Invite System

16 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Ok, will take a look when I'm going to update the app.

In addition (sorry :P) is it possible to replace text on button in the email by "Click here to sign up" or something similar ? actually, text of button is ... the invit code lol

Not very revelant for user,

You can also click in the link below to go straight to our sign-up form: 
a8332c24d5153a1cbc79779671261f47 

Thank you

So for deleting account, when the member is in validation state (after registration) (Member has not yet responded to registration validation email. in Admin PC)

563bb906b3db3_AwaitingValidation.thumb.p

So to work as expected (in my mind):

• Manage the case when a member choose to cancel his registration (change state to DECLINED or CANCELED for example), and not showing this entry in widget for latest member invitee or in user CP tab invitations. Manage this case in Admin CP too (actually this case redirect to non existing profil with guest name).
  • Replace the invite code on sign up button by a string as "Sign Up Now !"
  • Able to manage the case when the board is offline (just a login button is present), it could be better to say "It's not possible to sign up now, please come bacl later..."
  • Include the limit date to register in email.
  • Show invitees on inviter profil (in the same manner as followers it could be great in my mind)

Thank you :)

Edited by JiigSaaw
Needs & Screen

Hi

I am not sure if this has already been asked before but it would be nice if you could add an option of being able to allow the person that are sending an invite to add a custom welcome message to the invite email that is sent if they want.

Have it send the invite with the details in the email as it stands right now but you also have an option of adding a custom welcome message as well if you choose.

I hope you understand my meaning?

16 hours ago, socceronly said:

Is it/would it be possible for the Invite to include a Coupon from the online store if it was activated?

So you send the invite and they get a $5 off coupon or something like it if they sign up?

Yes, it is possible but I don't have a Commerce license.

16 hours ago, JiigSaaw said:

In addition (sorry :P) is it possible to replace text on button in the email by "Click here to sign up" or something similar ? actually, text of button is ... the invit code lol

Not sure what you mean. This is what appears to me on email:

Screenhot_2.PNG.e5a7b4c396ddd04d7ea756e8

Are you saying that instead of SIGN UP appears the invitation code ? The email template shows the Sign Up text:

{{if \IPS\Settings::i()->is_requireinvite}}
	<a href='{url="app=core&module=system&controller=register&invite_code_req={$invitationCode}" seoTemplate="register" base="front"}' style="color: #ffffff; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', helvetica, sans-serif; text-decoration: none; font-size: 12px; background: {setting="email_color"}; line-height: 32px; padding: 0 10px; display: inline-block; border-radius: 3px;">{lang="sign_up"}</a>
{{else}}
	<a href='{url="app=core&module=system&controller=register&invite_code_opt={$invitationCode}" seoTemplate="register" base="front"}' style="color: #ffffff; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', helvetica, sans-serif; text-decoration: none; font-size: 12px; background: {setting="email_color"}; line-height: 32px; padding: 0 10px; display: inline-block; border-radius: 3px;">{lang="sign_up"}</a>
{{endif}}

The invitation code is on URL.

16 hours ago, JiigSaaw said:

So for deleting account, when the member is in validation state (after registration) (Member has not yet responded to registration validation email. in Admin PC)

I'll take a look when I update the app.

13 hours ago, Jamie Clark said:

I am not sure if this has already been asked before but it would be nice if you could add an option of being able to allow the person that are sending an invite to add a custom welcome message to the invite email that is sent if they want.

Have it send the invite with the details in the email as it stands right now but you also have an option of adding a custom welcome message as well if you choose.

It can be done.

Edited by Adriano Faria

Hi, I just purchased your Invite system and I'm trying to install it. Why I try to install it I get this error " 4S142/7 Cannot write the theme ID directory inside /themes/. Please check the permissions for this directory. "

The permissions for my "Themes" folder and all sub-folders are set to 777. How can I fix this?

Thanks 

This is a fantastic app and worth the purchase.  Would be nice if we could do the following in the future:

• If a new registration does not have an invite code, they may instead purchase a membership (or purchase an invite code).
  • Able to have invitations to a higher membership level.  For example, if someone registers as regular member normally, he can get be invited by another member into a type of VIP or Private member group 

Keep up the great work, these are just suggestions.

Oh and one little thing I found that could be an issue.... When a user registers through Facebook or Twitter (or i'm assuming any other social media that is linked), they do not need an invite to join the community.  This could be a problem for some.  For my site, I think I will disable Social network sign-ins and registrations for now.

4 hours ago, Jesse Rapczak said:

Hi, I just purchased your Invite system and I'm trying to install it. Why I try to install it I get this error " 4S142/7 Cannot write the theme ID directory inside /themes/. Please check the permissions for this directory. "

The permissions for my "Themes" folder and all sub-folders are set to 777. How can I fix this?

Thanks 

Sorry. This app doesn't install anything on themes folder. Not sure this message is related to this app.

I would suggest you to submit a ticket.

4 hours ago, DanLemX said:

This is a fantastic app and worth the purchase.  Would be nice if we could do the following in the future:

• If a new registration does not have an invite code, they may instead purchase a membership (or purchase an invite code).
  • Able to have invitations to a higher membership level.  For example, if someone registers as regular member normally, he can get be invited by another member into a type of VIP or Private member group 

Keep up the great work, these are just suggestions.

IT was already suggested to integrate this with Commerce but it's not possible 'cause guests can't buy on Commerce. An account is required. Being that way, a Commerce subscriptions will work here.

3 hours ago, DanLemX said:

Oh and one little thing I found that could be an issue.... When a user registers through Facebook or Twitter (or i'm assuming any other social media that is linked), they do not need an invite to join the community.  This could be a problem for some.  For my site, I think I will disable Social network sign-ins and registrations for now.

This is used only on registrations via board. Not sure it's feasible to "stop" social media "registration". Will tale a look.

Thanks for the response.  Again, awesome work.  What about the other suggestion about getting an invite to a higher group membership level. Is that feasible?  I want VIP members to be able to invite, or vouch for other members to become VIP members, basically.

5 minutes ago, DanLemX said:

Thanks for the response.  Again, awesome work.  What about the other suggestion about getting an invite to a higher group membership level. Is that feasible?  I want VIP members to be able to invite, or vouch for other members to become VIP members, basically.

Not sure I follow. You mean promote to another group, other than the default one (usually Members)?

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm have a problem with members being able to see the ticket icon at the top. It seems only admin group can see the icon I think I selected all groups under the applications permissions.. I feel like I'm missing something obvious I just upgraded to 4.1 so still trying to find everything so I could have easily over looked something.

permissions.thumb.png.3d9feea2bbc94b09f9

4 hours ago, Steven Thacher said:

I'm have a problem with members being able to see the ticket icon at the top. It seems only admin group can see the icon I think I selected all groups under the applications permissions.. I feel like I'm missing something obvious I just upgraded to 4.1 so still trying to find everything so I could have easily over looked something.

permissions.thumb.png.3d9feea2bbc94b09f9

You are in the wrong place. You have to go to Members -> Groups and give permission to each group. You are on Applications trying to set permission in the app module.

Take a look in the last screenshot of the file.

• 3 weeks later...