Invite System

4 hours ago, SF_Ronin said:

I could test it.

Sent you a private message with a new version to be used in a TEST INSTALL only!

4 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Is there anyone with a TEST INSTALL to test this resource on IPS 4.5? I'm not asking for people to upgrade their live boards because it will not be supported yet.

I don't want to update it without a few tests before. Send a message if you have purchased it and wants to test it on TEST INSTALL.

Anyone else?

Hi,

Interested in getting this.

Is it possible to add a setting/condition to award 'x' points on Members shop only when the invited user makes 10 posts for example?

or

Setting 1 -'x' points on members shop when a user signs up using the invite
Setting 2 - 'x' points on members shop when a user makes 10 posts for example.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Adriano, I've just installed the invite system and have one problem; invites only show up for administrator accounts. Theres no option in account settings or in the Create menu for members, though the number of invites do show up in the admin cp. The permissions for invites are set correctly. Is there a permission issue elsewhere?

2 minutes ago, Ryan Magdaleno said:

Hello Adriano, I've just installed the invite system and have one problem; invites only show up for administrator accounts. Theres no option in account settings or in the Create menu for members, though the number of invites do show up in the admin cp. The permissions for invites are set correctly. Is there a permission issue elsewhere?

I'll make some tests today/tomorrow and will reply back.

18 hours ago, Ryan Magdaleno said:

Have enabled Invite System in their groups (ACP -> Members -> Groups -> edit a group -> Invite System -> Can Invite People) ?

It will show in  + Create menu if the user has invitations to send (or is unlimited) and it also shows in board top (beside Notifications icon) and in Account Settings:

Nog3tD8.png

2eAhS8V.png

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello Adriano, the invite system is working great now that I have it set up. One question, can you direct me to where I can find all the variables for the email, i.e. 'invite_email_text' etc? I'd like to customize them and am not familiar with their location in the source. Also this might be a good addition to future versions, a field in the admin cp to change the text of the emails. 

Giving bonuses does not work nobody is given invitations

Update: either that doesnt work or the preferences tab for invites always shows 0, uses the old invites_remaining on the member table?

Update: it also doesnt give everyone in the group specified invites

Update: it doesnt give everyone in the group specified invites because in this new stupid table vs it used to being in the member's table not every member on my forum is inside of it therefore all the users not getting invites just arent in the table, there are literally 9000+ members in it and just randomly there will be missing members no specific order

Update: it literally just skips users, this is ridiculous, i dont suggest anyone to use this plugin until this is fixed

spacer.png

Edited by Voltz
1 hour ago, Voltz said:

Giving bonuses does not work nobody is given invitations

Update: either that doesnt work or the preferences tab for invites always shows 0, uses the old invites_remaining on the member table?

Update: it also doesnt give everyone in the group specified invites

Update: it doesnt give everyone in the group specified invites because in this new stupid table vs it used to being in the member's table not every member on my forum is inside of it therefore all the users not getting invites just arent in the table, there are literally 9000+ members in it and just randomly there will be missing members no specific order

Switch to own table is a marketplace rule. So I had to choose between drop it from marketplace or adjust it.

I don’t see anyone else having this issue and as you chose to review it before give a proper time to try to reproduce and fix it, I really don’t have any interest in fix it now. I’ll try to remember that when I have to update this app in the future. 

Thank you for your business and review. 👍

Btw, feel free to hire someone else to make a not ridiculous invite system for you: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/forum/506-customization-requests/

• 1 month later...

@Adriano Faria

If the setting "Require an invitation to register an account" is turned off, and the setting "Change primary group of new user" is turned on, does this mean that all of the following would be true:

• Anyone can register
  • An option to enter a Invite Code is still shown on registration screen
  • Users without an invite will end up in the default "Member" group per ACP settings
  • Users WITH an invite who entered their code during registration will be placed into the group chosen in Invite System Settings when toggling "Change primary group of new user"?

Please let me know. The instructions on the settings page "This will be the group that the user will be moved to after create the account." does not give me enough info to understand.

Thank you! 

1149451172_ScreenShot2021-01-11at11_26_19.png.14ffb7e438d2c7b846343f66c73d0746.png

Edited by SF_Ronin