Invite System

21 minutes ago, Police Community said:

@Adriano Faria

Strange Issue - My invites sit at 57 currently, if I receive a notification then the display changes to match the number of notifications I have received that are new. When I refresh the page it returns back to what it should be 57 Invites and 1 notification

Snip20160131_39.png.e645eae3e3592ee60660

Snip20160131_40.png.e8632113c2e0d825ffd5

You're right. It was made based on globalTemplate:

<li class='cNotifications cUserNav_icon'>
		<a href='#' id='elFullInviteSystem' data-ipsTooltip title='{lang="menu__invite_invite_invite"}' data-ipsMenu data-ipsMenu-closeOnClick='false'>

cNotifications there is the culprit. Made a note for the next version.

You can make a quick fix by editing a template. Do you want this or wait ?

Edited by Adriano Faria

I'll take a look.

The email issue was probably related to some settings in ACP. After a reinstall of your plugin it works.

But now there's another problem: When a new users get's invited and accepts the invite the user is in a group which does not exist, which crashes the forum at certain places until the user is deleted/gets moved in a existing group.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

3 minutes ago, Thomas K said:

But now there's another problem: When a new users get's invited and accepts the invite the user is in a group which does not exist, which crashes the forum at certain places until the user is deleted/gets moved in a existing group.

Did you select a valid group on settings or didn't use that setting?

On 4-1-2016 at 7:18 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Sure, when I'm ready... I'm still reading all of them and trying to see the feasibility of each one of them; see if I can combine some into one new feature.

Not sure yet, sorry. Hope I can say something by the end of this week.

On 15-1-2016 at 1:02 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Yes, that's one of the features I will add. Hope a new version in less than one month.

On 17-1-2016 at 6:38 PM, Martin1980 said:

Thanks a lot. I am really looking forward to a closer integration with this plugin. 

@Kevin Carwile please note, I will purchase your plugin in the next week. :lol:

-edit-

Wonderful, I am glad you're helpful to integrate the app Kevin! 

I quoted a few replies; as this app is one of our main core features of the community, I am scheduling a release date for the new board. That's why I am asking recently for new updates. I know that you're currently busy with other apps, but I though you might 'forget' these suggestions, as you told us to release a new version within 20-30 days a while ago. 

From now, I will keep an eye on this forum and I will stop asking for new updates. I am sorry about that. 

52 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I will do this but I won't support ANYTHING related to Rules. I don't have this app. I don't want to have this app.

I see how this is going to go. I was simply offering to do the legwork to make this app more flexible via rules. I'm not interested if any question you recieve for your app which has the word "rules" in it is simply going to get referred back to me.

Never mind.

15 minutes ago, Kevin Carwile said:

I'm not interested if any question you recieve for your app which has the word "rules" in it is simply going to get referred back to me.

Exacly. You don't want to support mine. I don't want to support yours. I guess we already have too much work in our own apps.

-----------------------------------------------------------

For those who are interested in this, my official reply is: I won't integrate it to Rules app. I never said I would.

Before people go crazy, let ne tell how things works: you make a suugestion. I see the feasibility, pros and cons, etc. In the end, it's up to me to accept your suggestion and make it happen or not. And I decided not to do in this case. Bear in mind that the fact you bought a resource does not make me required to add your suggestion.

I will start to work next week in the list of suggestions made to attend some of the suggestions, not all of course.

Thank you.

On 31/01/2016 at 4:07 PM, Police Community said:

My invites sit at 57 currently, if I receive a notification then the display changes to match the number of notifications I have received that are new. When I refresh the page it returns back to what it should be 57 Invites and 1 notification

6 hours ago, Thomas K said:

What's New in Version 2.0.5:

• Fixed an error on registration group
  • Fixed the icon on board top (counter)

Hello,

I installed the newest version of your application. Unfortunately the SMTP error returned and I can't fix it this time.

When SMTP is enabled with following details: Sender E-Mail: service@example.com, SMTP Login: username, SMTP Password: password and I send an invitation with a user whose email is user@otherexample.com he tries to send a mail with user@otherexample.com per SMTP with the login details of the support mail.

Thanks

9 hours ago, Thomas K said:

Hello,

I installed the newest version of your application. Unfortunately the SMTP error returned and I can't fix it this time.

Sorry, never used SMTP so I'm not sure. So the problem is the sender? It needs to be removed if SMTP is enabled?

Currently, the sender is who send the invitation, not the outgoing board email.

Edited by Adriano Faria