Invite System

@Adriano Faria I remember awhile back we had a discussion on this wonderful product, I was curious if there had been any updates on it since we last spoke;

in particular the Facebook Twitter signup integration and their ability to bypass the invite system all together, or had that been fixed so even they have to put in a code before proceeding as normal users? Last we spoke you mentioned, this was an issue with Facebook and Twitter and you were working on their ability to bypass invite.

I eagerly await your response, 

Kind Regards.

Brian

Edited by Humanastorian
4 hours ago, Kassandra Taggart said:

Is there a way to do 1 code to invite several on facebook though facebook messenger?

The post above yours says it’s not compatible with social network. It works only for regular registrations. 

4 hours ago, Kassandra Taggart said:

Is there a way to tie in the code through a trial subscription?

No. 

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 5:21 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Yes, not a issue with social networks. This resource works in regular registration. 

I’ll take a look for a future version. 

Thanks for the response. You have been one of the greatest modifiers of these applications. Your response time is amazing and you really look into things! Just to clarify.

When the user uses Facebook or Twitter now, it will force them to use the code now? last we spoke it was an issue you were working on.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, zxycc98 said:

When the user registration prompts this error, how can this be resolved?

QQ截图20180706171638.png

You don’t show as a user who should be using this (you’re not in the purchasers list), so I’m not sure which version you are using, as the latest hasn’t this error. 

Uninstall it. 

---------------------------

EDIT: Thanks for purchasing it. Now update your install.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It appears that the Invite System ignores the requirement to utilize the “Invitation Code” when creating an account via LinkedIn.  As shown below I left all of the “required” Sign Up fields blank.

image.thumb.png.adc9c4f93301526a1d593622cebeb971.png

If a person clicks on the “Sign in with LinkedIn” as shown above they will be directed to the following screen:

image.png.c660ca026c60e8342c6bf4bff3c9203e.png

Upon clicking on “Sign In” button the web browser redirects to the forum with the member showing up as a new member Signed in via LinkedIn.

Here is a screenshot of the setting showing that the “Require an invitation to register an account via Social Media” has been enabled.

image.png.832bab711f67f5ddeb11a655efa845a6.png

I went ahead and tried again with an “Invitation Code” as shown below:

image.thumb.png.d4e173d9530709615eed21fabfd2f17c.png

Upon clicking on “Sign In” button the web browser redirects to the forum with the member showing up as a new member Signed in via LinkedIn.

When I verify the Invitation Code I find that the app does not show that the code had been claimed.

image.png.907fd6966a2e493e3b7965ecba05cefa.png

I tested the above scenario with the Microsoft Login and see the same results.  If I setup an account without using a Social Media Login the app works as expected.  Please provide guidance on how to setup the app to work with Social Media Logins (LinkedIn and Microsoft) as it doesn't seem to work for me 

You better disable it for now. I don’t have how to test it as I don’t use social media on my board. It was a request from another user who said it was ok. I don’t even tested it. 

Your best bet for now is disable this new feature. It will be fixed or removed as soon as I get a reply.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/4/2018 at 4:26 PM, Adriano Faria said:

You better disable it for now. I don’t have how to test it as I don’t use social media on my board. It was a request from another user who said it was ok. I don’t even tested it. 

Your best bet for now is disable this new feature. It will be fixed or removed as soon as I get a reply.

Hello @Adriano Faria I reinstalled my forum software today and  setup and verified that I could login via LInkedIn, Twitter, Microsoft, Google and Facebook.  I then installed your app and was able to create an regular account utilizing an Invitation Code but I can't seem to get your app to work when using social media accounts as mentioned above.  As you don't have social media setup on your board to test I encourage you to logon to my board and test out your app.  Login credentials have been mailed to your inbox here.  If I don't have something setup correctly in my ACP to allow for your app to work as expected please make the appropriate change and let me know.  If the site is okay, please make the appropriate changes to your software and feel free to test it out on the site. 

Edited by Christopher Anderson
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Are you requiring invitation code (setting Require an invitation to register an account enabled) ?

Yes

I assume its because 
    $invite = \IPS\Db::i()->select( '*', 'invite_invites', array( 'invite_code=?', $val ) )->first();

No null check or its not reaching the exception ?

Edited by cpehydra