Mail Bouncer - Automated Bounce Management

On 7/4/2021 at 11:17 AM, pequeno said:

Hello. Mailbounced seems work fine in 4.6 but now I have warning message in my Admin account, and I can´t remove the account in ACP from warned.

How can I remove admin account from warned accounts?

Thanks.

I'm not quite understanding what the issue is, if you can create a support ticket I will gladly have a look for you.

18 hours ago, Fast Lane! said:

Any timeline on when this will this be updated to support 4.6?  Thank you!

Yes, a 4.6 certified version should be available soon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2021 at 8:21 PM, pequeno said:

My admin in warned:

1074216677_adminmailbouncedwarning.thumb.png.40d0cacb6eae1d7902acac2041452fb3.png

How to remove it.

Warnings are automatically removed after a few days if the bounces stop

On 7/15/2021 at 6:00 AM, AlexWebsites said:

What's the ETA on this and can the current version be used on 4.6.4 without issue? 

Should be any time now, just waiting for it to be approved.

There are not any changes specifically for 4.6, so you should be fine to use the current version if you already have it installed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My community suffered some MySQL server lock timeout caused by these queries:

/*ips4::user::IPS\_Email::send:117*/ UPDATE `core_mail_error_logs` core_mail_error_logs SET `mlog_notification_sent`=1 

It had 9268 TRX_ROWS_LOCKED. 

My community was very slow for logged users. Slow to post and slow to browse.

I have disabled MAIL BOUNCER and enabled it again. The issue was gone. It would be nice to take a look at it. Thanks.

Hello, I have updated to php 8 and I am getting this error:

[Wed Sep 08 11:03:20.893872 2021] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 1651:tid 281472812437904] [client 10.0.1.102:53118] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Declaration of IPS\\bouncer_hook_Email::send($to, $cc = [], $bcc = [], $fromEmail = null, $fromName = null, $additionalHeaders = [], $autoSubmitted = true) must be compatible with IPS\\_Email::send($to, $cc = [], $bcc = [], $fromEmail = null, $fromName = null, $additionalHeaders = [], $autoSubmitted = true, $updateAds = true) in /var/www/html/init.php(902) : eval()'d code on line 83', referer: https://mydomian.com/admin/?app=core&module=system&controller=login&error=&ref=

On 9/8/2021 at 10:07 AM, sobrenome said:

Hello, I have updated to php 8 and I am getting this error:

[Wed Sep 08 11:03:20.893872 2021] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 1651:tid 281472812437904] [client 10.0.1.102:53118] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Declaration of IPS\\bouncer_hook_Email::send($to, $cc = [], $bcc = [], $fromEmail = null, $fromName = null, $additionalHeaders = [], $autoSubmitted = true) must be compatible with IPS\\_Email::send($to, $cc = [], $bcc = [], $fromEmail = null, $fromName = null, $additionalHeaders = [], $autoSubmitted = true, $updateAds = true) in /var/www/html/init.php(902) : eval()'d code on line 83', referer: https://mydomian.com/admin/?app=core&module=system&controller=login&error=&ref=

I have the same error using php 8.

php error log shows:

[17-Sep-2021 12:33:06 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Declaration of IPS\bouncer_hook_Email::send($to, $cc = [], $bcc = [], $fromEmail = null, $fromName = null, $additionalHeaders = [], $autoSubmitted = true) must be compatible with IPS\_Email::send($to, $cc = [], $bcc = [], $fromEmail = null, $fromName = null, $additionalHeaders = [], $autoSubmitted = true, $updateAds = true) in /home/sss/public_html/init.php(902) : eval()'d code on line 83

And the error is not on php 8 only. It occurs on php 7, but php 8 is less tolerant to errors as I read.

When I used Mail Bouncer on IPS 4.6 and php 7, my community was very slow for logged users.

On 9/1/2021 at 6:14 PM, sobrenome said:

My community was very slow for logged users. Slow to post and slow to browse.

I have disabled MAIL BOUNCER and enabled it again. The issue was gone. It would be nice to take a look at it. Thanks.

Here was the report.

The updated version is now available, thanks for your patience 🙂

4 hours ago, sobrenome said:

It locks the core_mail_error_logs table in an infinite loop.

That is not correct. As noted in our previous conversation about it, this was because your emails were failing to send through SES and a query Invision Community was running to update a flag on failed emails was taking a long time (due to the large number of failed emails).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...