When is 3.4.2 coming out? It's been for awhile on IPS company forums..

Maxxius

To be perfectly honest, I believe they push out updates too quickly. I rather they take there time a bit more to make it right.

+1. This last update with the editor fiasco is a prime example of this. I'd rather see more QA than more updates for "oops we forgot to check this / oops, we broke this"

It never makes sense to me this constant question about new releases, I groan when a new release comes out as all the updates that follow are a pain. Don't get me wrong we do need updates but it seems as soon as 1 release is rolled out someone puts a thread on about the next!

• Management

If you want to help out, you can by giving the editor a good test and posting any bugs or issues that you spot thanks!

We want to get it out soon but we want to make sure the editor is stable first.

Question is simple, how long till we get 3.4.2 version of IPBoard? Days? Weeks? Month?

Other than the obvious When It's Ready™ answer, it's simply when IPS feels it's ready. Just because it's been on this community for a period of time doesn't mean that they feel it's ready to unleash on the clients. With it being here, bugs are found, reported and fixed. If there's an issue that needs further work, then they do that so when the release is finally available to clients, it's as reliable as it can possibly be. Yes, from a client perspective, the wait can be a bit annoying and frustrating, but the potential damage from using releases that aren't ready can be even worse. We're dealing with the lesser of two evils, trust me.

To be perfectly honest, I believe they push out updates too quickly. I rather they take there time a bit more to make it right.

I don't believe they push them out too quickly, but given the choice, I do appreciate them taking their time to release quality versus quantity.

I am really curios as to when 3.4.3 and 4.0.2 will be out.
let us know.
:tongue:

Dude, 4.0.2 is like two versions ago. I'm wondering about version 6.6.6.

Other than the obvious When It's Ready™ answer, it's simply when IPS feels it's ready. Just because it's been on this community for a period of time doesn't mean that they feel it's ready to unleash on the clients. With it being here, bugs are found, reported and fixed. If there's an issue that needs further work, then they do that so when the release is finally available to clients, it's as reliable as it can possibly be. Yes, from a client perspective, the wait can be a bit annoying and frustrating, but the potential damage from using releases that aren't ready can be even worse. We're dealing with the lesser of two evils, trust me.

I don't believe they push them out too quickly, but given the choice, I do appreciate them taking their time to release quality versus quantity.

Dude, 4.0.2 is like two versions ago. I'm wondering about version 6.6.6.

I want to know about version 13.3.7 ;)

What about version 7.7.7, 10.0.0 or 11.3.4?

I want to know when IPB is donating a well built dedicated multi cpu server to me to run v4 on just because I am such an awesome guy.
or something :smile:

"or something" definitely fits. ;)

I can't wait for this version ^___^

To be honest, I was also interesting about 3.4.2 disponibility date because I didn't voluntarily update to actual version (I'm yet running on 3.3.4) and daily check Bug tracker.

Well, I'm sure it was worth the wait.

+1. This last update with the editor fiasco is a prime example of this. I'd rather see more QA than more updates for "oops we forgot to check this / oops, we broke this"

Exactly! ... Id rather wait for them to get all the damn kinks out before release...

I bet you're wrong. :smile:

Let us not forget versions such as 10.x.x.x, 172.16.x.x-172.31.x.x and 192.168.x.x. :smile:

I'll laugh if we ever get version 867.53.09.

You born in the wrong time to laugh on that:

The Bible tells us that:

Adam lived 930 years. (Genesis 5:5)

Seth lived 912 years.(Genesis 5:8)

Methuselah lived 969 years.(Genesis 5:27)

And Noah lived 950 years. (Genesis 9:29)

Archived