Upgrade from IP. 3.4.x to IPS4.0 (updated)

hello, I try to upgrade my forum in localhost.

everything seems find until I got this error on upgrade process :

Table 'ipb.ipb_core_view_updates' doesn't exist
C:\UniServerZ\www\community/applications/core/setup/upg_101019/queries.json - query #2

TRUNCATE `ipb_core_view_updates`

any clue? How should I do? is it save to continue the upgrade?

I have also received this message and it is due to the table not being there. Go ahead and hit continue and it will be created. The rest of the install should then be fine.

On Wednesday, December 23, 2015 at 4:43 AM, Richard-023 said:

Hello,

I just upgraded our forum from 3.4.8 to 4.1.5.2.

I did run the convert tool with succes, and then runned the GetReadyforips tool and everything whas green, so good to go.

Removed all the old hooks, skin, language pack etc..

Then i uploaded everything and performed the upgrade, got 1 issue,

''Table 'nld_farmers_nl.nld_farmerscore_view_updates' doesn't exist 
/customers/7/0/5/nld-farmers.nl/httpd.www/applications/core/setup/upg_101019/queries.json - query #2
TRUNCATE `nld_farmerscore_view_updates`''

I hit the try again button same error come up. Then i hit the continue button en upgraded whas finished. Now i checked my forum and everything looks fine. All the Members, topics, downloads and gallery looks fine and everything is there.

Now i would like to now if this error (issue) is okay or if there is gone something wrong and i need to do everything over..

I hope you understand (my english is not the best) and someone can reply.

Kind regards, Richard

• 4 weeks later...

Hello ! :)

Can you tell me how I can check if the database conversion to UTF-8 worked ?

I visited my web site's different topics to see if they loaded well and without any errors, I looked at the size of the database to see if it was about the same as before, and I ran a check in phpmyadmin. What else can I do ?

Does IPB 3.4.9 have tools to check the conversion to UTF-8 and the upgrade to IPB 4 ?

Thank you. :)

Anyone have an idea on this one?

Table 'forum_test.ibf_cms_page_menu' doesn't exist

/xxxxxx/test/httpdocs/system/Db/Select.php:402

SELECT * FROM `ibf_cms_page_menu` AS `cms_page_menu`

I looked in /var/lib/mysql/test/ and that table does not exist.  

I'm trying to upgrade a 3.4.9 forum to the latest 4.1.7.

Edited by xplanedotorg

I'm using MAMP on OSX. I exported the database and imported it locally. Created the same DB username and password as on my production forum. I then copied the entire /forums directory from my production site to my MAMP server's htdocs folder. 

I edited conf_global.php to change the board_url to "http://localhost/forums". I left the DB name, username and pass all the same as these didn't change. 

When I try to hit http://localhost/forums/admin/ (or just /forums/, or anything else) I get a 500 error. What am I missing or doing wrong?

EDIT: I figured it out. Looks like MAMP was trying to use PHP 7.0.0 by default. Switched it to 5.6.10 and then it worked. Well, I at least got the database error... so that's a start. 

Edited by ModSquadHockey

From others who have moved over to php 7 the consensus was favorable. It is possible it is just a fluke with Mamp. I really can't offer anymore on this not using the product. I am not sure if Wamp or Xampp are compatible with your system either.

You say you received a database error. What was it? Are you now able to access the front end and admin panel?

Hello,

Maybe somebody can help me. We did the upgrade and everything went well, about an hour later (and with nothing changed from our side) all the css was gone and it's just loading in text mode. There are a lot of background processes still running, so I am not sure if I need to wait it out. Any ideas?

5 hours ago, Jirinex said:

Hello,

Maybe somebody can help me. We did the upgrade and everything went well, about an hour later (and with nothing changed from our side) all the css was gone and it's just loading in text mode. There are a lot of background processes still running, so I am not sure if I need to wait it out. Any ideas?

CSS Shouldn't be vanished while the background processes run.

Please submit a ticket and i'll take  a look :)

• 2 weeks later...

baseURL: "//teamuscellular.com/Forum2/",

jsURL: "//teamuscellular.com/Forum2/applications/core/interface/js/js.php",

I'm seeing this in my code and obviously throwing off my CSS and interface because missing "http:".  Where would I edit this?  I've looked in phpMyAdmin but can't find a thing

• 2 weeks later...

Just did a clean install and now I am having trouble integrating the database.  The install created new tables in the database but kept the old ones so I need to merge/integrate/convert the old tables into the new ones.  Tried to do it through upgrade but that didn't work.

Is there anything that I did wrong and is there a way to fix it?

• 1 month later...

Originally thought my issue was an 3 to 4 upgrade problem but when I back tracked today I discovered my local 3.X clone had the same issue. Running on MAMP, ioncube installed. To verify the environment I have both a vanilla 3.x and 4.x install running on the same server with no issues. Did a reinstall of my production system using the step by step instructions in this thread still end up with access to the ACP and the forum homepage, but when I try any forum I get  "requested URL /test_p15d24ph_forum/forum/4-p15-d24-forum/ was not found on this server."  I'm stumped at this point.  I guess next try is re-download files from my production server and try again. Looking for suggestions. 

Ok I identified the problem, hopefully someone can tell me how to fix it! For example the URL being requested is: http://localhost/test_p15d24ph_forum/forum/4-p15-d24-forum/ and it results in an error. However if I add index.php in the URL it works correctly for example: http://localhost/test_p15d24ph_forum/index.php/forum/4-p15-d24-forum/

I'm assuming this is a config issue somewhere so I hoping someone can get me pointed to the right file(s) for a fix. 

Sorry I was gone for an extended weekend.

Are you upgrading from 3.4 to 4.1.10?

What browser are you using to test with?

If you test with a different browser what happens?

Are you using SSL?

Please post a link or PM me with it.

I had an issue after the 4.1.10 that gave me hell for a bit with old browser cache and cookies.