RC5?

Square Wheels

​I do, if you don't feel free to not participate.  In the past Charles has responded when the releases were coming out.

​Going to the next RC should not be based on time but on the number and severity of the bugs that have been fixed since the last RC.   Let them clean up the bug list some more first. 

Today?  Tomorrow?

It sure would be great to get rid of all of these emails from new posts that need approving.

​Respectfully, there is a reason why it's called a Release Candidate and not advisable to be used on live sites. Stuff like this will happen. If the team needs to be preoccupied with packaging and releasing incremental upgrades long before they are ready just to assist with customers who upgraded prematurely, the efficiency and progress would be slashed significantly. I'm totally sympathetic and perhaps we can try to help you manage the issues without requiring the release.

Agreed with everyone else here.

Mostly seems the RCs are being released right now only to appease the ones that are impatient for them, and not that it's being released because bugs were actually fixed. 

LET THEM FIX THE BUGS! There are a lot of them, and I would rather a rock stable product and that simple bugs are fixed rather than just rushing this thing (pff a simple bug like hovering the product image in Commerce - the hover pop-up doesn't disappear; how something so simple is still not fixed...amongst other basic things)

We could have RC100. What's the point if they are all unstable/buggy.

IMO I think they should go with what they are doing as weekly sprints by repeating releases of reported bugs fixed by iteration. Knowing all the bugs will not be fixed, at least they can detect regression.

Doing a more robust release at later stage will have the potential risks of missing all the client tests or bugs they have marked as fixed but could have broken other modules which I hope not but they may be the ones they haven't seen them coming. If it is the case, it may be much harder and time consuming to fix them and could delay final release.

So either today or later, but I like to have it weekly if they can.

I don't understand why people think that when RCs come out that  they assume a release is coming out every week. They have countless bugs that one have not been adressed or two in the process of being fixed. Let them do their job and fix the bugs so we can have final before the end of the month

I am unsure why there is a problem in releasing current code base at any particular time.   Fix one bug, commit it to the repository, allow builds to be built from there, so we always have the latest code base.   Why wait for X number of bugs to be stomped before release?

To heck with RC5...Skip it, focus on these bugs and go straight to V4.0 ready to roll. :poke:

I would like to go with it before the month is out :thumbsup:

​Final version willn't be released in this month, be sure :)

And people wait a new RC, because there are some bugs important waiting be fixed and re-testing. When they say "fixed" as i have reported a bug, still not fixed after two RC releases and i don't know why this marked "fixed" if this isn't fixed. So me too, i wait a new RC released if these bugs are fixed REALLY or not... or this will be fixed before final...

I don't understand why people think that when RCs come out that  they assume a release is coming out every week. They have countless bugs that one have not been adressed or two in the process of being fixed. Let them do their job and fix the bugs so we can have final before the end of the month

​I don't want a release too soon either, but to be fair, they said there would be a RC every few days.

They also said it would be finished well over a year ago. Deadlines/timescales change. People should be used to this with IPS now. 

​I rather wait for a 100% working product than a half made product with LOTS of bugs and errors! 

Have you realised the change in forum category and subforum design ? Now these topics are moved to  Product Feedback from IPS Community Suite 4.0 forum which is now a category..

Something is close for sure and now bugs only 4 pages..

​I don't want a release too soon either, but to be fair, they said there would be a RC every few days.

What's that saying "Can't rush perfection" I understand it was suppose to be released last year but I look at it this way. They aren't ( or not ) vBulletin that sends their software out with so many holes that it should be renamed to swiss bulletin. This is why I choose IPS over vB any day

What's that saying "Can't rush perfection" I understand it was suppose to be released last year but I look at it this way. They aren't ( or not ) vBulletin that sends their software out with so many holes that it should be renamed to swiss bulletin. This is why I choose IPS over vB any day

​I understand that and I agree, I'm just saying that that's the reason people are making those "next RC soon?" topics.

Archived