Invite System

• 1 month later...

hi sir,

installed on v4.1.19.4, works fine for admin - I created invite and user signed up but cannot see any control for invite functionality - neither in +Create or in top toolbar
any specific setting for that?
I checked plugin description and settings list but was not able to identify the reason :(

Hi, is it possible to generate invitation tokens (not send emails, but generate a key to give out to another user to enter at signup only) - not in ACP but for individual users, and disable email functionality completely?

Are users specifically tied to other users (like x invited y publicly shown or queryable via API/DB)?

Thanks!

13 hours ago, hzr said:

Hi, is it possible to generate invitation tokens (not send emails, but generate a key to give out to another user to enter at signup only) - not in ACP but for individual users, and disable email functionality completely?

Batch Invitations on ACP.

13 hours ago, hzr said:

Are users specifically tied to other users (like x invited y publicly shown or queryable via API/DB)?

It shows in the profile of the invited member and it's a column on core_members table. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/07/2017 at 5:15 AM, Saurabh Jain said:

available for 4.2 ?

There is a 4.2 version but there's a bug in IPS 4.2.0 (final) on profile copletion. It will have to wait 4.2.1. The current version works, btw.

On 19/07/2017 at 5:15 AM, Saurabh Jain said:

and one of the suggestion

I'm not adding new features now because I have a buch of resources to update and couldn't be stuck in one app only... when it pass, then I'll come back to add new features.

27 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I'm not adding new features now because I have a buch of resources to update and couldn't be stuck in one app only... when it pass, then I'll come back to add new features.

Thanks for listening..... which is more important

Trust me... If this feature will work.....If I have a mailing list.... say of 100 members .....the community can get going with exponential growth....as each of us can invite members....Ning has a wonderful invite system.... I used to give it a start with fly... however cannot sustain... with other poor features.... IPS has everything almost best... this invite feature can do wonders.... to starters...

• 3 weeks later...

As I said in the reviews (wrong because I had to say it here) One thing is missing ... now the emails are used little ... I could have 1000 friends on facebook, but almost no one could know the email. Would it be possible to give the opportunity to send the code invitation directly to friends on Facebook? Since Facebook has attracted many users from forums, we try to exploit it to resume it :pirate: :)

On 11/11/2015 at 0:30 AM, Adriano Faria said:

This is used only on registrations via board. Not sure it's feasible to "stop" social media "registration". Will tale a look.

Has anything changed with this issue? If there is no way around registrations through social media, is it possible to disable logging in with social media and still keep the ability to link social media accounts to a users account?

4 hours ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

Has anything changed with this issue? If there is no way around registrations through social media, is it possible to disable logging in with social media and still keep the ability to link social media accounts to a users account?

Not a issue. It doesn't cover social mesia. It's not a feature. 

4 hours ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

How does this work with Paid Memberships? If a new person goes to the website and upon signup are presented with their membership options, all paid, they go through the checkout process and pay for their membership, are they granted access or are they required to have an invitation code?

It doesn't work with Commerce. It covers the regular registration screen. Commerce uses its own registration screen.

Feature Request: Single Invitation code for multiple people. There are certain communities that I would like to market to with a batch invitation code. So I can say something to a group of people like: You will need an invitation code to get into the community. Use this code to get in "code goes here".

I would set that single code to allow a specific amount of people in, say this code is valid for 500 registrations.

Feature Request: Possible to allow different groups faster access to additional invitations? i.e. Group A = 10 posts, Group B = 7 posts, Group C = 5 posts to get additional invitation?

Feature Request: Different groups be granted different initial amounts of invitations?  i.e. Group A = 3 invitations, Group B = 5 invitations, Group C = 10 invitations?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...