Invite System

Adriano Faria

On 1/11/2021 at 12:42 PM, SF_Ronin said:

Thanks. That's what I assumed, but didn't want to do something on a live site that would be difficult to undo. 

Actually useless i've offered to pay him, and i've had same issue for months trying to get him to fix it and he wont. The plugin is buggy and doesnt work on newest version of IPS. Some members are unable to receive invitations from bonuses and it fails to add them to the invites db. Everytime I ask him to fix even offering him money he doesnt. He's useless

49 minutes ago, Voltz said:

Actually useless i've offered to pay him, and i've had same issue for months trying to get him to fix it and he wont. The plugin is buggy and doesnt work on newest version of IPS. Some members are unable to receive invitations from bonuses and it fails to add them to the invites db. Everytime I ask him to fix even offering him money he doesnt. He's useless

I DO NOT WANT your money. You should use it to hire someone else to make a GOOD app for you, because this one will remain as it is. 

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/forum/506-customization-requests/

https://invisioncommunity.com/third-party/providers/

• 5 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

There’s no such integration. The only one, as described in this app description is:

Member can exchange points for invitations

And member will do it in the IS app, not in Members Shop:

Screenhot3.PNG.5d2e07c34330cba0f126fcf1c

He can purchase invitations using Commerce.

Yes, how does the member get an invite code with points? I don't see those two options when looking at the same screen.

Edit:

Got the commerce one set up.

image.png.abd910277a7a8af374fa8f91529dbfbb.png

Edited by Christopher Scott Grigg

3 minutes ago, Christopher Scott Grigg said:

I don't see those two options when looking at the same screen.

Did you enable the Members Shop integration on Invite System settings?

And if I’m not mistaken, the user can’t have invitations. It will show only for those who need to exchange/purchase. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2021 at 4:15 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Please, check one more thing: does the user has points to exchange for invitations? Note that according to your screenshot from settings above, user must have at least 100 points. 

I'm unsure, I'd have to check again. Is there a way or shouldn't it show the points button regardless if they have enough points or not? You could have it simply say not enough points if they don't have the amount needed.

• 1 month later...

Hi Adriano,

Would it be useful to create a widget/block that allows a user to enter an email and invite? I find that my users are not inviting as much as I would like them to and I thought that if I put a widget in the sidebar, they might simply enter an email address and hit send.

Thoughts?

Thx.

**edit**

Oops. I just found this: 

Let me look at it a little...

Edited by Giray

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I have an issue with Invitation and MemberShop application (i think both of them are yours @Adriano Faria)

I've just upgraded to newest version of IPS (4.5.4.2) and both of those plugins are throwing (the same) error durring profile registration on forum:

Invitation:

ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function IPS\core\modules\front\system\invite_hook_is_RegisterScreen::_createMember(), 2 passed in /var/www/html/forum.headshotownia.pl/init.php(893) : eval()'d code on line 28 and exactly 4 expected (0)
#0 /var/www/html/forum.headshotownia.pl/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(28): IPS\core\modules\front\system\invite_hook_is_RegisterScreen::_createMember()
#1 /var/www/html/forum.headshotownia.pl/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(90): IPS\core\modules\front\system\hook551::_createMember()
#2 /var/www/html/forum.headshotownia.pl/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(240): IPS\core\modules\front\system\hook668::_createMember()
#3 /var/www/html/forum.headshotownia.pl/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(103): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->_registrationForm()
#4 /var/www/html/forum.headshotownia.pl/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->manage()
#5 /var/www/html/forum.headshotownia.pl/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /var/www/html/forum.headshotownia.pl/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

