us hosting with you.  Since some of the items in the marketplace require uploading files means we have to create a support ticket each time we come across one that we want to use and then wait for the ticket to be responded to. Increases the install time for the customers.  Has to be a better solution.

Oh, what kind of items are they? I didn't realise this problem existed.

Is an example where you have to upload files before you start the install.  There are others out there was well.  I know most  are packaging everything in a .tar file so everything gets uploaded that way but still some that have it were you have to manually upload.

Eek. Not good.

Hopefully over time all items will be able to work via the .tar upload. Fortunately I'm in a position where the value of the hosting is much greater than that of third-party items but I'd have to make some tough decisions if that situation changes.

I misread this as the other 'Steam' file. ^_^ as one was approved today that is a pure .tar file (uploaded via your ACP not via FTP)

Newer files should not really need any direct filesystem access though it should be possible via either applications or plugins to do what is required without direct intervention.

13 minutes ago, AndyF said:

I misread this as the other 'Steam' file. ^_^ as one was approved today that is a pure .tar file (uploaded via your ACP not via FTP)

Newer files should not really need any direct filesystem access though it should be possible via either applications or plugins to do what is required without direct intervention.

it's mostly the login handlers and commerce plugins that use the files that need uploading.

2 hours ago, AndyF said:

@AndyF Thanks for the quick approval BTW! ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Yurri said:

Without FTP? How?

• need custom .htacess
  • IP Pages by default
  • Enable HTTPS

IPS4?

• .htaccess - send it to support and ask them to upload it. How often do you need to change a .htaccess file? It shouldn't be a burden.
  • IP Pages by default - ACP
  • Enable HTTPS - ACP

If any Cloud customers need anything, please use our cloud support section and we are always here to assist you with a proper solution. 

Tapatalk, and login handlers at the moment do need to be uploaded manually, and we can assist you with these items.  Tapatalk is re-writing their application in the proper manner however which should be done soon hopefully. 

Archived