Mail Bouncer - Automated Bounce Management

Just now, SJ77

Well that was a huge pain in the butt and there was no support given here.
BUT, I got it working and it's AWESOME. My reputation is now squeaky clean!!

For anyone willing to dive in and try to make this work with their Amazing SES account, the potential rewards are huge. It's worth it!!!

Thank you @stoo2000 !!!!!

image.thumb.png.b6b6bd87a2c7a97c6dd4a0a0e975f295.png

Nice! Now we just need Amazon SES API Sending instead of SMTP!

3 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

For anyone willing to dive in and try to make this work with their Amazing SES account, the potential rewards are huge. It's worth it!!!

I hope solved. @stoo2000 is is trying his best to make it work in Amazon SES, but we don't get it.

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 1:05 PM, SJ77 said:

You're more than welcome to contact me directly if you need help (as noted in the file support details). Especially whilst I've been travelling it's easier to respond to support tickets.

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 1:10 PM, pequeno said:

I hope solved. @stoo2000 is is trying his best to make it work in Amazon SES, but we don't get it.

Your issue is very odd. It's like Amazon isn't sending the notification data despite SNS being correctly configured. We'll continue to investigate though!

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2020 at 5:00 PM, stoo2000 said:

our issue is very odd. It's like Amazon isn't sending the notification data despite SNS being correctly configured. We'll continue to investigate though!

Hello, After nearly three months, we have solved the problem, thanks to the @stoo2000 invaluable help.

I must publicly thank to @stoo2000 for the support. Answering each email, and even contacting himself with Amazon support.

Finally It was a Cloudflare Firewall issue.
I must emphasize the dedication, interest and time spent by @stoo2000 all this time.
Thank you very much.

Brad Pitt Kiss GIF

2 minutes ago, pequeno said:

Hello, After nearly three months, we have solved the problem, thanks to the @stoo2000 invaluable help.

I must publicly thank to @stoo2000 for the support. Answering each email, and even contacting himself with Amazon support.

I must emphasize the dedication, interest and time spent by @stoo2000 all this time.
Thank you very much.

Brad Pitt Kiss GIF

Glad to hear. I use Cloudflare, what was the actual issue and fix? 

Hello @AlexWebsites I have activated Web Application Firewall. with this configuration:

Package: OWASP ModSecurity Core Rule Set - >Sensitivity:Medium -> Action:Challenge.

The CloudFlare Firewall block the notification to the endpoint. This is the Log:

25 Feb, 2020 23:31:03
Challenge
Ireland
WAF
Ray ID
56ad2093fb2f2973
Method
HTTP/1.1
Host
www.mywebsite.com
Path
/forum/applications/bouncer/interface/amazon/sns.php
Query string
Empty query string
User agent
Amazon Simple Notification Service Agent
IP address
ASN
AS16509 AMAZON-02
Country
Ireland
Service
WAF
Rule ID
OWASP Block (981176)
Rule message
Inbound Anomaly Score Exceeded (Total Score: 55, SQLi=6, XSS=15)
Rule group
OWASP Inbound Blocking
Action taken
Challenge
Export event JSON
Additional logs
07 · No description available		Log	WAF
03 · No description available		Log	WAF
900001 · No description available	OWASP Setup	Log	WAF
900002 · No description available	OWASP Setup	Log	WAF
900006 · No description available	OWASP Setup	Log	WAF
900012 · No description available	OWASP Setup	Log	WAF
960010 · Request content type is not allowed by policy	OWASP HTTP Policy	Log	WAF
960015 · Request Missing an Accept Header	OWASP Protocol Anomalies	Log	WAF
960024 · Meta-Character Anomaly Detection Alert - Repetative Non-Word Characters	OWASP Generic Attacks	Log	WAF
950120 · Possible Remote File Inclusion (RFI) Attack: Off-Domain Reference/Link	OWASP Generic Attacks	Log	WAF
981133 · Prequalify PM	OWASP Generic Attacks	Log	WAF
981305 · SQL from	OWASP SQL Injection Attacks	Log	WAF
981257 · Detects MySQL comment-/space-obfuscated injections and backtick termination	OWASP SQL Injection Attacks	Log	WAF
981245 · Detects basic SQL authentication bypass attempts 2/3	OWASP SQL Injection Attacks	Log	WAF
981242 · Detects classic SQL injection probings 1/2	OWASP SQL Injection Attacks	Log	WAF
981246 · Detects basic SQL authentication bypass attempts 3/3	OWASP SQL Injection Attacks	Log	WAF
981243 · Detects classic SQL injection probings 2/2	OWASP SQL Injection Attacks	Log	WAF
uri-981136 · Check simple XSS patterns	OWASP Uri XSS Attacks	Log	WAF
981136 · Check simple XSS patterns	OWASP XSS Attacks	Log	WAF
973333 · IE XSS Filters - Attack Detected	OWASP XSS Attacks	Log	WAF
973344 · IE XSS Filters - Attack Detected	OWASP XSS Attacks	Log	WAF
973332 · IE XSS Filters - Attack Detected	OWASP XSS Attacks	Log	WAF
2000000 · Skip Joomla Rules	OWASP Slr Et Joomla Attacks	Log	WAF
2000001 · Skip LFI Rules	OWASP Slr Et Lfi Attacks	Log	WAF
2000004 · Skip SQLi Rules	OWASP Slr Et SQLi Attacks	Log	WAF
2000006 · Skip XSS Rules	OWASP Slr Et XSS Attacks	Log	WAF