and Member shop

ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function IPS\core\modules\front\system\membersshop_hook_RegisterHook::_createMember(), 2 passed in /var/www/html/forum.headshotownia.pl/init.php(893) : eval()'d code on line 28 and exactly 4 expected (0)
#0 /var/www/html/forum.headshotownia.pl/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(28): IPS\core\modules\front\system\membersshop_hook_RegisterHook::_createMember()
#1 /var/www/html/forum.headshotownia.pl/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(90): IPS\core\modules\front\system\hook551::_createMember()
#2 /var/www/html/forum.headshotownia.pl/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(240): IPS\core\modules\front\system\hook668::_createMember()
#3 /var/www/html/forum.headshotownia.pl/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(103): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->_registrationForm()
#4 /var/www/html/forum.headshotownia.pl/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->manage()
#5 /var/www/html/forum.headshotownia.pl/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /var/www/html/forum.headshotownia.pl/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

Those are my Applications versions:

obraz.png.c630fd0a4200bd6d0dd9e27057f54b48.png

obraz.png.f23709d10de1e04f9c4403d26c127482.png

And at least IPS Marketplace is claiming those are the newest versions 🙂

I have to disable both of them to be able to register new users. Please fix it 🙂

Edited by headshot_sponsored_by

I can't reproduce. I'm able to create an account using both apps enabled and set to use registration process:

The error is probably coming from elsewhere. Both apps are updated:

Hook in Invite System:

/**
	 * Create Member
	 * @param	array 				$values   		    Values from form
	 * @param	array				$profileFields		Profile field values from registration
	 * @param	array|NULL			$postBeforeRegister	The row from core_post_before_registering if applicable
	 * @param	\IPS\Helpers\Form	$form				The form object
	 * @return  \IPS\Member
	 */
	public static function _createMember( $values, $profileFields, $postBeforeRegister = NULL, &$form )
	{
		try
		{

$member = parent::_createMember( $values, $profileFields, $postBeforeRegister, $form );

Hook in Members Shop:

public static function _createMember( $values, $profileFields, $postBeforeRegister = NULL, &$form )
	{
		try
		{
			try
			{
				$parent = parent::_createMember( $values, $profileFields, $postBeforeRegister, $form );

Both has the same number of parameter from parent method:

/**
	 * Create Member
	 * @param	array 				$values   		    Values from form
	 * @param	array				$profileFields		Profile field values from registration
	 * @param	array|NULL			$postBeforeRegister	The row from core_post_before_registering if applicable
	 * @param	\IPS\Helpers\Form	$form				The form object
	 * @return  \IPS\Member
	 */

You probably has another resource that works in registration process. Take a look in your plugins. Disable ALL resources and leave only these two enabled and you'll see it will work.

If you are sure and want me to take a look at your board, send a PM with an ACP account.

• 3 weeks later...

Searched, could not find, so thinking out loud...

It would be useful to have a note field where a personalized message could be added. Currently, the phrase message goes out, whereas I think it would be nice to be able to add a personalized note. Maybe it could be above or below the stock message with an added title: Personal note from {xyz}:

This is especially useful for forums where the user has a weird username. The one receiving the invite may have no idea who BlueDonut76 is?

Thoughts?

1 minute ago, Giray said:

Searched, could not find, so thinking out loud...

It would be useful to have a note field where a personalized message could be added. Currently, the phrase message goes out, whereas I think it would be nice to be able to add a personalized note. Maybe it could be above or below the stock message with an added title: Personal note from {xyz}:

This is especially useful for forums where the user has a weird username. The one receiving the invite may have no idea who BlueDonut76 is?

Thoughts?

Invite System? Are you sure you posted in the right topic?

Hi,

I have the setting for members to be allowed to send invitations, however I only see the invitation widget in the top right when I'm logged in as an admin. When logged in as a member, the widget does not appear and members cannot send invitations.

Please help!

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Max Wortman said:

Hi,

I have the setting for members to be allowed to send invitations, however I only see the invitation widget in the top right when I'm logged in as an admin. When logged in as a member, the widget does not appear and members cannot send invitations.

Please help!

Thanks!

It's not a setting. It's a group permission. Edit the group and enabled it for Members.