Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok.. I was able to delete an entry, but couldn't seem to edit it. I have to get rid of the whole entry and type it over again. Is there a fix to this? Whenever I click the edit button, it does nothing.

Make sure you have the latest versions of the javascript files uploaded to your site. I can't currently reproduce any issues with editing shouts.

Thanks. The query didn't fix it, but deleting the files did. :smile:

Small niggle...

After doing this, the Smilies button on the board index broke. It did nothing until I added a new smiley, now it only lists the new smiley in a pop-up box when it's clicked.

However, the smilies button inside the Shoutbox tab works fine.

Yeah, I tried reuploading the files, too.

Is it possible to minimize the shoutbox my default on the index page? So that it was still there, but wouldn't be taking up as much space. So if someone wanted to use it, they just maximize it?

%7Boption%7D

So it would look like this by default.

If so, please help me :) I'm running on the latest version ;)

No, the way the collapsed state works on the board index makes everything always show by default, then can be minimized if you want. I can't change that behavior as it is standard IP.Board behavior controlled by the javascript code; and thus, no way for me to even hook into it.

I just upgraded my forum to 3.2.1. My shoutbox disappeared since of the update. I went to check the shoutbox settings, and I get this error when the settings link is clicked.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method cp_skin_tools::settings_view_row() in /home/caspsh1/public_html/fly/forum/admin/applications/core/modules_admin/tools/settings.php on line 1248

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, always get the same result. I am using the newest shoutbox version.

Any ideas?

I just upgraded my forum to 3.2.1. My shoutbox disappeared since of the update. I went to check the shoutbox settings, and I get this error when the settings link is clicked.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method cp_skin_tools::settings_view_row() in /home/caspsh1/public_html/fly/forum/admin/applications/core/modules_admin/tools/settings.php on line 1248

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, always get the same result. I am using the newest shoutbox version.

Any ideas?

Did you upgrade from 3.1x? if so, you should upgrade the shoutbox as well as the shoutbox for 3.1.x will not work at a 3.2x forum from what I read.

Any URL's to sites using 3.2 with shoutbox I could see? Thanks.

http://2girls1minecraft.com/

No, the way the collapsed state works on the board index makes everything always show by default, then can be minimized if you want. I can't change that behavior as it is standard IP.Board behavior controlled by the javascript code; and thus, no way for me to even hook into it.

But IP.Board remembers my state for other things when I collapse and refresh, the Shoutbox always comes back to a non-collapsed state. Is this correctable? Other than that I do love it! Great addon for any small to medium community!!!

Thanks!

Sorry Michael, your problem child is back (me). :sad:

post-1789-0-29143500-1314484292_thumb.pn

Any idea?

At what point does that occur, as soon as the popup opens, or when you try and execute the archive?

But IP.Board remembers my state for other things when I collapse and refresh, the Shoutbox always comes back to a non-collapsed state. Is this correctable? Other than that I do love it! Great addon for any small to medium community!!!

Thanks!

The fact that it doesn't remember the collapsed state is a bug that is fixed for the next version. But that doesn't change my answer from above; there isn't any way to default it to being collapsed.

Archived