The solution is create a Bypass Rule for the Firewall. In my case:

Cloudflare_Bypass_Rule.thumb.png.74e00e994414b9e6005fb25390da184d.png

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 11:52 PM, pequeno said:

Thank you very much.

Brad Pitt Kiss GIF

Thank you! It was definitely frustrating. Cloudflare was letting some traffic through to the endpoint, so it was showing communication with AWS was working, but it was only blocking the bounce notifications!

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 7:10 PM, pequeno said:

Hello @stoo2000, I don't know if you plan to include other services. If you allow me, I think Mailjet should be included.

Thanks.

Like everything else, it would depend on demand. I'm not interested in writing and maintaining code that 1 or 2 sites are going to use. SES was worthwhile because it's seemingly quite popular here.

On 3/3/2020 at 3:47 PM, stoo2000 said:

Like everything else, it would depend on demand. I'm not interested in writing and maintaining code that 1 or 2 sites are going to use. SES was worthwhile because it's seemingly quite popular here.

I understand it and it is completely comprehensive. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/8/2014 at 12:58 PM, stoo2000 said:

Amazon SES/SNS

Setting up Amazon SES/SNS is a more involved process, you will be responsible for configuring SNS and ensuring that it is functional and sending data to the Mail Bouncer SNS endpoint (details displayed after app installation).

Hello, I have the app already installed. How can I access the details for configure Amazon SES? Thanks.

On 2/25/2020 at 8:52 PM, pequeno said:

Maybe I will have the same issue you had. Could please tell what Cloudflare firewall setting had to be changed? Thanks.

On 2/25/2020 at 9:05 PM, pequeno said:

The solution is create a Bypass Rule for the Firewall. In my case:

Now I see. Thanks a lot for sharing.

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 4:04 AM, sobrenome said:

Hello, I have the app already installed. How can I access the details for configure Amazon SES? Thanks.

Maybe I will have the same issue you had. Could please tell what Cloudflare firewall setting had to be changed? Thanks.

Now I see. Thanks a lot for sharing.

The endpoint URL for SNS is displayed on the statistics page of the app. You need to set your SES email to use an SNS topic that is subscribed 9via https) to this endpoint.

3 hours ago, stoo2000 said:

The endpoint URL for SNS is displayed on the statistics page of the app. You need to set your SES email to use an SNS topic that is subscribed 9via https) to this endpoint.

I will try to configure and give a feedback. In IPS settings I will have to set the SMTP mode, right?

9 minutes ago, sobrenome said:

I will try to configure and give a feedback. In IPS settings I will have to set the SMTP mode, right?

Yes , you need to configure Email settings with the SMTP data of Amazon SES.

Then you need to configure a domain and the emails in amazon SES, and create the notifications for those emails.: in the notifications (Amazon SNS), it is necessary a endpoit SNS for mailbounced.

Edited by pequeno
  • 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 4:01 AM, sobrenome said:

Mail Bouncer is constantly blocking my own admin email. How could I access the log files to know why my own email is being blocked?

I am using amazon SES.

You're welcome to follow the support information if you need technical support :)

You can view (and unblock) your account from the MailBouncer statistics page, You may need to look at the SES suppression list to see why it was blocked (although, they don't provide too much information outside of 'BOUNCE' or 'COMPLAINT'

11 hours ago, stoo2000 said:

You may need to look at the SES suppression list

I am completely lost. Where can I see this suppression list?

I have checked SES page and my complain rate is 0,51% and my SES account is under review and can be suspended (AWS demands complain rate under 0,50%). My reputation on sendgrid was almost 100% (it was 99%). Is there a chance that something is wrong with my Mail Bouncer configuration?

11 hours ago, stoo2000 said:

You're welcome to follow the support information if you need technical support 🙂

I guess I will need to support.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
On 8/5/2020 at 4:06 PM, MadMaxMangos said:

Have had this a few months now but still have to figure out how to setup the SNS endpoint, is that something you can help with? My discord is: MadMax#7731 if you can add me.

Edit: I got this figured out.

I replied to your PM last week but I haven't had a reply yet. I hope you've figured it out. Please feel free to reply to the PM if you're still having an issue.