Upgrade from IP. 3.4.x to IPS4.0 (updated)

4 minutes ago, Woodsman said:

At this point it sounds more like a sever issue getting the same errors

Yes, it is server issue, but server is busy because of some big queries from ip.board software (wrote about it on previous page). Maybe it is rebuilding indexes...

I dont know what it is, I cannot change or fix it. I can only create ticket to support (do it) and write here :( 

15 minutes ago, russur said:

Yes, it is server issue, but server is busy because of some big queries from ip.board software (wrote about it on previous page). Maybe it is rebuilding indexes...

I dont know what it is, I cannot change or fix it. I can only create ticket to support (do it) and write here :( 

Email your host and have them look at the error page. They should be able to figure this for you. Make sure your host is also running MySQL 5.6 for innodb

Thanks a lot, solve all my troubles last evening/night:

1. using .htaccess allow connections only from my IP

2. system - search - set "30 days ago" and press "rebuild search index". Index was created very fast. It is temporally.

3. Allow all connections using .htaccess

4. Upgrade MySQL to 5.6

5. Convert tables to InnoDB

6. Set caching with Xcache

Now, i`m happy ^_^  Working fast.

For the future, will try to build big search index (my community is 11 years old, about 1,5 millions posts) ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

PHP setting suhosin.max_vars is set to . This can cause problems in some areas. We recommended a value of 4096 or above. You should contact your hosting provider or system administrator to ask for this to be changed

I do not use suhosin on my test sites but this seems to be another issue you have on this test site. Whether this is directly related is unsure so I think you  may need to contact your hosting provider about both errors.

Unfortunately previous 3rd party 3.4.x Skin themes, Mods, Hooks and Applications will not work with IPS 4.0 and above due to the new framework.

You will need to contact the 3rd party developers and designers to see if what you need has been upgraded. 

• 1 month later...

Hello, help to solve the problem on my test forum.

After running the task, the conversion takes less than 2 seconds and crashesee91f4fd93934a83b4ce832f1480ad15.png

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'IS NULL ORDER BY msg_id DESC LIMIT 0,50' at line 1
SELECT * FROM `ibf_core_message_posts` AS `core_message_posts` WHERE msg_id < IS NULL ORDER BY msg_id DESC LIMIT 0,50
 | File                                                                       | Function                                                                      | Line No.          |
 |----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|
 | /system/Db/Db.php                                                          | [IPS\Db\_Exception].__construct                                               | 388               |
 '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
 | /system/Db/Select.php                                                      | [IPS\_Db].preparedQuery                                                       | 346               |
 '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
 | /system/Db/Select.php                                                      | [IPS\Db\_Select].runQuery                                                     | 408               |
 |                                                                            | [IPS\Db\_Select].rewind                                                       |                   |
 | /applications/core/extensions/core/Queue/RebuildPosts.php                  | [IteratorIterator].rewind                                                     | 98                |
 | /system/Task/Task.php                                                      | [IPS\core\extensions\core\Queue\_RebuildPosts].run                            | 48                |
 | /applications/core/modules/admin/system/background.php                     | [IPS\_Task].runQueue                                                          | 76                |
 |                                                                            | [IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_background].IPS\core\modules\admin\system\{closure}|                   |
 | /system/Helpers/MultipleRedirect/MultipleRedirect.php                      | [].call_user_func                                                             | 93                |
 | /applications/core/modules/admin/system/background.php                     | [IPS\Helpers\_MultipleRedirect].__construct                                   | 122               |
 |                                                                            | [IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_background].process                           |                   |
 | /system/Dispatcher/Controller.php                                          | [].call_user_func                                                             | 85                |
 | /applications/core/modules/admin/system/background.php                     | [IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller].execute                                          | 33                |
 | /system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php                                          | [IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_background].execute                           | 129               |
 | /admin/index.php                                                           | [IPS\_Dispatcher].run                                                         | 13                |

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2016 at 3:59 AM, leonovich_J said:

Hello, help to solve the problem on my test forum.

