Invite System

Weird 🙂

Having the sender in the email, or not, does not make a difference.

I invited 'Harry George' and I got: 'zawry George' - notice no special characters, just the word 'Harry' became 'zawry'.

However, 'Johnathan' came back like 'John' with the question mark character.

Hmmmm. 

7 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

First, to let things clear: you made a suggestion but it’s up to me to add it or not to the resource. 

Having said that, what is your suggestion? 

I just want to be able to do mass batch invite codes as normal but then be able to easily copy and paste them so I can share them?

On 5/27/2019 at 7:00 AM, Giray said:

Weird 🙂

Having the sender in the email, or not, does not make a difference.

I invited 'Harry George' and I got: 'zawry George' - notice no special characters, just the word 'Harry' became 'zawry'.

However, 'Johnathan' came back like 'John' with the question mark character.

Hmmmm. 

Still working on this.

On 5/31/2019 at 12:44 AM, Sp4x said:

I like to see the Integration in Members Shop. Can we get an Option so Users can buy invites with points? 

On 5/31/2019 at 5:35 AM, Adriano Faria said:

It’s the next step, I would say. I’ll take a look when I have to release a new version. 

Next version will enhance the integration with Members Shop and will also allow the admin to monetize the site by selling invitations on Commerce:

Pllj5uo.png

i5N7H1R.png

1IxbvrH.png

Options will appear if you have Members Shop and Commerce installed, of course, and if you have no invitation left.

Should be out in a couple of days.

2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Next version will enhance the integration with Members Shop and will also allow the admin to monetize the site by selling invitations on Commerce:

That's brilliant Adriano!!!  You might consider creating a separate monitizable version of this product.  Such a version could be marketed to an entirely different group of IPS customers increasing overall sales.   Once folks really look at the capabilities of the Member Shop, the Commerce addon and your app (with "just" the new features you will be adding in a couple of days) their imaginations will spark and multiple different use cases will come to mind.  Being open to further refinement could lead to entirely different ways of running communities, allowing some to remain open a few years longer or allowing new ones to launch and thrive.

21 hours ago, Christopher Anderson said:

That's brilliant Adriano!!!  You might consider creating a separate monitizable version of this product.  Such a version could be marketed to an entirely different group of IPS customers increasing overall sales.   Once folks really look at the capabilities of the Member Shop, the Commerce addon and your app (with "just" the new features you will be adding in a couple of days) their imaginations will spark and multiple different use cases will come to mind.  Being open to further refinement could lead to entirely different ways of running communities, allowing some to remain open a few years longer or allowing new ones to launch and thrive.

As much as I like the idea of profiting from it, that would increase support because I would have one more resource to support and probably one fix in one of them would have to be made in the other, as they would share 90% of source code. I will update current version.

On 5/27/2019 at 1:12 PM, Zlitz said:

I just want to be able to do mass batch invite codes as normal but then be able to easily copy and paste them so I can share them?

Another new feature: EXPORT INVITATIONS:

07NFmhn.png

5vDlI19.png

It will export to a CSV file format:

szBFwqk.png

Also reworked in ACP restrictions to make it more robust:

RYo9yZC.png

What's New in Version 2.3.0:

New Features:

• Integration with Members Shop (@TheJackal84):
    • Member can exchange points for invitations
    • Member who sent the invitation will earn points when someone creates an account using their invitation
  • Integration with Commerce:
    • Member can buy invitations, which will allow administrators to monetize their boards

Enhancements:

• Rework in AdminCP restrictions

I am considering purchasing, but I need the following functionality:

• User has a referral URL that they can give out to others; this URL is hashed and sets a cookie, ensuring a subsequent registration would result in a referral credit as "invited"; the ability to allow unlimited referrals or make them use "invites".
  • Ability to only grant member points once the invited user creates x # of content (return on investment)

Please advise if this is something you can do.

1: there’s no URL. No referral. Once the account is created in the regular registration screen, the user will have the name of the user who invited in his profile. No points gained to register. Unlimited invitations is a group setting  

2: it already grant invitations at X content posted.

• 3 weeks later...