Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello i have got this fatal error and i do not know what it means i have tried every thing to try to fix it can you please help me. I know i have downloaded the right one b/c it was for 3.2 and my site version is 3.2.3?

Fatal error: Call to a member function announcement() on a non-object in /home/themoddi/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/sources/classes/library.390

How can i disable the /me function.

Whenever soemone post a link or image url with the words http://media.

the /me function corrups the link with there name.

There's no built-in option to do that right now. You can request a feature for that in the Tracker (link is in the first post and in the documentation).

There's nothing else I can tell you. That issue would be caused by a javascript problem on your site. If you have the latest files, and everything built properly, then that feature should work fine. If it doesn't work fine, then you have not done those steps correctly.

If it doesn't work fine, then you have not done those steps correctly.

This is not always True. Even following any steps to a T... doesnt mean the person didnt follow the steps correctly... Following the steps you provided just did not seem to work out correctly... It could be a Javascript issues, as you stated... but what could be it exactly. I havent added anything new on my site.. only have updated the shoutbox to 1.2.8 ..

Have reuploaded everything, done all the re-caching etc... Like I said.. everything works fine, the only part that does not work correctly is the Edit shouts and Load moderator tools..

If one didnt do the steps you provided correctly, then the other items wouldnt be working (shout, refresh, smilies, etc) Not just the Edit / moderator tools alone.

I have a problem whit Shouts display ordering..

this option into Settings / Shouts section influence both Hook: global shoutbox hook and shoutbox general

the into Shouts display ordering into Hook: Global Shoutbox section not have influence not work...

Regards

this option into Settings / Shouts section influence both Hook: global shoutbox hook and shoutbox general

[u]the into Shouts display ordering into Hook: Global Shoutbox section not have influence not work...[/u]

Regards

Hi Michael

Same problem here the newest - oldest / oldest - newest setting does not work always places new shouts at the bottom

This is not always True. Even following any steps to a T... doesnt mean the person didnt follow the steps correctly... Following the steps you provided just did not seem to work out correctly... It could be a Javascript issues, as you stated... but what could be it exactly. I havent added anything new on my site.. only have updated the shoutbox to 1.2.8 ..

Have reuploaded everything, done all the re-caching etc... Like I said.. everything works fine, the only part that does not work correctly is the Edit shouts and Load moderator tools..

If one didnt do the steps you provided correctly, then the other items wouldnt be working (shout, refresh, smilies, etc) Not just the Edit / moderator tools alone.

Update

The time out is working now.........but settings have set to 5 minutes and time out is working after 36 minutes ??????

and CrossFire-Radio................................i agree with you 100%

They're all javascript stuff that works correctly on both my test board and my live board. If they're not working for you, that means one of two things, either you don't have a completely correct installation, or you have something else interfering.

EDIT: If you'd like me to debug these issues on your site, I can, but please wait until next weekend as I'm currently out of town and have limited internet access.

[u]the into Shouts display ordering into Hook: Global Shoutbox section not have influence not work...[/u]

Regards

You can report bugs in the bug tracker, linked in the first post and in the documentation.

Michael.

in the new version of is there any way to remove the @'s before the nickname.. I think is too ugly lol.

i would like to remove this. if theres any way please advise me how. thanks.

There is no built-in way to disable them, if you'd like to request this you can make a feature request in the tracker.

They're all javascript stuff that works correctly on both my test board and my live board. If they're not working for you, that means one of two things, either you don't have a completely correct installation, or you have something else interfering.

Something very strange... I tried switching skins.. (First used IP Default skin, then used a recent skin I installed just a few days ago) And the Edit / Mod tools works... and when switching back to the original skin im using... edit / mod tools dont open... (Not sure what made me think of changing skins, but it just popped into my head)... But it appears to now be a skin issue for some odd reason.. I just have to figure out what the exact issue would be with a skin conflict and the shoutbox.

I don't think most of you guys understand how these things work. Like many of us said many times, its always best to wait for later release of any update to give the developers time to fix bug/ issues. I personally will not be upgrading until about 3.3.1 or .2 so I would suggest you guys do the same :smile:

I have the same problem which CrossFire-Radio had with edit option. It did no work when I want to use it at forum or global shoutbox. Nothing load and any reaction. Only mod options load when I hit that button.

I'm using IPB 3.2.3 and newest version of this mod (1.2.8). Anyone have any idea how I may fix it?

I have the same problem which CrossFire-Radio had with edit option. It did no work when I want to use it at forum or global shoutbox. Nothing load and any reaction. Only mod options load when I hit that button.

I'm using IPB 3.2.3 and newest version of this mod (1.2.8). Anyone have any idea how I may fix it?

My issue was a Skin issue... Try switching over to IP Default skin, and then click the edit button... If it loads up, then its the skin you are using., as that was my issue. It was only 1 specific skin too. The other skins (one downloaded and default skin) it worked fine on.

Archived