Mail Bouncer - Automated Bounce Management

• 2 months later...

I installed and setup Amazon SES and ditched SendGrid including removing the integration. However, I now have this warning message that I can't seem to get rid of:

"Mail Bouncer had an issue connecting to your SendGrid API. Please make sure that your SendGrid API key is correct and grants full permission to 'Mail Settings > Event Notification' and 'Suppressions > Suppressions'."

7 hours ago, kotaco said:

I installed and setup Amazon SES and ditched SendGrid including removing the integration. However, I now have this warning message that I can't seem to get rid of:

"Mail Bouncer had an issue connecting to your SendGrid API. Please make sure that your SendGrid API key is correct and grants full permission to 'Mail Settings > Event Notification' and 'Suppressions > Suppressions'."

If your SendGrid API key is still populated in the SendGrid integration it'll still try to use it and check the web hook is configured properly - For example, you might still want to process bounces in response to a newsletter you've sent via a different platform without sending your Invision Community email via the same method.

If you temporarily enable the integration and then remove the API key, it'll stop trying to use SendGrid.

I will add a decay for the error messages to the next release so they'll eventually vanish.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2022 at 6:54 PM, CheersnGears said:

In for the 4.7 compatibility notice

It seems fine in my testing, PHP 8 compatibiity is the biggest issue in 3rd party resources and those issues were addressed in a previous release.

There is a small update coming however where I'll set the compatibility for 4.7

Just now, stoo2000 said:

It seems fine in my testing, PHP 8 compatibiity is the biggest issue in 3rd party resources and those issues were addressed in a previous release.

There is a small update coming however where I'll set the compatibility for 4.7

Thanks.

I don't update major releases until I get confirmation that all of my apps and plug-ins are marked compatible.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Your Invision Community 4 is ready

The upgrade process is now complete and your Invision Community is now ready!

We are currently in the process of migrating our platform from PHP7 to PHP8 in order to provide you with the greatest level of performance and security. We've identified and disabled one or more Applications or Plugins currently installed on your site which contain PHP8 incompatible code. To re-enable, you will have to upgrade to a PHP8 compatible version. Refer to the AdminCP Support page for more info.

The following third party applications were disabled:

• bouncer
22 hours ago, sobrenome said:

Your Invision Community 4 is ready

The upgrade process is now complete and your Invision Community is now ready!

We are currently in the process of migrating our platform from PHP7 to PHP8 in order to provide you with the greatest level of performance and security. We've identified and disabled one or more Applications or Plugins currently installed on your site which contain PHP8 incompatible code. To re-enable, you will have to upgrade to a PHP8 compatible version. Refer to the AdminCP Support page for more info.

The following third party applications were disabled:

• bouncer

The update for this has just gone out!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/21/2022 at 4:56 PM, AlexWebsites said:

For some reason, when I have Bouncer enabled, my newsletters will not send from the app below. Happening for a few weeks. Anyone have the same issue?

On 12/27/2022 at 5:39 AM, AlexWebsites said:

I was having a /usr/sbin/mysqld spike to over 100% CPU under my server processes. I had to kill it to stop it but it would creep back up. I checked a slow query log and nothing. Disabled bouncer and the issue is gone. Any ideas? MYSQL 8, using Amazon SES

I haven't had any reports of either things being an issue. Bouncer doesn't really run any complex database queries so I'm not sure why you would be seeing an issue like high CPU usage.

Please create a ticket here: https://ipb.silvesterwebdesigns.com/support (you will need to register if you haven't already). Make sure you include as much information about the issue as possible and provide an FTP/AdminCP login.

• 7 months later...

Hello, 

Long story short, Sparkpost stopped working for a few days (CC was hacked and got blocked)... in the meantimes, almost every email address of my members were flagged as "disabled"

Could contain: Chart, Pie Chart

and users see this:

Could contain: Page, Text, Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware

My sparkpost account is now re-established, but users still get this message and I see now way in the AdminCP to mass correct this??!?

What could I do to fix this? (I'm on a cloud subscription).

Thanks,

That blue bar is only a warning, it'll self-dismiss in around 72 hours after the last bounce.

The graph only shows the difference in those that have been blocked, this doesn't encompass all of your members. However, the easiest way to reset would be to uninstall the app and re-install it. This will delete any data the app stores.

Sparkpost will still maintain its own blocklist, so eventually the app will catch up again when new emails are sent but this may also impact your sending reputation.

• 1 month later...

I'm pleased to announce that you can now transfer your Marketplace purchase to my website, this gives you access to downloads, billing and technical support all in one place.

If your purchase is expired or nearing expiry, a renewal invoice will be generated for you.