Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course with some custom coding it could be done, but what's the point? If you want to see a list of who is active on your forum, look at the active users list on the board index. No, I'm not going to add that list into this app. It makes no sense to duplicate existing IP.Board features that way.

Why i would like to see this feature inplemented, is that I would use this with the tournament mod....

So what in looking for is a way to display all online members in Real time so people can see whos online and who might be up for a match. I used to do this on a VB instalation with a normal SB without this function and then people asked for matches because they thourgth people where online. After awhile stoped asking, and some left for another forum. Then i added chatroll (not a very stable solution) and it made the activity rise. At the same time i would like ADD a Challenge button to make it All easy. Im not saying that you should add this... Just asking if it could be done :-)

Why isn't my chatbox displaying those small arrows with which you can browse the smilies? Now it only shows one row of smileys and you have to click "show all" to view more. :sad:

That "show all" popup is clumsy. It would be better, if you could expand the smilies to multiple rows.

Oh, I see what you mean. I was using the the shoutbox on it's own page in the full screen mode.
If you use it on the other pages then the emoticon selection is great. In the full screen mode it is not as good.
Is there not supposed to be those little arrows like in the forum emoticon selection? Or is there something wrong with my computer?

It would be good if it had those arrows OR if it had the "smileys" button also on the shoutbox only page. :smile:

superi: This is a known bug due to the editor that is used on the main SB page.

Ok, here's a strange one for you...

The global SB and main SB page shouts work fine on my site, minus not being able to use ENTER on main SB page that is ;)

However, a LOT of my users access the site using mobile devices and then view the site in full so as to access the SB. When they use the global SB on a mobile device it works fine. When they use the main SB page and try to shout by clicking on the shout button, it doesn't work! This has been reported to me by users of iPhone, iPad as well as Android devices.

http://www.jzx100.com/forum/

Oh, I see what you mean. I was using the the shoutbox on it's own page in the full screen mode.

If you use it on the other pages then the emoticon selection is great. In the full screen mode it is not as good.

Is there not supposed to be those little arrows like in the forum emoticon selection? Or is there something wrong with my computer?

It would be good if it had those arrows OR if it had the "smileys" button also on the shoutbox only page. :smile:

The 'little arrows' you keep referring to are a feature of the CKEditor IP.Board uses. That editor is not used in the Global Shoutbox hook. Instead, I made the popup that displays your emoticons. If that 'little arrows' section doesn't work for you in the full screen mode, please report it in the bug tracker.

superi: This is a known bug due to the editor that is used on the main SB page.

Ok, here's a strange one for you...

The global SB and main SB page shouts work fine on my site, minus not being able to use ENTER on main SB page that is :wink:

However, a LOT of my users access the site using mobile devices and then view the site in full so as to access the SB. When they use the global SB on a mobile device it works fine. When they use the main SB page and try to shout by clicking on the shout button, it doesn't work! This has been reported to me by users of iPhone, iPad as well as Android devices.

http://www.jzx100.com/forum/

Do those devices use javascript? Because that's how the buttons are controlled. I don't have such a device I can test this on, but feel free to submit a bug report and I'll try to get someone to test this for me.

Michael, yes the iPhone/iPad both support Javascript and I can only assume Android based devices do as well.

The shout button in the global SB works on mobile devices but the shout button in the main SB page does not, that's what's strange IMHO.

Anyway, I'll submit a bug report and cross my fingers ;)

With IPB 3.3 just around the corner, this mod is going to be extremely in demand for many communities. Personally, i'm going to wait until this mod is confirmed to be 100% compatible before upgrading my community to IPB 3.3. So, i strolled around on invisionfocus and checked the tracker... A few little things to iron out, but nothing seems critical. I just wanted to thank Michael again, for his awesome work and i greatly look forward to the gold release for 3.3 :wink:

Hi Michael,

I upgraded to 1.2.7 but since the upgrade I'm having the following issues.

1. I am no longer able to expand the shoutbox, the double arrow appears, nothing happens when mouse is clicked and moved.

2. When a member has been away from the shoutbox for a set period of time the box appears stating that the shoutbox has been deactivated and to click the "I'm back" button, nothing happens when this button is clicked.

Appreciate your help on this matter.

Thanks

TheWelshOne

Hi Michael,

I upgraded to 1.2.7 but since the upgrade I'm having the following issues.

1. I am no longer able to expand the shoutbox, the double arrow appears, nothing happens when mouse is clicked and moved.

2. When a member has been away from the shoutbox for a set period of time the box appears stating that the shoutbox has been deactivated and to click the "I'm back" button, nothing happens when this button is clicked.

Appreciate your help on this matter.

Thanks

TheWelshOne

This works:

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/340044-download-shoutbox-32/page__st__980#entry2219891

Archived