Invite System

7 minutes ago, ChrisTERiS said:

First of all, I wrote that this is something special. I don't blame your work. Is very good, in all addons that I bought from you.

But yes for me, if I had the choice, I had to allow registrations only by using the direct link that exists in the email. Finally (including me), in such cases, most people use the direct link than copy/paste the code.

Not complaining. Just saying that it can happen. 👍

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, ChrisTERiS said:

If I set new registrations to be after Admin approval, how the system treats those who register with invitation? They're also wait for admin approval or not (this is the best for me)?

Hi Chris,

Nothing changes. The new member will have its invite data updated (who invited, number of invites) when creating the account. It makes no difference which kind of validation you use. This is handled by the core. If you approve the registration, then the user will be able to use the system; if you don't approve, then don't.

4 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Hi Chris,

Nothing changes. The new member will have its invite data updated (who invited, number of invites) when creating the account. It makes no difference which kind of validation you use. This is handled by the core. If you approve the registration, then the user will be able to use the system; if you don't approve, then don't.

Got it and is normal. At least in the approval list is something that indicates that this user has been invited to speed a bit the procedure of approval?

Edited by ChrisTERiS
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Fleiding said:

Is this a bug?

If it’s not sending the name the user typed in the form, yes. I personally find weird after so long a bug like that wasn’t bring up before. I’ll make some tests tonight or tomorrow in the morning and will submit a fix, if that’s the case. 

32 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Can you elaborate? What isn’t working? Link? If so, which link? The whole registration process?

The link provided in the email for invitation works. However, trying to register via the invitation code does not.

Apparently invite codes do work just tested it again and it seemed to work, I believe it just buggged out for my friend or he pasted it in wrong. I do have a suggestion though, where you can create an invite and instead sending the email just get the code. SO you have the option to email the person or just get a code then send it to someone.

Edited by Tammy Wagner
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Adriano, very weird problem. My emails are arriving with the person's first name garbled. I've tried it twice. I've attached a screen shot. The name with the 'z' and the question mark should have been 'Jim'.

Thoughts?

Thanks

*edit* Just read a previous post that someone else had this problem in March. My turn to have it 😉

invite problem.png

Edited by Giray
9 hours ago, Giray said:

Hey Adriano, very weird problem. My emails are arriving with the person's first name garbled. I've tried it twice. I've attached a screen shot. The name with the 'z' and the question mark should have been 'Jim'.

Thoughts?

Thanks

*edit* Just read a previous post that someone else had this problem in March. My turn to have it 😉

invite problem.png

Hi TEST and Hi zi*** Hot are in the same email? I still find hard to believe that Jim will become Zi?. Is there any special character in the name? 

It obviously works if I simply type JIM (J - I - M). Need to know exactly what was entered in the field. 

24 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Hi TEST and Hi zi*** Hot are in the same email? I still find hard to believe that Jim will become Zi?. Is there any special character in the name? 

It obviously works if I simply type JIM (J - I - M). Need to know exactly what was entered in the field. 

Hi Adriano,

Test was the sender, Jim Hot was the invitee. I asked that both appear in the invitation. I tried with the name 'John' as well, it also came out weird. I'll try without 'both' names appearing. I'll also try with different names.