Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way this setting works is complicated. You can basically use any $this->request value in the pages list. But the problem is, that will vary depending on your IP.Content setup. I'll see if I can add a way in a future version to get it to output some more data that may help build this pages list.

I've got my IPC setup to serve the index file at the root of my site.

It doesn't do that for me, I can't reproduce any such problem.

Make sure you have the latest version of all files and do a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5). If the problem persists, please explain in detail exactly what you're doing, especially whether you are in the Shoutbox application itself or using the Global Shoutbox hook.

It doesn't do that for me, I can't reproduce any such problem.

Make sure you have the latest version of all files and do a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5). If the problem persists, please explain in detail exactly what you're doing, especially whether you are in the Shoutbox application itself or using the Global Shoutbox hook.

It is in the global shoutbox hook, and I have the latest files for 3.2.2..

Michael, I think I discovered something that might be wrong with the Shoutbox (GLOBAL Hook). For more than a few weeks, I haven't been able to figure out why a free forum skin, provided by Fisana, kept displaying a scrollbar at the bottom of the Board Index. Then, after disabling every hook and re-enabling them, I discovered that the problem stems from the "Global Shoutbox" hook.

When I enable the global hook for the shoutbox so that the shoutbox displays on the board index, for some odd reason, the hook displays a scrollbar at the very bottom of the Board Index. I can't figure it out. This 'issue' involves the Delicate Blue and the Delicate (or Delicate Green) forum skin.

Do you have a a fix for this?

Michael, I think I discovered something that might be wrong with the Shoutbox (GLOBAL Hook). For more than a few weeks, I haven't been able to figure out why a free forum skin, provided by Fisana, kept displaying a scrollbar at the bottom of the Board Index. Then, after disabling every hook and re-enabling them, I discovered that the problem stems from the "Global Shoutbox" hook.

When I enable the global hook for the shoutbox so that the shoutbox displays on the board index, for some odd reason, the hook displays a scrollbar at the very bottom of the Board Index. I can't figure it out. This 'issue' involves the Delicate Blue and the Delicate (or Delicate Green) forum skin.

Do you have a a fix for this?

This app is designed for the IP.Board default skin, when you mix third party mods with third party skins you can run into issues like this. There's no fix I can give for that, because it's not a problem with this app, it's only a problem with this app in combination with that skin. I'm not going to provide such a fix because that may mean any time any third party skin has an issue with this app that I'd be asked to provide a fix for that particular combination.

This app is designed for the IP.Board default skin, when you mix third party mods with third party skins you can run into issues like this. There's no fix I can give for that, because it's not a problem with this app, it's only a problem with this app in combination with that skin. I'm not going to provide such a fix because that may mean any time any third party skin has an issue with this app that I'd be asked to provide a fix for that particular combination.

Agreed, I generally take such issues up with the skin designer.

It is in the global shoutbox hook, and I have the latest files for 3.2.2..

You'll have to explain in detail exactly what it is you're doing that's not working. The only problem I can see is that there are some macros that this app used to use that are still not included in IP.Board 3.2, so some icons wouldn't be showing up for freshly installed boards, but I can't see any issues with editing shouts and posting new ones immediately.

Updated to version 1.2.2 to take care of a few issues, namely:

• Fixed problem with Global Shoutbox hook not staying collapsed
  • Fixed problem with adding moderator with 3-letter name
  • Fixed problem with shouts being parsed in the Global Shoutbox unnecessarily
  • Small improvements to archive resource usage
  • Added setting to disable ajax refresh image for Global Shoutbox and Active User List refreshing
  • Replaced macros that IPS has removed from IP.Board with their HTML equivalents

Thanks, Michael. I'll bring this to Fisana's attention. But, I doubt she'll listen because I asked her about it and she said there's nothing wrong with her skin.

That's the thing, there may be nothing wrong with her skin, just like there's nothing wrong with this app, it's just the combination of the two that is apparently a problem. But since it's a visual aspect of the skin that's the problem, the skinner is the one most likely to be able to solve it.

Just upgraded to 1.2.2 .. currently running IPB 3.2.2 ... I noticed on my dashboard ..I get the message "FURL Cache Out Of Date The rule definitions for the Shoutbox application may be out of date. Rebuild FURL Cache" ... I've rebuild the FURL cache and yet it remains ... anyone else seeing this?

NOTE: this appeared before the actual upgrade .. noticed it as soon as I unzipped the files .. before the upgrade was performed. It remained even after upgrade (and the FURL rebuild of coarse).

doing a "recache all" fixed my issue, whatever the cause was .. so if anyone else sees it try that step first .. I didn't see this on a dev install at all, so was definitely localized to my build.

on a side note...great job on the shoutbox Michael ... and all your other hook, applications, etc for that matter :tongue: ... keep up the awesome work !!!!

Archived