Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The shoutbox announcement uses the standard IP.Board ".message" class as defined in the ipb_styles.css stylesheet:

/************************************************************************/

/* MESSAGE STYLES */

.message {

background: #ebfcdf;

padding: 10px;

border: 1px solid #a4cfa4;

color: #0e440e;

line-height: 1.6;

font-size: 12px;

}

.message h3 {

padding: 0;

color: #323232;

}

You can either edit that code (but it will affect everywhere else this class is used in IP.Board), or define a new class for it in the skin_shoutbox -> announcement skin template.

Upload the contents of the 'upload' folder from the zip file you get when you download this app to your site, visit the Manage Applications & Modules page in your Admin CP, click the button that says 'upgrade' beside the entry for this app, follow the steps in the upgrader.

The item you need to click is not there, that means you haven't properly uploaded the files for this new version.

Extract the zip file from the download linked to the first page of this topic. Open the resulting folder up on your computer. Browse to the 'upload' folder inside of that. You should see 2 folders: 'public' and 'admin'. You need to upload those folders into your forum's root directory with an FTP program. If you simply drag and drop these two folders into your forum's root (the place where the conf_global.php file is located), then they should put all of the files in the appropriate location.

Remember that if you have renamed your forum's admin folder, you'll need to upload the contents of this app's admin folder into your renamed admin folder on your site.

i see. i have the ftp info but i dont know where to get in? :smile:

btw, i saw the folders you've mentioned public and admin :smile:

have you ever used ftp into your board?
if so did you use filezilla client?

http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/documentation/index.html/_/new-docs/ipboard/how-to-upload-the-files-required-for-ipboard-r664

some info on ftp here

oh ok :smile:

thanks michael for the patience of replying to my iniquiries....

i made tiral and error in uploading the file and binggo i got it... am starting to upgrade now but im in part now... which one should i put a check mark? i don't know how to do it in the first box so i guess i'll just click start to upgrade

Invision Power Board 3.2

The upgrader is now ready to start the upgrade of Shoutbox
Current Version: v1.1.2
Latest Version: v1.2.7Upgrade Options

• Show me manual upgrade steps for SQL queries to prevent PHP page timeouts. WARNING: If you select this option, you will be shown SQL queries that you must run at your mysql command line. If you are not comfortable doing this, please submit a ticket and our technicians will assist you, or contact your webhost for assistance.
  • Update my help files if changes are found

Is it no longer possible to locate the Shoutbox at the bottom of the page instead of the top?

You said "You can change the position of the hook in the Settings -> Hook: Global Shoutbox settings if you don't like it there." a few pages back, but I no longer have a settings menu there. In the application settings there does not appear to be a way to move it to the bottom.

Archived