Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm assuming you're referring to the Global Shoutbox hook. If that's the case, you can edit it in the skin_shoutbox_hooks -> hookGlobalShoutbox skin template.

Hello, yes, I am talking about the Global Shoutbox hook that spans across the width of the page at the top. I have played around in the hookGlobalShoutbox template but can only seem to get anything to appear either above the chat lines or below. What do I need to be looking at to try and get something to appear on the side? It can be inside the shoutbox itself or not.

Thanks.

Sorry if this has been asked before. This thread is huge hah. But any idea why some of my members will see 5 shouts at a time (visible without scrolling), while I see 7 1/2 lines. Using the same skin and same browser.

Probably because they have dragged the bottom of their shotbox down. Hover over the bottom until you see the cursor change and the drag it.

If you wish to set a minimum, you can easily alter on of the templates hookGlobalShoutboxSidebar

find

<div id='shoutbox-shouts' style='height: {$d['shout_height']}px; overflow-x: hidden;'>[/CODE]

replace with

<div id='shoutbox-shouts' style='height: 400px; overflow-x: hidden;'>

to make it say 400px long There is probably as simply way to alter the value of shout_height, but in my quick search last night I did not track it down. The other change I amde was in the shoutbox.css I changwed

.sidebar_shout_div {

padding: 5px;

border-bottom: 1px dashed #d5dde5;

}

to

.sidebar_shout_div {

padding: 5px;

border-top: 1px dashed #d5dde5;

}

to move the dotted line divider to beneath the shout rather than in the middle of it. Looks more logical IMHO.

Sorry if this has been asked before. This thread is huge hah. But any idea why some of my members will see 5 shouts at a time (visible without scrolling), while I see 7 1/2 lines. Using the same skin and same browser.

This has been mentioned before, repeatedly. Thanks, you just made the topic even bigger, and thus the next person is more likely to post rather than read too.

In theory, yes, you should be able to make the Pages List setting work for any page on your forum, including in IP.Content pages. It's complicated to do this, though, especially in IP.Content. I've tried to tweak the text for this setting in the latest release to clarify how to use that setting.

That shouldn't matter. 1KB in the setting equals 1024 single-byte characters, so just use whatever number of KB would correspond to the number of characters you want.

Thanks for the info but the way I understand it is that setting isn't going to allow me to limit it to any number lower than 1024 characters, which is what I'm trying to do.

Michael, a member on my forums just made a very observant comment about the Shoutbox. Apparently, when you edit the BBCODE under Look and Feel and you stop videos and images from being displayed in the shoutbox, the "My Media" button in the "post editor" box still allows you to embed media into the Shoutbox. Has this been fixed or is there a fix to this?

I still cannot reproduce any such issue in the Global Shoutbox hook, they use the same emoticons.

sorry dear :sad:
This is not only my site problem
i try it with new ipb installation on server and local host please look my screenshots its new installation and it not working with ipb default smilies <_<

<_<

All other smilies are working well so the problem with > , < these characters my be it is the problem with java replacement i dont sure about the prob

see my screen shot
this is localhost and install only ipb 3.2.2 and shoutbox

%7Boption%7D

%7Boption%7DTM_1316725397__untitled_2.jpg' alt='' cl" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="355">

Also can you give me your demo location

sorry dear :sad:

This is not only my site problem

i try it with new ipb installation on server and local host please look my screenshots its new installation and it not working with ipb default smilies <_<

<_<

All other smilies are working well so the problem with > , < these characters my be it is the problem with java replacement i dont sure about the prob see my screen shot this is localhost and install only ipb 3.2.2 and shoutbox %7Boption%7D%7Boption%7DTM_1316725397__untitled_2.jpg' alt='' cl" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="355"> Also can you give me your demo location

Finally I can reproduce the problem with the <_< emoticon. See if this fixes it. Open the /admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/modules_public/ajax/coreAjax.php file, find this code:

/* If in the global shoutbox, we don&#39;t need to have the editor process this */

if ( !$this->request[&#39;global&#39;] )

{

$shout = $this->library->editor->process( $shout );

}

Add this immediately below it:

else

{

$shout = IPSText::htmlspecialchars( $shout );

}

Save and upload.

Archived