After running the task, the conversion takes less than 2 seconds and crashesee91f4fd93934a83b4ce832f1480ad15.png

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'IS NULL ORDER BY msg_id DESC LIMIT 0,50' at line 1
SELECT * FROM `ibf_core_message_posts` AS `core_message_posts` WHERE msg_id < IS NULL ORDER BY msg_id DESC LIMIT 0,50
 | File                                                                       | Function                                                                      | Line No.          |
 |----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|
 | /system/Db/Db.php                                                          | [IPS\Db\_Exception].__construct                                               | 388               |
 | /system/Db/Select.php                                                      | [IPS\_Db].preparedQuery                                                       | 346               |
 | /system/Db/Select.php                                                      | [IPS\Db\_Select].runQuery                                                     | 408               |
 |                                                                            | [IPS\Db\_Select].rewind                                                       |                   |
 | /applications/core/extensions/core/Queue/RebuildPosts.php                  | [IteratorIterator].rewind                                                     | 98                |
 | /system/Task/Task.php                                                      | [IPS\core\extensions\core\Queue\_RebuildPosts].run                            | 48                |
 | /applications/core/modules/admin/system/background.php                     | [IPS\_Task].runQueue                                                          | 76                |
 |                                                                            | [IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_background].IPS\core\modules\admin\system\{closure}|                   |
 | /system/Helpers/MultipleRedirect/MultipleRedirect.php                      | [].call_user_func                                                             | 93                |
 | /applications/core/modules/admin/system/background.php                     | [IPS\Helpers\_MultipleRedirect].__construct                                   | 122               |
 |                                                                            | [IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_background].process                           |                   |
 | /system/Dispatcher/Controller.php                                          | [].call_user_func                                                             | 85                |
 | /applications/core/modules/admin/system/background.php                     | [IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller].execute                                          | 33                |
 | /system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php                                          | [IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_background].execute                           | 129               |
 | /admin/index.php                                                           | [IPS\_Dispatcher].run                                                         | 13                |

I would open a ticket with Support if you haven't already as it appears there is incompatible syntax in the upgrader related to your use of MariaDB.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 8:39 AM, HomerSimpson said:

Do not try this tutorial , you will kill your board 

What didn't work for you?

For so many this tutorial was very helpful and a small few had trouble.
What is more curious are those who missed a step or just thought some steps were unnecessary ended up in trouble.

Funny -

is there any checklist or advice on what ACP settings to double check after the upgrade to V4 ?

In the beginning of the up grade there is a check list showing pass, fail or FYI.

Edited by Woodsman

• 1 month later...

I'm getting closer and closer to feeling ready to do this.

There's a lot of info in this thread. Is there a post I should be looking for that compiles most of it, or should I make sure to go through all 20 pages? 

My biggest area of need is a tutorial to convert myISAM tables to Innodb.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:39 PM, Morgin said:

I'm getting closer and closer to feeling ready to do this.

There's a lot of info in this thread. Is there a post I should be looking for that compiles most of it, or should I make sure to go through all 20 pages? 

My biggest area of need is a tutorial to convert myISAM tables to Innodb.

The first page of this article should get you on your way just fine. Remember though to always make a backup of both your site and database just in case anything goes south on you.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

• 2 months later...
On 22/10/2015 at 9:28 AM, Ibragim Pupkevich said:

Did anyone face following error message during Upgrade from 3.4 to 4.1? Is this one critical?

lang_not_exists____app_cms 
C:\Winginx\home\localhost\public_html\system\Lang\Lang.php::657

BLOB/TEXT column 'a_short' used in key specification without a key length 
C:\Winginx\home\localhost\public_html/applications/core/setup/upg_101001/queries.json - query #2

I got this error on a client's board.

Any idea?

Capturar.png

EDIT: I got same error if I try to change column definition on DB:

Capturar.png

Edited by Adriano Faria

6 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I got this error on a client's board.

Any idea?

Capturar.png

EDIT: I got same error if I try to change column definition on DB:

Capturar.png

Anyone from IPS support: does the client needs to submit a ticket to update his test board ? He doesn't want to update the main board before test it on a test install.

@Jim M @Rhett @Mark H, etc.