Invite System

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, MediaDIGI.com said:

Quick question: Visitors that are invited and they click the link should copy/paste the invite code or is it filled automatically when clicking on the link. Id prefer second option for better conversions

If the invitee clicks in the button on email, will be redirected to the registration screen with the code filled in the field.

I have a lot of accepted invitations. When I turn: "Display the pop-up Invitations link on the top board?" page loads 3 times longer. Lags. It could use a cache or eliminate a large database query that slows down the loading of the page. He wants to have this function, but a party has acted quickly.

Is the new version will be a button to delete all expired invitations? I have them above 15000. I would like to remove them.

Will there be support from Facebook?

I would buy this, but it would need to remove the email requirement, and allow just having the invite code. similar to a referral system. My members don't all share their email addresses with new people, so an invite url or code would work perfect instead of forced email, that way they can share it via PM like in Discord, Skype, Teamspeak, Steam, etc. Also would be nice to have existing users to say that "userA" invited me, and to have that flag on their account, just like a referral system only one person can claim someone invited them.

even after talking to multiple people who have this product say that they want it. 

@Lyonharted (just a tag :p)

14 hours ago, Namo said:

Is the new version will be a button to delete all expired invitations? I have them above 15000. I would like to remove them.

Will there be support from Facebook?

Not before 4.2. I've already implemented a lot of requested features. The rest will come after 4.2.

3 hours ago, MADMAN32395 said:

I would buy this, but it would need to remove the email requirement, and allow just having the invite code. similar to a referral system. My members don't all share their email addresses with new people, so an invite url or code would work perfect instead of forced email, that way they can share it via PM like in Discord, Skype, Teamspeak, Steam, etc. Also would be nice to have existing users to say that "userA" invited me, and to have that flag on their account, just like a referral system only one person can claim someone invited them.

Not planned.

@Adriano Faria After updating IPS Suite to v4.1.13.1 I constantly receive following warning when using ACP support tool:

There are some problems with your database. Normally it is safe to try to fix these problems automatically however
if your community is large, you may want to run the necessary queries manually. If so, the queries to run are:
ALTER TABLE `invite_invites`
CHANGE COLUMN `invite_message` `invite_message`
TINYTEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL COMMENT '';

Default server and database collation is utf8mb4_unicode_ci.

Edited by Safety1st
18 minutes ago, Safety1st said:

@Adriano Faria After updating IPS Suite to v4.1.13.1 I constantly receive following warning when using ACP support tool:

There are some problems with your database. Normally it is safe to try to fix these problems automatically however
if your community is large, you may want to run the necessary queries manually. If so, the queries to run are:
ALTER TABLE `invite_invites`
CHANGE COLUMN `invite_message` `invite_message`
TINYTEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL COMMENT '';

Default server and database collation is utf8mb4_unicode_ci.

All 3rd-party apps are showing this. This is a bug in core. We are already talking to IPS.

On 3. März 2016 at 8:23 PM, maidos said:

have you fixed the smtp email issue? im using sparkpost and none of my members can receive emails but sending email test works so the issue is still with this bug from invite app. sparkpost is a free email service so you can register and try it yourself.

As soon as i choose php email, ppl can receive email invitation :/

I have to bring up this issue again. I'm using Sparkpost to send out mails.

Invitation mails are not sent out with a „invalid domain“ error message - with all kind of different domains.

As soon as I switch to PHP it works again...

Any idea?

Andreas

Just now, Andreas Jürgensen said:

Any idea?

No. The email itself is handled by the Core. The invitation email is exactly equal to any other email on the framework.

3 minutes ago, Andreas Jürgensen said:

Invitation mails are not sent out with a „invalid domain“ error message - with all kind of different domains.

Are you using SMTP?

In a quick search on Google, I see a lot of related issues to domains, but your statement is at least weird. What you mean by "with all kind of different domains." You have ONLY one domain. You need to use it. The most common replies to this issue is something like that:

The sending domain needs to match the email address. So if your domain is laracasts.com your email needs to be *@laracasts.com

I don't use Sparkpost. Anyone else with this issue?

Wow, you are really quick ;)

I'm still about to figure out at which level this message is triggered. Invalid domain refers to the sender domain?

I tried it with different recipient domains.

Forum domain and sender domain match. The strange thing: All mails including the IPBoard test mail go out without problems, it's only the invitations.

Will try to find out more...

OK, I'm getting closer...

The problem is the From-line.

Here the Invite System uses the email address of the inviting member, not the sending address of the board.

And this is where Sparkpost stops the mail with „Unconfigured Sending Domain“

Hmmm....

On 07/07/2016 at 8:01 PM, Safety1st said:

page Invitations are too narrow when viewing from mobile phone:
oxL3.png

I'll fix it.

On 07/07/2016 at 8:01 PM, Safety1st said:

batch feature always generates one more invitation than I order.

True and fixed on my install.

On 08/07/2016 at 11:21 AM, Andreas Jürgensen said:

The problem is the From-line.

I really use FROM when you're not using SMTP:

if( \IPS\Settings::i()->mail_method != 'smtp' )
		{
			$mail->from 	= $fromEmail;
			$mail->fromName = $fromName;
		}

It always worked nice for Mandrill. So it doesn't work for Sparkpost?