usually by editing it.

:smile:

sorry could not resist saying that :smile: :smile:

I'm terrible.. :smile:

Lol, i obviously have no clue how to edit it like that :P
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just Upgraded to 3.2.7 from 3.2.1 and now I can only use the shoutbox if i go to the shoutbox tab and write in the editior. But on any other page since i have the global hook enabled it does not send replies as a matter of fact none of the buttons work. This is also on the original IP Board skin so not 100% sure what could be causing this issue.

Michael,

Is 1.2.7 simply restricting the ajax shout limit to a minimum of 30 seconds? I want it lower, and will revert to 1.2.6 if there has been nothing else beneficially added to 1.2.7!!! I know there is a resource issue, but that's something I'm willing to risk. I think it would have been better to simply add a note, that it's not recommended to go below 30 seconds, but still give people the option.

Your thoughts?

Cavey

I've removed any versions lower than 1.2.7 from the Marketplace. You do need to be using 1.2.7, whether or not you're 'willing to risk' the higher resource usage is not the issue, the issue is that the higher resource usage that can come with this app has the potential to affect other sites on the same server, and then the blame for that can come back to me. If you just absolutely have to have a Shoutbox that refreshes faster than every 30 seconds, I'd suggest you hire a developer to create one for you; that's not going to be an option in this product any longer.

Michael can you tell me how i can move the timestamp in the left? (in case you missed the previous posts)

Hes far too busy to help you modifiy your shoutbox install. Go into the row_template for the shoutbox. Locate that timestamp code and move it to the front where the username div's are. It makes it look hella bad, but if you change the type of time display to purely ##-## instead of all that mumbo jumbo extra stuff, it could look nice.

I don't like giving specific reskinning instructions because I'm not a skinner; I often can't make things look as nice as you might want. It is the skin_shoutbox -> shout_row skin template that you'd need to modify, and it's this bit in that template you'll want to move some place:

({$d['s_date']})

Guest Reystar

It makes it look hella bad, but if you change the type of time display to purely ##-## instead of all that mumbo jumbo extra stuff, it could look nice.

Does that look bad?
%7Boption%7D

Archived