Invite System

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It would be great to have an invitations system built into clubs so that club members/owners could invite people from outside of the community or by member name to their club.

For paid clubs there would need to be an option for the owner to check wether the invited will be added to the club or not automatically after registering. if not they are just sent to their clubs home page. This way the club owner gets to decide if the invited needs to pay or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Adriano,

I've just created my first private, invite only forum.  I'm using your Invite system, and so far, it's great!

Just a couple of questions / feature requests.

1.  Can I alter the text of the invitation?  I'd like to make it a bit more personal, and add some help information.  The members will mostly be fairly old,  non-technical people who need a lot of hand-holding.

2. Related to the above, I'd like to remove the second of the two buttons ( the "go to the forum" button ) in the invitation email. It's not really any use since at this stage, the invitee won't be a member yet anyway.  Or maybe make the "sign up" button much more prominent so it's clearly the correct one to click?

Many thanks!

Pete

Edited by Pete Cumberland
4 minutes ago, Pete Cumberland said:

Hi Adriano,

I've just created my first private, invite only forum.  I'm using your Invite system, and so far, it's great!

Just a couple of questions / feature requests.

1.  Can I alter the text of the invitation?  I'd like to make it a bit more personal, and add some help information.  The members will mostly be fairly old,  non-technical people who need a lot of hand-holding.

2. Related to the above, I'd like to remove the second of the two buttons ( the "go to the forum" button ) in the invitation email. It's not really any use since at this stage, the invitee won't be a member yet anyway.  Or maybe make the "sign up" button much more prominent so it's clearly the correct one to click?

Many thanks!

Pete

Hi Pete. Yes, you can customize all the texts and the email template directly in your ACP.

For the lang bits:

• Language bits: invite_email_text_user, invite_email_text2 and invite_email_text3. You can change them in ACP -> Customization -> Languages -> in the row of your language, click in the Translate button (globe) and then search for the keys above and add whatever you want in the empty textarea that will be there.

For the email template:

• Still on ACP -> Customization , go to Emails and find emailtpl_invite_system (missing the language bit; I'll add in next version). Click in the pencil to edit it. You'll see the HTML and the Plain text templates. Edit as you wish. Just keep the variables (tags).
5 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Language bits: invite_email_text_user, invite_email_text2 and invite_email_text3. You can change them in ACP -> Customization -> Languages -> in the row of your language, click in the Translate button (globe) and then search for the keys above and add whatever you want in the empty textarea that will be there.

Possible bug.  The invite_email_text3 key doesn't seem to update the email output with any new text in the text area next to it.  At least for me anyway.

Other than that, all good! ?

Pete

2 minutes ago, Pete Cumberland said:

Possible bug.  The invite_email_text3 key doesn't seem to update the email output with any new text in the text area next to it.

Checking it I see it only shows if the invitation hasn't an expire date:

{{if \IPS\Settings::i()->is_expireinvite > 0}}
	{expression="$email->language->addToStack( 'invite_email_text2', FALSE, array( 'sprintf' => array( \IPS\DateTime::ts( $newDate|raw ) ) ) )"}
{{else}}
	{$email->language->addToStack("invite_email_text3", FALSE)}:
{{endif}}

So if you use anythinig different than Never in Invitation expires after X days setting, you will see invite_email_text2.

Is that the case?

12 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Checking it I see it only shows if the invitation hasn't an expire date:

{{if \IPS\Settings::i()->is_expireinvite > 0}}
	{expression="$email->language->addToStack( 'invite_email_text2', FALSE, array( 'sprintf' => array( \IPS\DateTime::ts( $newDate|raw ) ) ) )"}
{{else}}
	{$email->language->addToStack("invite_email_text3", FALSE)}:
{{endif}}

So if you use anythinig different than Never in Invitation expires after X days setting, you will see invite_email_text2.

Is that the case?

I don't recall touching the invitation expiry settings.. according to the emailed invites, they expire in 30 days, which works for me. However the text in invite_email_text3 does appear in all of the invites.  I haven't been able to get rid of it, whatever I put in the textarea. 

EDIT: I can see and change the text in invite_email_text2 just fine.   TBH I was confused as to why it was in an if-then-else loop.. I'm no HTML expert though so I assumed I was just misunderstanding something..

Invite_email_snippet_screenshot.png

invite_email_text3_screenshot.png

10 minutes ago, Pete Cumberland said:

EDIT: I can see and change the text in invite_email_text2 just fine.   TBH I was confused as to why it was in an if-then-else loop.. I'm no HTML expert though so I assumed I was just misunderstanding something..

Just to be clear: what is the issue exactly? You can't translate text3 or is it always showing when it shouldn't?

6 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Just to be clear: what is the issue exactly? You can't translate text3 or is it always showing when it shouldn't?

Basically I wanted to either change that particular bit of text as it appears in the email, to give fuller instructions... or remove it all together.

I even tried commenting the code out within the loop,  and it still appeared in the email!  Most peculiar.  

No rush from my end.  I've got the email looking good enough for now, but I thought I should mention it. 

BTW.. I just noticed your version disclaimer.  You mention 4.3.0 FINAL. as the most recent supported version.  I'm on 4.3.2.  Not a beta release though. it was mooted as the most up to date "stable" release, as I recall...  could this be the problem?  Sorry if it is.  Like I say, it's good enough for now.

EDIT: I only installed the board on thursday.. my first time with anything this, and didn't find your application until the next day.