Invite System

30 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I have turned off everything except this app and that's when I get the error.  If I turn it off, registration works fine.

Well, this is one of those funny issues. If this worked until "yesterday", why it stopped working "today"? A script is supposed to do exacly the same thing for the rest of its life, unless something has changed. Did something new happened there? Cuatom fields settings? Plugin? Template edit? Any setting (from IPS4) you changed lately?

I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to reproduce this. Anyway, take a look on your logs and see if there's something there.

I'll be able to test this in two days. Out in a travel now.

EDIT: According to the image, the invitation is not even required. Not sure why it would mess the registration.

Edited by Adriano Faria

Honestly, I'm not sure if it ever worked on the registration page.  As you noted, it's not a required field.  I had it on one site and the host determined the app was causing an issue with the site and I uninstalled it.  After I upgraded another site I tried it there.  I used to get 1 - 3 registrations a day.  After I upgraded I got 0.  I let it go for over a week thinking it was the new look, but that should not have mattered to new users.  So I turned off everything and turned things on one at a time, and this was the only thing that stopped registrations.

I'll be happy to share my logs, what do you need me to get (and where do I get them?)?

Thanks

9 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Honestly, I'm not sure if it ever worked on the registration page.  As you noted, it's not a required field.  I had it on one site and the host determined the app was causing an issue with the site and I uninstalled it.  After I upgraded another site I tried it there.  I used to get 1 - 3 registrations a day.  After I upgraded I got 0.  I let it go for over a week thinking it was the new look, but that should not have mattered to new users.  So I turned off everything and turned things on one at a time, and this was the only thing that stopped registrations.

Wow, this is bad. I think this topic would be flooded with it if it were an issue.

You see logs on ACP -> System -> System logs or something like that. 

Send via PM.

Edited by Adriano Faria
10 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Sorry, I was just trying to help by reporting an error I had.  I'll be happy to uninstall it.

I didn't ask you to do that. :o

Btw, among other errors on search and logout, I found something from my hook:

Mon, 28 Dec 2015 20:20:00 +0000 (Severity: 2)
XXX.XXX.XXX.XX - http://www.pathlabtalk.com/forum/index.php?/register/
UnderflowException
0: 
#0 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/init.php(434) : eval()'d code(107): IPS\Db\_Select->first()
#1 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(104): IPS\core\modules\front\system\invite_hook_is_registerScreen::_createMember(Array)
#2 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->IPS\core\modules\front\system\{closure}(Array)
#3 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/system/Helpers/Wizard/Wizard.php(156): call_user_func(Object(Closure), Array)
#4 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/front/system/register.php(158): IPS\Helpers\_Wizard->__toString()
#5 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register->manage()
#6 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/init.php(434) : eval()'d code(17): call_user_func_array('parent::manage', Array)
#7 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(94): IPS\core\modules\front\system\nexus_hook_register->manage()
#8 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/pathlabt/public_html/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

I'll take a look.

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

@Martin1980, @Chris Bell, @JiigSaaw, @socceronly and everybody else interested on this app, I'm planning an upgrade soon.

I know you all made suggestion but it is all spread out on the topic. Can you make a list with that suggestion and send via PM? It's easier to track.

Thank you.

Nice to hear, this is your list:

If anyone think i've missed something, tell us what :)

@Adriano Faria All suggest with post link ;)

Thank you !

On 29-12-2015 at 0:24 PM, Adriano Faria said:

@Martin1980, @Chris Bell, @JiigSaaw, @socceronly and everybody else interested on this app, I'm planning an upgrade soon.

I know you all made suggestion but it is all spread out on the topic. Can you make a list with that suggestion and send via PM? It's easier to track.

Thank you.

Please check the post above me with all the recommendations :)

On 30-12-2015 at 1:31 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Yes, that's a very big and impressive list of recommendations. :frantics:

I'll surely will add some of them; not all. When I try them I'll send PMs to the user who suggested, if any doubt appears.

Could you let us know which features will be added and which not? :)

@Adriano Faria

Thank you Adriano,
* for me it was important to be able to import an external list db (excel, cvs etc....) to invite
(i know we have n ow the ability to import a list; but not invite)
*the ability to control the distribution load; i other words my smtp server is restricted to sending only 500 email per hour;
a 10k list distribution will than fail if it all went out at once; some controls on this part would be nice,

Hi @Adriano Faria,

This looks like the perfect mod! However, I depend on one feature that @JiigSaaw also mentioned, and I would be very greatful if you considered it for a future version.

I'm in need of an option to invite users to groups. When users accepts their invite, they will be upgraded to a group specified in the ACP. I intend to use it for group upgrades only, and leave registration open as it is today.

Do you think this will be a valuable expansion to your fine product? I will certainly be your new customer :)

Edited by NorCan
9 hours ago, Martin1980 said:

Hmm. This can be done through the rules app as well? May I suggest to make a closer integration with the rules app? :)  

It's a bad idea for those don't need this APP. You are saying that if we need this functionnality, we must install, purchase a big app from another developer.

And i don't speak about high performance impact for adding this new app for just one rule.