Invite System

2 hours ago, maidos said:

another suggestion, can you add a feature so we can penalize a specific users so he cant invite anymore

What's New in Version 2.0.8:

New Feature:

• Ability to allow/disallow a user from use the Invite System. A user with access revoked won't be able to send invitations and won't have the Invitees tab displayed opn their profile.

Fix:

• Widgets and Account Settings -> Invitations will not display Guest as an invited member anymore.

Screenhot+12.png

Screenhot+13.png

Hello,

When trying to move a member from one group to another, I am given the following error in the ACP:

UPDATE `bitcore_members` core_members  SET `member_group_id`='7',`member_title`='',`bday_day`='0',`bday_month`='0',`bday_year`='0',`warn_level`=,`pp_setting_count_comments`=,`members_disable_pm`='0',`language`='1',`skin`='0',`auto_track`='{"content":0,"comments":0,"method":"immediate"}',`invite_revoke_access`=false WHERE member_id=2 
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'invite_revoke_access' in 'field list' (1054)
#0 /home/bit/public_html/community/system/Db/Db.php(836): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('UPDATE `bitcore...', Array)
#1 /home/bit/public_html/community/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(460): IPS\_Db->update('core_members', Array, Array)
#2 /home/bit/public_html/community/system/Member/Member.php(305): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /home/bit/public_html/community/applications/core/modules/admin/members/members.php(968): IPS\_Member->save()
#4 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_members->edit()
#5 /home/bit/public_html/community/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#6 /home/bit/public_html/community/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/bit/public_html/community/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

7 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Please, download again and use the option to UPGRADE TO A NEW VERSION. I'm not sure if it will fix it since the versions are the same. You probably will need to uninstall it and reinstall it.

I forgot to add the new column on INSTALL version. I only did to 2.0.8.

Problem solved. Thanks Adriano! :sorcerer:

*I needed to uninstall & reinstall the application with the updated version

Edited by TheEnd-
  • 2 weeks later...

@Adriano Faria - Loving this system and it's working quite well.  One thing I've discovered and I'm wondering if you can shed some light on this.  I'm using the Brave theme from @ehren. at ipsfocus.com.  It's a great theme!  I also use his Dimension Theme.  Dimension is a lighter coloured theme while Brave is dark.  On brave, when selecting send invitation it takes you to the appropriate place but nothing shows up in the way of text fields for user name and email.  No submit button can be seen.  Here's a screen shot of what I mean.

example1.PNG

You can see from the URL that it is on the right page but nothing shows.

And a screenshot of it working as intended in the other (Dimension) theme:

example2.PNG

I'm not sure if this is a theme issue or something with the plugin.

Just one more thing I've noticed in addition to this.  When using small devices such as iphones, the invite option isn't available anywhere in the menus.

2 hours ago, pilotguy said:

Loving this system and it's working quite well.  One thing I've discovered and I'm wondering if you can shed some light on this.  I'm using the Brave theme from @ehren. at ipsfocus.com.  It's a great theme!  I also use his Dimension Theme.  Dimension is a lighter coloured theme while Brave is dark.  On brave, when selecting send invitation it takes you to the appropriate place but nothing shows up in the way of text fields for user name and email.  No submit button can be seen.  Here's a screen shot of what I mean.

It's really a theme issue, otherwise it wouldn't work in any other and it does. See same issue with another ehren's theme:

There is no secret here. It will search for a CSS Selector. If it's there, it works.

2 hours ago, pilotguy said:

Just one more thing I've noticed in addition to this.  When using small devices such as iphones, the invite option isn't available anywhere in the menus.

True. I'll add for the next version.

Edited by Adriano Faria
9 hours ago, ehren. said:

Make sure you're using the latest version of Brave. 

Both Dimension and Brave use the same framework, and therefore have the same code for the settings page. If it works on Dimension, it'll work on Brave.

@ehren. - Ok I'll contact you at ipsfocus as I don't want the support topic for Adrianos system to turn into a theme support topic.

