Invite System

Sorry to chime in here, but I’m not sure I understand what the issue is with an email. Not nowadays anyway. It’s a little bit like placing an order from Amazon but not wanting to give an address. Think about it, if the person doesn’t have an email when they register on the board, then there is absolutely no way of reaching out to them, unless you use an SMS system, in which case you would need their phone number, Which in my mind is even more intrusive than an email address. last thought, if they already know about the site because you’ve told them about it, then you don’t need an email indeed, but then again why even bother with the code, they might as well just register. Anyway that’s my two pennies. 

2 hours ago, Prince of Hell said:

its should be a option but everyone i know dont want to be force to put email. just give us the code

Not going to happen. I like to concentrate my efforts in things I do really feel will aggregate some value to the resource. Not the case here, which I’ll waste time developing to the end of the day, the invitee be required to provide email address in registration process. 

You should ask to the same dev you will probably find to make the points system to you.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

What's New in Version 2.7.0:

• Enhance the integration with Members Shop by adding Invitation as an item in the store so members can purchase it.

XDDCoIS.png

YGpRGZb.png

With this new integration, you can disable the setting Admin CP -> Community -> Invite System -> Settings -> Members Shop tab -> Enable integration with Members Shop -> Pay Points -> Allow user to exchange points per invitation .

This setting allows members to exchange points by invitations on Account Settings. This setting may be removed at some point.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, is there a way where I can remove unused invitations? We like to send out invites in waves and would like to remove any unused invitations from accounts after X amount of days. I understand that there is an "expired invites removal" feature, however, I'm under the impression that that only works for invites that were sent out but never redeemed. Currently, invites given to members seem to be permanently on their accounts with no way to actually remove them, unless I have somehow missed a setting in AdminCP.

13 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

That’s not a feature and I really doubt I will add something like this. Users earn invitations making posts, bringing content to your site, so I don’t think it’s fair to take away these invitations from them.

While I do understand where you are coming from, that would only be applicable to communities that have that sort of system set up in the plugin settings, no? What about communities that simply don't have those features enabled in the first place? You might as well force the setting where users earn X invites after X posts on for every single community using your invite plugin if you are disinclined to consider different use cases of the plugin and want to make it "equitable/fair".

While I'd be more inclined to agree with your POV regarding forums/communities that are similar to Wikipedia in the sense that they are heavily run off the contributions of the community, or if a community has a system where people can "purchase" invitations for real money, our private SaaS community is 99.99% based on staff/developer contributions.

Occasionally, we send out an invite wave to our member group for events like Christmas or New Year, however, as we have grown bigger, we have run into the issue where bad actors have formed a "black market" of sorts where they try to sell invitations on different platforms and websites. This has led to multiple headaches as instead of friends and good, vetted community members being invited, people can just buy their way in, which was never our intention, as we have never and will never take money in exchange for an invitation to our community.

In addition, because unused invites stay on accounts forever, there is no way for us to at least attempt to mitigate this by giving everyone an invite with the understanding that if they do not use it within a day or some other arbitrary length of time, that it will be removed in order to prevent issues like this for the most part. 

Now instead of staff/developers doing their best to increase the quality of the information/services/products we provide, we need to individually investigate multiple instances of black market invite selling, deal with reports that people are getting scammed out of hundreds of dollars, etc.

All in all, this takes away resources from things that would push the envelope, as well as lowers our brand reputation indirectly, as our community is tied with people selling invites or even worse, scammers taking advantage of others with the promise that they would sell them an invite. While I can't speak for the other users of this plugin, as our community grows bigger and more known/desirable, this has continued to become a larger issue. 

Edited by x sir
23 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

That’s not a feature and I really doubt I will add something like this. Users earn invitations making posts, bringing content to your site, so I don’t think it’s fair to take away these invitations from them.

Most coupons, sales, and specials only last a short span of time. I think there would be value in being able to set an expiration date (or not) for these types of earned invitations.  This would increase the options available to a site in how they want to utilize your fine app. 

That’s not possible. A date is required to expire something. Total invitations is simply a number on a column, just like the total posts a member has in your board, and as such, it doesn’t store the date that counter was increased. The invitation itself, the one the member send to someone, has a date, and that’s why it expires.

Not possible.

• 2 months later...

Thank you so much for being a client!

The Invision Community Marketplace is closing on October 30, 2023, so I am moving all of my files over to my personal site www.sosinvision.com.br.

You will find information on my website www.sosinvision.com.br:

Bookmark https://www.sosinvision.com.br/ and the new Marketplace Directory www.Invisioneer.org.