Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, Michael. How can I go about adjusting the width of the shout input box? I'm trying not to affect the global class of:

.input_text, .ipsTagBox_wrapper {

background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF;

border-color: #848484 #C1C1C1 #E1E1E1;

border-radius: 2px 2px 2px 2px;

border-style: solid;

border-width: 1px;

padding: 4px;

}

Does anyone know how to change the height of the shoutbox sidebar hook?

Just find the following line in hookGlobalShoutShoutboxSidebar file:
<div id='shoutbox-shouts' style='height: {$d['shout_height']}px; overflow-x: hidden;'>

change the {$d['shout_height']} to the number of pixels... example:

<div id='shoutbox-shouts' style='height: 250px; overflow-x: hidden;'>

Hello, Michael. How can I go about adjusting the width of the shout input box? I'm trying not to affect the global class of:

.input_text, .ipsTagBox_wrapper {

background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF;

border-color: #848484 #C1C1C1 #E1E1E1;

border-radius: 2px 2px 2px 2px;

border-style: solid;

border-width: 1px;

padding: 4px;

}

Are you referring to the input textarea in the Global Shoutbox hook?

Since upgrade my shoutbox it look weird,also what happen to the sidebar hook,and my words in the shout box is now under the usernames and it look weird.

I don't know what i can tell you about "Since upgrade my shoutbox it look weird', since you don't explain what is weird. As far as the sidebar hook, the text has always appeared under the user names.

If you adjust the column width of the table cells in that area, the textarea should widen as needed. Look in the skin_shoutbox_hooks -> hookGlobalShoutbox skin template, and find these two rows:

<td class='altrow' valign='top'<if test="$this->memberData['g_shoutbox_use']"> style='width:75%'<else /> colspan='2'</if>>

<td class='short row2 altrow' style='width:25%' valign='top'>

The first one is the width of the main area showing all of the shouts, the second is the section with this input box. Just adjust these values so the second column is wider or narrower as needed.

*Smacks forehead* I should have thought maybe you weren't using the same theme as me. OK, so the width of the input box on Theme 2 is this line:

<input type='text' id='shoutbox-global-shout' size='70' class='input_text' />

Change the 70 there to something bigger or smaller as needed.

Awesome! Thanks, Michael!

Ahh, because the full version runs nearly flawlessly on the full version skin on most mobile devices with webkit browsers. My users have been pushing for an app JUST for the shoutbox so I've been trying to figure out the best way to go about it.

Michael, I appreciate the quick response.

Archived