Forms Support

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey @Mike John,

I'm currently using two forms on my website. When people fill them out everything works the way it should, except when I want to view the various logs. The logs appear to be empty. I can see which form the log is for, who submitted it, and when. But the actual contents don't show.. I can reply, and export them, but when I export them they only show the date, name and which form it is.

1715054503_FormsLogs.thumb.png.480fbe6aac54a61b8fc46b3b608c94fd.png

On 12/24/2018 at 6:04 AM, WG Mojo said:

Hi @Mike John I've just updated to the latest version of forms and it appears that "Redirect to topic" is no longer working. Is this a known issue? It just directs the user to the message page instead of the topic. I'm on the latest version of IPS.

No other reports yet but have logged a bug report for the next version. Do you have ftp access to your ipb files? If so, might be able to provide a patch in the meantime.

On 1/2/2019 at 4:08 AM, Jari Langerak said:

Hey @Mike John,

I'm currently using two forms on my website. When people fill them out everything works the way it should, except when I want to view the various logs. The logs appear to be empty. I can see which form the log is for, who submitted it, and when. But the actual contents don't show.. I can reply, and export them, but when I export them they only show the date, name and which form it is.

When you edit your form, what have you filled in for the "Log Message" field? If it's empty, it will record empty logs like that.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a form set up to go to both myself and a member of my team. I have it set so anyone can submit the form, including guests. I am having two issues with it:

Guest's E-mail Address is not the Reply Address in the E-mail

When a GUEST submits the form, the reply address in the resulting e-mail is the e-mail address of the admin, and NOT the e-mail address of the guest, even if the guest provides their e-mail address in the e-mail address in the form.

Is there a way to make the form so that when a GUEST submits it, the reply address in the e-mail is that of the guest, as provided on the form?

Captcha Not Displaying

In the ACP --> Members --> Groups --> Guests --> Forms I have the settings for guests to NOT bypass Captcha, but on the forms Captcha is not displaying, even though it displays properly on my registration form.

Is there something else I need to do for the forms to include Captcha?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Mike John!

I've this problem in version 1.3.0:

UPDATE `form_fields` form_fields  SET `field_options`='["","VENDO","COMPRO"]',`field_toggles_on`='',`field_toggles_off`='',`field_toggles[]`=NULL,`field_toggles`='{"0":[],"VENDO":[],"COMPRO":[],"SCAMBIO":[]}',`field_multiple`=false,`field_required`=true WHERE field_id=6 
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'field_toggles[]' in 'field list' (1054)
#0 /home/xxx/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php(990): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('UPDATE `form_fi...', Array)
#1 /home/xxx/public_html/forum/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(492): IPS\_Db->update('form_fields', Array, Array)
#2 /home/xxx/public_html/forum/system/Node/Model.php(2219): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /home/xxx/public_html/forum/system/Node/Model.php(3002): IPS\Node\_Model->save()
#4 /home/xxx/public_html/forum/system/Node/Controller.php(413): IPS\Node\_Model->saveForm(Array)
#5 /home/xxx/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\Node\_Controller->form()
#6 /home/xxx/public_html/forum/system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/xxx/public_html/forum/applications/form/modules/admin/form/forms.php(38): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/xxx/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\form\modules\admin\form\_forms->execute()
#9 /home/xxx/public_html/forum/xxx/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

How I can fix it? I've only deleted one option from a select box...

Thanks
Fabio

Edited by Fabio Maiorana
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2019 at 7:32 PM, Bendensin said:

Is there a way to make the form so that when a GUEST submits it, the reply address in the e-mail is that of the guest, as provided on the form? 

Do you have anything set for this field?

SSA6H4I.png

On 1/19/2019 at 7:32 PM, Bendensin said:

In the ACP --> Members --> Groups --> Guests --> Forms I have the settings for guests to NOT bypass Captcha, but on the forms Captcha is not displaying, even though it displays properly on my registration form.

And just to confirm the form "submit wait time" setting also says "use group permissions"?

On 1/28/2019 at 11:38 AM, Wolf said:

Uploaded files are inaccessible. They don't show up in the files section either, but the file name is displayed in the PM received.

I'm sorry but not sure if this is a problem downloading the files or with the Forms app on your board? If the former, can you check with IPS as I don't have much control with how the ips marketplace works. If the later, can you let me know on what page your getting this error so I can try and reproduce?

On 2/2/2019 at 12:19 AM, Fabio Maiorana said:

i've updated Forms to the latest version but the problem is still here. Any clue?

Can you please update to the latest version again? This was fixed recently as part of the IP.Board 4.4 update as well.

On 2/28/2019 at 1:30 AM, Wicked007 said:

Hi @Mike John i have sent a PM concerning still having problems after the updated version.

Will reply shortly.

7 hours ago, Michael R said:

Is there a way to remove the editor buttons and insert media for a specific form?

Buttons are restricted to editor areas only I believe. So I'm not sure I can set individual forms. Do you need attachments in these forms? I believe disabling attachments will remove the entire insert media row along with attachments.

1 hour ago, Mike John said:

Will reply shortly.

Buttons are restricted to editor areas only I believe. So I'm not sure I can set individual forms. Do you need attachments in these forms? I believe disabling attachments will remove the entire insert media row along with attachments.

I am using this for a contact form. I would like to eliminate as many format buttons as possible -- including attachments.