@Adriano Faria - Ok after a few days here, and @ehren. looking into his themes, this isn't a theme issue.  All themes are up-to-date and current.  If you click on the +Create drop down and select "Create Invitation" a popup appears allowing you to do so (make an invitation.)  The little ticket icon in the user menu bar however takes you to your account settings but with nowhere to input any invitation information.  If that popup had some sort of visible URL to it, I could come up with a functional solution however I can't even create a menu item with a URL in the meantime, essentially making this useless right now, which is a big deal for me as this site allows registrations through invitations only.

Also, a majority of my users are on MOBILE devices - The invitation options doesn't even show up.  So again, some sort of shortcut that I could use in a menu would be beneficial right now.  

Any help you could provide would be huge right now.

Edit:  I did not realize there was an update out for this.  :whistle:  THIS solved my issue and all is working quite well again.  

Edited by pilotguy

After upgrade to 2.0.8 I get the following exception during send an invitation:

Fatal error: Call to a member function addToStack() on null in /home/users/rex2/public_html/pobudka.org/forum/system/Email/Email.php(504) : eval()'d code on line 12

What can we do, to fix it?

11 minutes ago, mgo said:

What can we do, to fix it

Can't reproduce this. The main goal of this app is send emails. I guess if this was really an issue someone else would already scream on this topic. :smile:

Run the support tool on ACP to rebuild cache. If it doean't work, send a PM with your board credentials. I'll take a look tomorrow in the morning.

On 27.04.2016 at 11:45 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Can't reproduce this. The main goal of this app is send emails. I guess if this was really an issue someone else would already scream on this topic. :smile:

Run the support tool on ACP to rebuild cache. If it doean't work, send a PM with your board credentials. I'll take a look tomorrow in the morning.

Thank you for advice. I didn't say, that was the problem in you plugin. I found the problem in e-mail template. Best regards.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, FRANCISCO MONREAL SEGURA said:

Is not working. I put for example 1 for test and then i go to the user and make a post or a comment and don't earn nothing.

This is not a magic trick, mate! It is a task that runs once per hour, not everytine someone makes a post... Unless you want to "stress" your database. I, and I believe all the other purchases, don't want.

13 minutes ago, FRANCISCO MONREAL SEGURA said:

Other thing is when you install 2.0.8 fresh don't add the column invite_revoke_access  i tried uninstalling and reinstalling same problem

Yes, it does. If you see my post from April 12 on this same page, you'll see someone else reported that and I uploaded the fix and the user replied back saying that it was OK.

Anyway, I'm not able to check it today. I'll do a fresh install again tomorrow in the morning and fix it, if that's the case.

Since installing this, and vehemently advertising its features to my users, I'm yet to get a single person to actually register from invitations... while countless have found us through other means.

Email isn't the best solution for this. Please consider adding referral link functionality to this plugin, or even as a separate addon to this plugin which costs money on its own. Gamers and many other niches don't actively use email. They use Skype, Steam, and other social platforms like that. Having a referral link users can generate to invite others would make this hook so much more worth it.

Edited by Lyonharted
On 10/05/2016 at 7:41 PM, Lyonharted said:

Since installing this, and vehemently advertising its features to my users, I'm yet to get a single person to actually register from invitations... while countless have found us through other means.

Email isn't the best solution for this. Please consider adding referral link functionality to this plugin, or even as a separate addon to this plugin which costs money on its own. Gamers and many other niches don't actively use email. They use Skype, Steam, and other social platforms like that. Having a referral link users can generate to invite others would make this hook so much more worth it.

I'll consider it for a new version or a new app, not sure now, for 4.2.

On 10/05/2016 at 6:05 PM, FRANCISCO MONREAL SEGURA said:

Other thing is when you install 2.0.8 fresh don't add the column invite_revoke_access  i tried uninstalling and reinstalling same problem

On 10/05/2016 at 6:21 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Anyway, I'm not able to check it today. I'll do a fresh install again tomorrow in the morning and fix it, if that's the case.

Sorry, just remembered today. Test done: no problem found.

http://www.screencast.com/t/W4QzTuONWrO6

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @Adriano Faria

Bought this plugin and using it for months, but facing an issue with the latest IPS update :

While creating an account with a valid invitation code and valid informations, I'm facing this error : 

You are not permitted to register a user account with this site.

Error code: 2S129/1

I'm running the 2.0.8 version on IPS 4.1.12.1.

Any workaround ?

Best regards,