Invite System

I understand your reaction, however, try to imagine just for one moment that implementing of my ideas makes your app better, at least they could. That is my contributions. In that topic I doesn't care how many plugins you have to maintain. I believe that found bugs must be fixed but suggestions may (or may not) be added.

Just now, Safety1st said:

I doesn't care how many plugins you have to maintain.

It does to me. :)

Just like you, I have other +/- 800 clients here on IPS and in custom jobs. As I can't treat anyone better than the other, it DOES matter to me.

The same way INVITE SYSTEM is important to you, it isn't for other 700 people. On the other hand, 400 of those 700 had another resource that is important... and that's how things is.

The only left suggestion I found is 'campaign name':

On 7/10/2016 at 1:33 PM, Safety1st said:

Add feature to set comment for batch invitations. Then we will know from which campaign a new member joined.

On 7/16/2016 at 4:04 PM, Safety1st said:

Knowledge which campaign is worth and where a member knew about us is important for owners who invest a lot of time to their forums.

Deeply sorry for inconvenienceoops.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hai,

I have two questions

1. Can we assign a secondary usergroup instead of primary upon registration with invitation code ?
  2. An already registered user can still use the invitation code to get linked to someone ? (and then get moved to "custom" group) ?

Thanks.

Edited by Unstug
17 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Not possible.

Got it.

By the way, I am currently running version 2.0.12 and I am getting the following message while manually running the update checks via Tasks:

Tasks

The task ran successfully and produced the following output:
Invite System: Response is missing a required field

Any thoughts on this? Thank you for your help and the plugin as well! :)

On 16/07/2016 at 10:04 AM, Safety1st said:

Knowledge which campaign is worth and where a member knew about us is important for owners who invest a lot of time to their forums.

So how it would be? A new screen where you enter a name and a decription and that name should appear in all screens when you send an invitation?

I can confirm the language issue and it's fixed on my dev install.

Hi Adriano,

I had chated with you last fall about this plugin not working with the registration screen on a site that uses the ecommerce module (users have to purchase a membership on our site).  You had said you would take a look but I have not heard anything since.  I tried contacting you via the messaging system again, but no response was received.

This app would work perfect for what we want to do, an ivitation only site funded and controlled by users as opposed to advertisers and marketers.

But the invite system does not seem to work with the registration screen when using the ecommerce module (just does not show up at all).

Is there any chance of this being fixed, implemented or whatever?

If not that's fine, I'll seek another solution... I would just appreciate some sort of answer.

PS - The Quiz app looks great!

Ok... I'll work out something else.

However, Commerce does work without the user having a subscription, so that you can sell a subscription to an unknown user.

You pick what subscription you want to puchase and then it displays the registration screen to create a new account.  I was hoping at that point they would have to enter the invite code to complete the registration just as they would if they had not picked a subscription and were not going through Commerce.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 08/03/2017 at 1:22 PM, Adriano Faria said:

What's New in Version 2.0.13:

Fix:

• Compatibility version with IPS 4.1.17: not saving profile field information.

Thank you Adriano for this Mod

I've one question:

Is it possible to distribute an invitation number based on the number of posts posted on the forum by members?

Example:

100 posts = 1 invitation

200 posts = 2 invitations

300 posts = 3 invitations

500 posts = 4 invitations

The setting would be done in the ACP

Thank for your answer

Just now, N3wzFrance said:

I've one question:

Is it possible to distribute an invitation number based on the number of posts posted on the forum by members?

Example:

100 posts = 1 invitation

200 posts = 2 invitations

300 posts = 3 invitations

500 posts = 4 invitations

The setting would be done in the ACP

Yes, it's something like that:

Capturar.png

This setting will allow user to earn 1 invitation at X content item posted. In your case, you just need to fill 100 in that field and at 100 "posts" the user will earn 1 invitation.

• 2 weeks later...