Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry About this Michael but I have 3 problems mate.

1) Shoutbox Archive problem is atill not working, still getting same error

2) I am unable to edit shouts anymore

3) I can no longer drag the box down to show more shouts on the board index

And can you please provide me with your donation link, I think its about time I give you a donation again.

The archive thing is not fixed, I know that, I just wanted to direct you to a link where I showed you I am aware and that I have asked IPS for a method where I can troubleshoot the problem. I can't fix it until I can find some way to see where the memory is leaking.

For the other two, those are probably javascript issues. Check the post here for instructions on how to verify you have everything installed properly for the app.

If you'd like to send a donation, I have a sidebar link at the bottom of my board index.

Thank you Michael, in the download from the Market Place ie: Shoutbox 1.2.7 the two files are not in it mate and so there lies my problem as they are not on my system. can you help please.

• admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/xml/shoutbox_root_css.xml
  • /admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/xml/shoutbox_root_templates.xml

Donation sent buddy

Update

Micheal I uploaded them files from 1.2.4 and all is working well, I presume these two files were not changed is that right.

Hi Michael,

I made my index.html page from IP.Content my home page. I only wanted the shoutbox to appear here. As a result I went into the Global Shoutbox and choose "INCLUDE only in specified pages", with "Pages list" as app=ccs.

This worked perfectly. However I have recently got to grips with custom databases, and parsed a database to a new page. Naturally with the setting above, the shoutbox also appears on this database page as well, and I still only want it on my home page (index.html). I have tried following your FYI section, and every conceivable combination, but am hitting my head against a brick wall. It either displays on all IP.Content pages or none at all.

Is there any advise you can suggest?

Thx in advance.

IP.Content acts weird with those blacklist/whitelist settings, I've tried to make it work on those pages before but have been unsuccessful. You may want to put in a suggestion in the tracker for improving how it works with IP.Content.

may want to conditionally check for ccs installed and add a simple selection of pages if it is.... without ccsFunctions and a selection of pages it IS impossible to do this correctly Michael.... only reason I ever bothered with a block.
It is that one application that can run completely outside ipb... or in a subdirectory thereof... without using ccsFunctions, and in specific the getPageName method, you can never guarantee a proper check.

Hi Michael,

I made my index.html page from IP.Content my home page. I only wanted the shoutbox to appear here. As a result I went into the Global Shoutbox and choose "INCLUDE only in specified pages", with "Pages list" as app=ccs.

This worked perfectly. However I have recently got to grips with custom databases, and parsed a database to a new page. Naturally with the setting above, the shoutbox also appears on this database page as well, and I still only want it on my home page (index.html). I have tried following your FYI section, and every conceivable combination, but am hitting my head against a brick wall. It either displays on all IP.Content pages or none at all.

Is there any advise you can suggest?

Thx in advance.

take the global shoutbox hook...use its contents to create yourself a block in IPC ... then display that block on whatever page you want, hence giving you the results you desire

here is the one I built using that method for my personal site (might need adjustments as it was pulled from 1.2.5)

block_sb-block.xml

here is the one I built using that method for my personal site (might need adjustments as it was pulled from 1.2.5)

I've tested it with 1.2.7 and it works as intended..

you use the visibility restrictions built into the Hook:Global Shoutbox settings... I use

Hook to enable?: Top of Each Page

Display on?: Every Page

Type of Page Check: INCLUDE only on specified pages

Pages list: app=ccs,page=index

then add the block key at the top of the index page of IPC

take the global shoutbox hook...use its contents to create yourself a block in IPC ... then display that block on whatever page you want, hence giving you the results you desire

block_sb-block.xml

I tried your block, and replacing the public get output function with my version 1.2.6, and with both I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method skin_ccs::pagesCheckList() in /home/epic/public_html/admin/applications_addon/ips/ccs/sources/pages.php(419) : eval()'d code on line 6154

This subsequently relates to this:

eval( $skinFile['cache_content'] );

So I'm still stuck.

block_sb-block.xml

firstly... that was rather Low Simons... the cache of that block blatantly states you just posted up some of my porting.

I tried your block, and replacing the public get output function with my version 1.2.6, and with both I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method skin_ccs::pagesCheckList() in /home/epic/public_html/admin/applications_addon/ips/ccs/sources/pages.php(419) : eval()'d code on line 6154

This subsequently relates to this:

eval( $skinFile['cache_content'] );

So I'm still stuck.

I have just updated this to no longer load the emoticons cache, among other code fine-tunings...
http://community.inv...pcontent-block/

Just updated to the latest version and now when I'm more then 10 min inactive on my site there's a little message that says "blablabla you inactive blablaba click the I'm back button"

But when I click it, nothing happens.

Do the steps here: http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/340044-download-shoutbox-32/page__st__980#entry2219891

Archived